• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%.

Me too. I think the players want, need and deserve a seat at the table and to have their concerns heard (after all, they are the reason CFB exisits). But I think they went about it the wrong way. They demanded too much too fast and shouldn't have threatened to sit out so fast. It made them look like opportunists.

But IMO they have a seat at the table with captains and I am against just the entire premise of their argument because they devalue the education they are given. But I realize there is an argument for the opposing view. But, yes, IMO they have gone about it the wrong way. And IMO an idiotic way. You can tell by their demands they have no idea what a players association is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But IMO they have a seat at the table with captains and I am against just the entire premise of their argument because they devalue the education they are given. But I realize there is an argument for the opposing view. But, yes, IMO they have gone about it the wrong way. And IMO an idiotic way. You can tell by their demands they have no idea what a players association is.

They really don't have a seat at the table though. Some of that is obviously logistical because they are only there 3-4 years. So, it's not like professional sports leagues where a player can be a part of a union and in some cases, even still be involved in the union after he retires.

But a lot of very impactful decisions (for example this current one about not playing) are made for them with little to no input from them. We call them kids and in many ways they are, but these are also 18-22 year old men. Legally, they are responsible for their own decisions.

If they have some way to know that their concerns are at least heard and considered, they likely wouldn't feel like they need something like #WeAreUnited.

Most schools probably have something set up where the captains can go to the coach or the AD to address concerns within their team. But what about school Presidents and what about players being heard at the conference level when conference wide decisions that effect them are made?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. this kid is at his 4th school, can't believe he's not gonna go for it this season to complete his tour of a mercenary..

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. this kid is at his 4th school, can't believe he's not gonna go for it this season to complete his tour of a mercenary..

No reason to play in the fall when he can play at USC in a few months.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, and then the real games vs PAC 12 opponents immediately after.
homie..Bohn came out and said having a spring season for it's athletics would be a "Herculean effort" to pull off

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too populated.

You'd need to build a stadium and hotels wherever they hold Burning Man events
no you need to build fields.
if its in a bubble there are no fans anyway.
why build a whole stadium?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think UW would find a P5 conference? Best attendance in the conference, one of the better academic schools in the country, and a decent size media market in regards to the west coast.
the Pac barely wants Washington, why would anyone else?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC IT UP PAC IT IN... LET'S NOT BEGIN!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really don't have a seat at the table though. Some of that is obviously logistical because they are only there 3-4 years. So, it's not like professional sports leagues where a player can be a part of a union and in some cases, even still be involved in the union after he retires.

But a lot of very impactful decisions (for example this current one about not playing) are made for them with little to no input from them. We call them kids and in many ways they are, but these are also 18-22 year old men. Legally, they are responsible for their own decisions.

If they have some way to know that their concerns are at least heard and considered, they likely wouldn't feel like they need something like #WeAreUnited.

Most schools probably have something set up where the captains can go to the coach or the AD to address concerns within their team. But what about school Presidents and what about players being heard at the conference level when conference wide decisions that effect them are made?

You’re first I totally agree with. I’m coming at this from a WSU POV. The captains were informed and asked. Opting out of playing the season because of Covid concerns was already a thing before unity movement started. The only thing that was ever in question was whether if you opted out if you should be able to use the facilities....in which my opinion they should not be. And much like our discussions in your feelings towards college age kids (take a look at the Seahawks who just got cut) I have even less faith in the players that this is about safety and not more on trying to pile on a movement.

If they want to unionize and become employees, be truthful and go for it. Don’t hide behind Covid. Let alone unity which is the first that goes when you organize in labor.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appears its being worked out in PAC and probably the other confs that if there is no season till next fall 2021, seniors will still retain one more year of eligibility. Meaning there would be 85 + how many 2020 seniors decide to play instead of leaving for NFL/ grad and start other careers, etc....

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myocarditis and associated issue of liability is all you need to know re: why the P12 and B10 are not playing. Bruce Feldman wrote an excellent article about the impact of myocarditis on the decision-making process in both conferences. It certainly got the attention of the AD's and coaches in the P12......

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appears its being worked out in PAC and probably the other confs that if there is no season till next fall 2021, seniors will still retain one more year of eligibility. Meaning there would be 85 + how many 2020 seniors decide to play instead of leaving for NFL/ grad and start other careers, etc....

Why do you care. You’d allow Bernie Sanders to be UW’s HC if he got results. You can’t expect a coach on the west coast right now saying, it is wrong that we aren’t playing and we are behind the time on SJW stuff. Your black head coach had his black and white players quit on him, would be a horrible look if you had a repeat.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you care. You’d allow Bernie Sanders to be UW’s HC if he got results. You can’t expect a coach on the west coast right now saying, it is wrong that we aren’t playing and we are behind the time on SJW stuff. Your black head coach had his black and white players quit on him, would be a horrible look if you had a repeat.
If Lake craps the bed then UW should go after this guy.

6_7858389.jpg