• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Lineup

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said 2 weeks ago that Gomez would make the team. Doesn't seem so unlikely anymore. Seems he hasn't lost his passing ability.

Cheap one year deal without any kind of NTC would be fine with me.

Merrill has been hurt but seeing the comments from DeBoer, he should also be a regular in the lineup.

Your favorite player Brunner will be on the ice for game one most likely.

For backup job, I think its going to be Clemmensen based on the fact that Cory will be starting as much as possible. Better for Kinkaid to get minutes in minors.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, maybe Gomez's passing ability is what Michael Ryder needs to get back to being a sniper? I did read Ryder say his back was fucked up last year and he played through it. His entire workout routine this summer has been based around strengthening his hips and his core to take pressure off of his back so hopefully it works.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem I have with Gomer is he isn't likely to play a half season never mind a full one.

So unless we can sign Carter to a deal in the minors (not likely) Id rather Lou just sign him, cut Gomer, trade Brunner for a bag of pucks and start the year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 2 weeks ago that Gomez would make the team. Doesn't seem so unlikely anymore. Seems he hasn't lost his passing ability.

Cheap one year deal without any kind of NTC would be fine with me.

Merrill has been hurt but seeing the comments from DeBoer, he should also be a regular in the lineup.

Your favorite player Brunner will be on the ice for game one most likely.

For backup job, I think its going to be Clemmensen based on the fact that Cory will be starting as much as possible. Better for Kinkaid to get minutes in minors.

Brunner?!?!??! no me gusta!!! :yahoo:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, maybe Gomez's passing ability is what Michael Ryder needs to get back to being a sniper? I did read Ryder say his back was fucked up last year and he played through it. His entire workout routine this summer has been based around strengthening his hips and his core to take pressure off of his back so hopefully it works.

its preseason but Ryder looked a lot better with his play and results than he did last yr....

that's a plus I noticed...

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good news. Kaberle and Fedentko released. I liked Kaberle years ago, but there just was no room for him on this team. It would only bump one of the younger guys (most likely Larsson to watching the game in a suit).

Gomez has a hurt wrist. Thinking he is about a 60-40 to signing a contract but this injury can't be helping him.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kabarle was likely a move to pressure Gelinas into signing, to provide insurance incase he didn't and to push the younger guys in camp. Fedotenko really had no chance.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kabarle was likely a move to pressure Gelinas into signing, to provide insurance incase he didn't and to push the younger guys in camp. Fedotenko really had no chance.

They were both there in case things didn't work out or others faltered. Things worked out and the kids look good so......

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I believe Zubrus has been on a line with Elias and Havlat for the most part? Not sure I love that move but I guess chemistry is the most important thing and if it's there why mess with it? Ideally though, with what is remaining after the cuts I think my preferred lines would be:

Camm-Zajac-Jagr
Havlat-Elias-Ruutu
Clowe-Henrique-Ryder
Zubrus-Josefson-Brunner/Gionta

Assuming that Clowe is healthy and Ryder can bounce back a bit that 3rd line is really a 2nd line. Although this means nothing if Gomez or Tootoo sign, no idea how that 4th line is going to work.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I believe Zubrus has been on a line with Elias and Havlat for the most part? Not sure I love that move but I guess chemistry is the most important thing and if it's there why mess with it? Ideally though, with what is remaining after the cuts I think my preferred lines would be:

Camm-Zajac-Jagr
Havlat-Elias-Ruutu
Clowe-Henrique-Ryder
Zubrus-Josefson-Brunner/Gionta

Assuming that Clowe is healthy and Ryder can bounce back a bit that 3rd line is really a 2nd line. Although this means nothing if Gomez or Tootoo sign, no idea how that 4th line is going to work.

slow/old team.... good grief.... none of those guys do any muscle work except for Zubs n Clowe.....

we're not going to like a lot of nights lol....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the lineup is that slow. We don't have a ton of burners but with the exception of Zubs/Clowe everyone on there is at least a decent skater. Ruutu provides some pop as well. It's really not a bad lineup.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Team took some positive steps to get a bit quicker and drop some unnecessary weight. We are looking at Larsson, Gelinas, Merrill and possibly Severson has regulars in the line up. This is what we wanted last year, and the year before, but the team had excess blue liners including Volchenkov and Harrold.
Severson is somebody who can play both ends of the ice well. Sure he is a rookie but I rather be watching him over Harrold. Plus, he has a good heavy shot. So now you have Gelinas and Severson who can rip it from the blue line. Defense? Haven't been this happy going into a season for a while.

With offense, different story.
Not sure what they will do with Tootoo or Gomez. Part of me wants Gomez to return, as this team can use some talent and his passing ability, but then its the same thing all over with team bringing in past players on verge of retirement. Tootoo is a pest, finishes his checks, will drop the gloves, but should he get a spot over somebody like a Boucher?
More worried that Lou will sign these guys to multi-year deals with an NTC than anything. I can probably live with a 1 year contact, low cost.

Goalie, its Cory's year. Didn't care for Clemmensen, but he will be on bench most of season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another reason why I like this lineup, add a top notch player to this lineup and it is stacked. What is preventing us from pulling off a Kovy type trade this year? The past 2 or 3 years we had to be cautious with the first round pick debacle, this year we can trade a pick, we have some prospects that are on the verge of being NHLers, we have plenty of cap space opening up after this year. If we're in it and need a top line guy there is no reason that can't happen.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tootoo looks like he's getting signed and Gomez will be hanging around as a practice player until a roster spot opens up.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the lineup is that slow. We don't have a ton of burners but with the exception of Zubs/Clowe everyone on there is at least a decent skater. Ruutu provides some pop as well. It's really not a bad lineup.

Henrique, Gionta and maybe Ryder are your "burners" IMO.... Camm maybe too but I have to see it obviously...

Everyone is a good skater don't get me wrong but I'm not holding my breath for the others to be chasing down anyone or breaking away.

We'll see how it goes, obviously I want the best but I survived last year only to see minimal improvements offensively...

Brunner can be fast but gets useless more times than none with the puck lol...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another reason why I like this lineup, add a top notch player to this lineup and it is stacked. What is preventing us from pulling off a Kovy type trade this year? The past 2 or 3 years we had to be cautious with the first round pick debacle, this year we can trade a pick, we have some prospects that are on the verge of being NHLers, we have plenty of cap space opening up after this year. If we're in it and need a top line guy there is no reason that can't happen.

this could be very true. We do have a lot of players with big profiles so a trade could be possible...(still hoping for Kane!!!)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boucher looked good with Henrique and especially Ryder.... no love for Reid??? COME ON!!! lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the old get older...and slower....and less skill

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BzYzT4rCIAA0u6k.jpg:medium