• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Lineup

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see Tootoo as a Clarkson replacement. He's a much better skater than Clarkson also. Its funny that the Devils get Tootoo for 10x less than Toronto got Clarkson for.

I don't really get the slower idea. Camel, Havlat, Tootoo, and even Gomez are all good, fast skaters.

I'm mostly looking forward to watching this defense though. I may have a heart attack watching 4 rookies/1st year pros play but they will definitely make the offense better.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Tootoo as a Clarkson replacement. He's a much better skater than Clarkson also. Its funny that the Devils get Tootoo for 10x less than Toronto got Clarkson for.

I don't really get the slower idea. Camel, Havlat, Tootoo, and even Gomez are all good, fast skaters.

I'm mostly looking forward to watching this defense though. I may have a heart attack watching 4 rookies/1st year pros play but they will definitely make the offense better.

because it's baseless. Also the D as a whole is much quicker than a year or two ago even with Salvador. If he sits they are MUCH faster

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not even talking about the defense I'm 1000000% fine with all rookies back there hell I don't care if they are the worst defense in the nhl it's going to be a learning year.

Sorry but salvation for offense isn't coming in the forms of too too havlat go,ex or camaleri. keep getting older that's why we missed the playoffs last year. We were too young!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing I'm most concerned about is the PK. Volch, Fanye, Salvador and Greene were huge parts and now obviously half of that group is gone. Merrill better be in beast mode.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like our forwards are almost even more important on the PK. Guys like Zubrus, Henrique, Elias, Zajac etc. are all huge factors in the PK. Zajac and Zubrus just take up so much ice space and Henrique can be such a pest. I have faith the PK will remain top notch.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rumors are that Eric Staal will be available this season. He's under contract through next season @ 8.25. Would you want him? I'm assuming it would take a quality NHLer, a prospect or 2 and a higher end pick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to make a powerplay move for Kane TBH...

right now, super early to Staal trade comments just because as a fan, I need more sample size to see where our team needs improvement etc...

although speed jumps out to me, easily.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
because it's baseless. Also the D as a whole is much quicker than a year or two ago even with Salvador. If he sits they are MUCH faster

Hold on a minute, it's not baseless. This season it's not as bad/obvious because Camel, and Havlat are good skaters.

However, Bernier, Volch, Larsson (overall, didn't really play last year), Ryder, Clowe, Jagr, were by no means fast.

Insert Salvador (Faster than you think), Merrill, Severson, Gelly, Camel, Havlat and your team speed just shot up significantly.

I've noticed we're holding the puck A LOT more this season crossing the blueline. That has to be Pete adjusting from not having Kovy, Parise, Clarkson going in after those dumps.

We're definitely faster than last season, when we were slow.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the rumors are that Eric Staal will be available this season. He's under contract through next season @ 8.25. Would you want him? I'm assuming it would take a quality NHLer, a prospect or 2 and a higher end pick.

Eric Staal still has a ton to contribute on a good team.

Obviously a package for him would start with Larsson, Boucher, +.

I just wish we could trade Larsson for a younger asset.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larsson to trade, sounds good to me...

but don't touch Boucher!!!!

unless for SUPERstar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt want Staal at that price. He's 30 soon and just not worth it anymore. Plus we'd have to give up prospects? No thanks.

If we were getting the 2009 version then hell yeah sign me up..but he's nowhere near that player. Just getting older and now dealing with injuries the last couple seasons.

I'd guess the team across the river that overpays for players will have no problem trading their amazing young talent for him though.

I honestly think if we were gonna trade Larsson it could land us something better than Staal.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Staal, not at his age and condition no more. Pass please.

I think if we want top value for Larsson, he should be playing, not standing in a suit. Right now his trade value isn't too good. Play him if the goal is to trade him.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Larsson to trade, sounds good to me...

but don't touch Boucher!!!!

unless for SUPERstar

What do you think is so special about Boucher? All I see is a 1 way ticket to DeBoer's doghouse. I can't see him picking up the system any time soon. Sure, Gelinas is sticking around despite his problems but Boucher would have to go 100% in shootouts to match Gelinas' importance.