• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Lineup

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
did Jon Merrill get in the game? There is no way Petey Jr should hold a defense spot over him.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah there are

goal scoring
youth
speed
skiill

They probably do need speed, but I think they got a solid team for the game. I actually see the Devils as an underrated team going into this season. Really the only thing that stopped them from getting into the playoffs last season was shootouts. Who knows tho, they are sort of a wildcard team :noidea:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordin Tootoo apparently being invited to camp? Is Lou already anticipating injuries to Havlat, Clowe, Josefson, Jagr?

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still on the fence as to what we will have as far as a season will go. I cant decide if I want to get center ice this year to watch my devils play. Last year was the first year I didn't get it in a long time because I knew it would be a tough year to watch. And lets be honest, everyone knows if we made the playoffs somehow we would be one and done... no way we could have hung with any of the playoff teams last year. Not the way we were playing.... this year could be different, although I am having a hard time seeing how... we really haven't changed much at all... I am just hoping that they just play better and do something with this team we have. Also hoping that the change in goalie will be a good thing for the team and start getting some more wins.... Cant wait for the season to start... I am still not sold on getting center ice though.... Think I should??

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats a tough one vort. thats a big chunk of change to watch a team fight for 8th place. if put in the same spot as you i'm not sure what i would do. i live in jersey and i've grown up watching the devils from oct-apr its like tradition if i had to pay a lot to watch them i probably would but i could make an argument for not spending the money too.

when kovy and zach were here i recorded all the games something i never did. just incase kovy or zach scored some type of highlight goal i wanted to check it out even last year i watched most of the games because i wanted to see 1.marty's last season 2. how cory did. now that is pretty much done with why tune in and watch a team fight for 8th place? watch a bunch of 30 year olds grind out for 2-1 hockey games?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends, I'm actually debating getting Center Ice just because I love hockey (I'm also splitting it with someone). There are a lot of teams that I'd love to watch play and rarely get the chance. So if you're getting it strictly for the Devils that's a bit tougher. You could probably find ways to stream but that's not always the greatest option.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Camm-Zajac-Jagr
Henrique-Elias-Clowe
Ryder-Zubrus-Havlat
Ruutu-JJ-Brunner

Ext: Gio, Bernier

this is going to be the devils lineup opening night unless someone gets hurt.

all the players that are invited on these tryouts are just a waste. give it to young unproven talent that worse case we can send to albany and who knows in a years time can contribute to the team. there is ZERO benefit to bringing in tootoo/ruslan/gomez/kaberle. people will say to "push" players? push who? so ruslan pushes ruutu out of a lineup spot? is the team any freaking better? its like lou is deliberately holding back on youth.

adding more of these old bastards just increases the likelihood of one of them getting signed.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well where were these guys for our camp in 2006?!?!?!? :( we would've been an all star team

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious, are these advanced stats guys? Could loading up on these vets be the work of the analytics department?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm curious, are these advanced stats guys? Could loading up on these vets be the work of the analytics department?

thats a good question

another question i have is what qualifications does this former poker pro have for this job?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keep in mind the following everyone: You need to have a certain number of Veterans in every single pre-season game. I believe it's a total # of NHL games played last season or something like that. This will enable guys like Jagr and Elias to not play as much during the pre-season which is totally fine with me.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keep in mind the following everyone: You need to have a certain number of Veterans in every single pre-season game. I believe it's a total # of NHL games played last season or something like that. This will enable guys like Jagr and Elias to not play as much during the pre-season which is totally fine with me.

That doesn't make any sense. The entire roster last year played in the nhl so the entire squad is eligible to play. I never knew of this rule so I looked it up. Minimum the devils have to dress to meet the requirement is dressing 8 vets either on d or forward. Vet is considered if you played 30 games last year. So much for that theory.

The devils could easily rest their "stars" and still field young rookies and give them tryouts

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That doesn't make any sense. The entire roster last year played in the nhl so the entire squad is eligible to play. I never knew of this rule so I looked it up. Minimum the devils have to dress to meet the requirement is dressing 8 vets either on d or forward. Vet is considered if you played 30 games last year. So much for that theory.

The devils could easily rest their "stars" and still field young rookies and give them tryouts

I just read that too. I thought the games played total was higher, but your right they shouldn't have any issues. Either way, I'm not expecting any of these guys to get signed unless we trade at least two currently signed forwards. If we do that I would expect Gomez to be the most likely signing because he MIGHT be able to contribute as a 3rd line center if they decide JJ is a bust.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ryder or Brunner can't crack the top 6 I don't think they fit well on the bottom 2 lines, I could see them being dealt.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Ryder or Brunner can't crack the top 6 I don't think they fit well on the bottom 2 lines, I could see them being dealt.

they aren't going to get dealt. esp not at the start of the season when whoever gets them would have to pay their full salary. maybe at the deadline they get dealt but i doubt it. would there be much interest in 2 guys who can't fit into a teams top 6 who is among the worst in offense?

brunner unless he lights it up this season is going to sign in the khl next year book it.

ryder will end up in edmonton or something like that

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils' 2014 training camp roster - Fire & Ice

GOALTENDERS

1 Keith Kinkaid
31 Scott Wedgewood