• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ot: Wacha Wacha Wacha

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cakesw, This dude is going to be an "ACE".

This is no flash in the pan guy like Bud Smith's no hitter.

Loses a no hitter with 2 outs in the 9th in his last start and
in a crucial game 4 elimination contest, Wacha comes out
and pitches a no-no thru 7 innings? :yahoo:

I've never seen a guy look so similar to Adam Wainright.
Look at the delivery, the stance, the pitches, the composure.
All from a guy 1 year removed from Texas A&M? Theres a video of
his action yesterday. Amazing stuff from this kid.

Thanks Albert!! We allow Pujols to jettison in free agency and receive the
Halos 1st rd draft pick in 2012.

Who do we select with the #19 selection?

None other than our future ACE, Michael Wacha!

MLB.com Gameday | MLB.com: Gameday

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what he was talking about. Funny.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahhah... that was for me guys !

But yes....

The hardest part for me is that as a fan of the Arizona Cardinals AND the St. Louis Cardinals...

I'm at complete POLAR opposites in terms of what to expect from a team...

With the Arizona Cardinals, I deal in inept front office decisions, heartbreaking losses on the field, unbelievably hard luck, and mostly indigestion from one of the poorer franchises in Professional Sports History...

With the St. Louis Cardinals I deal mostly with unbelievable front office decisions, thrilling wins and Championships, Post Season Baseball virtually every season, from one of the crown jewel franchises in Professional sports.

St. Louis Future looks AMAZING...

Just look at last night...

Wacha Dominant, Martinez setting up, and then Trevor Rosenthal... and that was just ONE game...

Shelby Miller, Martinez and Wacha might be as good a young trio as you will see in MLB... and the bullpen is loaded as well, and there are young hitters coming up the pike as well...

Good to be a St. Louis Cardinals fan.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahhah... that was for me guys !

But yes....

The hardest part for me is that as a fan of the Arizona Cardinals AND the St. Louis Cardinals...

I'm at complete POLAR opposites in terms of what to expect from a team...

With the Arizona Cardinals, I deal in inept front office decisions, heartbreaking losses on the field, unbelievably hard luck, and mostly indigestion from one of the poorer franchises in Professional Sports History...

With the St. Louis Cardinals I deal mostly with unbelievable front office decisions, thrilling wins and Championships, Post Season Baseball virtually every season, from one of the crown jewel franchises in Professional sports.

St. Louis Future looks AMAZING...

Just look at last night...

Wacha Dominant, Martinez setting up, and then Trevor Rosenthal... and that was just ONE game...

Shelby Miller, Martinez and Wacha might be as good a young trio as you will see in MLB... and the bullpen is loaded as well, and there are young hitters coming up the pike as well...

Good to be a St. Louis Cardinals fan.

Sorry Zona fans to post here but I wasn't sure how to get in touch with cakesw. :yo:

We toss out 3 pitchers that are 23 years old or younger in an elimination playoff game on the road?

:yahoo: :omg: :smokin:

We miss Craig right now as he is so clutch, so while my confidence comes from being a STL
Cardinal fan believing we'll win, I have reservations about the O. Waino needs to be dealing
pocket rockets for the Cards.

There's a fun story about the similarly aged Wacha and Miller when both were high schoolers in Texas. Wacha was signing at T&M and Miller showed up on campus and Wacha knew
of Shelby from Texas papers, etc. They knew who the other pitchers were in the Texas hotbed.
Wacha was shootin' the chit with Shelby and was like, what are you doing here. You're going to the show and will sign. Shelby was just on a fun college party tour so they hung out.

Wacha sticks with A&M for 4 years, Miller signs with STL and they meet 5 years later in STL.
I'm not so sure Wacha doesn't end up being a more dominate pitcher. He has that Chris Carpenter
and Waino competitive focus.

We need to scratch out 3 runs for a 3-2 victory. I don't see us scoring more than 3 but we
can :hope:

A Dodger / STL playoff would take me back to my memories of 1985 when Jack "the ripper" Clark jacked that 3 run 9th inning bomb off Niedenfuer with 1st base open to send STL to the series.

:suds:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't forget " go crazy folks, go crazy. "

Sucks. Right at the very end for a micro second, you can see Jack's home run.

I grew up with Jack Buck. Nobody was better!! Enjoy the :24

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Gotta' love You tube. I wish they showed the replay
of Clark's 3 run bomb because I laughed so hard watching
Pedro Guerroro throw his glove to the ground.

Plus, you don't get to see Clark point into the Cards dugout
as if to say, that's why I'm the clean up hitter and you
brought me here. Still..... Great memories...

Last edited by a moderator:

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to the mid 80's... there have been SO many legendary October HR's in Playoff games for the Cardinals... I'm not even sure how I'd rank them...

The Ozzie Smith HR in the 85 NLCS...

The Jack Clark HR in the 85 NLCS...

The Pujols HR vs. Brad Lidge

The David Freese HR in Game 6 - 2011

And there were more....

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to the mid 80's... there have been SO many legendary October HR's in Playoff games for the Cardinals... I'm not even sure how I'd rank them...

The Ozzie Smith HR in the 85 NLCS...

The Jack Clark HR in the 85 NLCS...

The Pujols HR vs. Brad Lidge

The David Freese HR in Game 6 - 2011

And there were more....

David Freese is #1 in my book. His 2011 WS was ridiculous.

My favorite squad was the 1985 team and maybe because I was in St. Louis that summer but really....

HOF the Wizard at short, arguably the best CF ever in STL and MVP with a .353 avg in 85 in Willie McGee, Herr who had 100+ RBI w/ less than double digit HR's which hasn't happened in how long? 50 years?, Vince Coleman the thief with 100+ SB's, a great bullpen and a starting staff of 18+ winners for Cox, Andujar and Tudor. Oh, and the only long ball threat clean up hitter in Jack the ripper.

They didn't win it because of Coleman's tarp injury, Denkinger's call and the fact that homefield advantage alternated year to year and the AL received it in odd seasons. Probably would have won the Series in '85 and '87 had it been reversed.

STL has had dominate teams the past 90 years, but my fave of all time was the 1985 version with Jack Buck making the calls.

And that's a winner.... :suds:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iFLz5XRlKkPMG.gif

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo: Sorry Arizona fans for jamming your board with Baseball stuff but it's for your brethren, cakes.

Wacha

Wacha

Wacha

Oi

Oi

Oi :suds: :suds: :suds:

PUNTOsitdown_medium.gif

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:exploding::exploding::exploding:

I was hoping STL could win 1 of the first 2 games, hoping. Dodgers tossing out 2 Cy Young award
winners in Greinke and Kershaw, making $38 Million between the 2 while STL is countering with
2 rookies making $900 Thousand. 2 Cy Youngs vs 2 rookies? WTF? Surprised.

Wanna see a reliever throwin' gas on a fire in a pressure packed situation? Rosenthal @ 101 !

101_medium.gif

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to watch baseball after seeing what Dusty Baker did to a very talented Reds team again. I'm surprised the Dodgers can't score off of the Cardinals though because these pitchers aren't that good.

I don't like any of the teams remaining so I will root for the Cardinals. Not the best team talent wise but they know how to play winning baseball and that's what counts.

Whoever wins this series may win the World Series because the big hitters being the Red Sox and Tigers seem to struggle with National League pitching.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to watch baseball after seeing what Dusty Baker did to a very talented Reds team again. I'm surprised the Dodgers can't score off of the Cardinals though because these pitchers aren't that good.

I don't like any of the teams remaining so I will root for the Cardinals. Not the best team talent wise but they know how to play winning baseball and that's what counts.

Whoever wins this series may win the World Series because the big hitters being the Red Sox and Tigers seem to struggle with National League pitching.

I'm not going to deny that but STL has more talent than the Reds.

I told cakes that LA would go to the W.S. on Espn boards in early July when they got Greinke and Kershaw going. 2 Cy Young award winners.

The Dodgers have a $220 million payroll. STL is low 100's and #14.

They have more talent, especially since our best and most clutch hitter, Allen Craig is injured.

I'm proud of STL and the heart they show year after year. Lose Pujols, Lose Carpenter, Lose 40+ save closer Motte, Jaime Garcia. I'm not even sure how STL is up 3-2 vs LA.

Go St. Louis.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals ALWAYS show heart... it's what they do...

Hell, the 2011 team was TOTAL heart... How many comebacks did they have ???

For the Cardinals, it's truly the name on the Front of the jersey as opposed to the name on the back, that is why they are probably the crown jewel of Baseball Organizatins right now.

No Pujols, No LaRussa ??? - No Matter...

They've never failed to reach the NLCS without both of them... and Pujols and his Angels have yet to appear since he signed there, despite their 200 Million dollar Payroll.

Cardinals won the 2011 Series without Adam Wainwright...

Cardinals won the Division this year without Chris Carpenter...

Name on the Front of the Jersey....

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W A C H A :yahoo:

As prognosticating, this 22 yo, one year removed from pitching
at Texas A&M, is going to be carrying STL to future W.S. as
stud ace of the staff.

Go STL !

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wacha was impressive tonight! This kid is definitely not a flash in the pan! Better hold onto this stud!

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals ALWAYS show heart... it's what they do...

Hell, the 2011 team was TOTAL heart... How many comebacks did they have ???

For the Cardinals, it's truly the name on the Front of the jersey as opposed to the name on the back, that is why they are probably the crown jewel of Baseball Organizatins right now.

No Pujols, No LaRussa ??? - No Matter...

They've never failed to reach the NLCS without both of them... and Pujols and his Angels have yet to appear since he signed there, despite their 200 Million dollar Payroll.

Cardinals won the 2011 Series without Adam Wainwright...

Cardinals won the Division this year without Chris Carpenter...

Name on the Front of the Jersey....

I can't disagree at all with this. They play the game the way it was meant to be played. Thgey do the little things other teams don't. They also have a good manager and excellent coaches.

As for the Reds they have the talent but just absolutely pathetic coaching and managing. Only Dusty Baker would start a guy who hardly pitched this year in a one game playoff. On a positive note for the Reds they are good at everything else but he ownership made a giant good giving this team to Dusty.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cakesw,

What's your take on the World Series? Detroit partially gave the ALCS away with their non-fundamental critical errors, base running mistakes and not having the right matchups vs BoSox hitters late in the game.

Give BoSox credit. They hit 2 clutch Grand Slams to steal the series when they were down in late innings. I'm glad we don't face Verlander and Scherzer or even Fister and Sanchez. BoSox plays baseball like STL, so it should be an exciting and strategic W.S.

I like our chances. Lester / Bucholtz / Lackey / Peavy all have nice arms but compared to Kershaw, Greinke, not so sure or even that potential Verlander and Scherzer.

BoSox lineup is very top heavy, too and will be limited in games at Busch, removing Ortiz.

How do you see the series? Waino in game 1 on Wed, Wacha in game 2 on Thurs.
Do you see Lynn or Kelly in game 3 with the other in game 4? It's paramount if the series would go 7.
Waino in game 5 on Monday. Assuming a game 6, it's Wacha in the clincher on Wednesday.

Since we don't have Bob Gibson pitching games 1, 4 and 7, I'm unsure of the outcome if it goes 7 games. Ironically, the 1967 W.S. win over BoSox had the identical 7 game schedule. Wed, Thurs in Boston, Sat, Sun, Mon in St. Lou and back to Boston for Wednesday and Thursday. Gibby twice pitched on 3 days rest for games 4 and 7. I believe he hit a homer over the green monster in game 7. What are the odds of having the identical days and home/away schedule in 1967 and 2013 vs the same squad?

Let me know what you see as the keys to the series when you have time. I'm curious.

I'm going STL in 6 games.