• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Corrupted iPod.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go up to half total of a new iPod, but I'm a millionaire. ;)

I don't know. That's probably my real limit. A billionaire is too difficult to get to.

Thanks. Sounds reasonable.

Are you taking into account that I already purchased another portable media player, or just the cost of repairing this iPod?

For example, does the half total of a new iPod consist of both my purchase of a new media player, and repairing the old iPod? In other words, cost of Fuze+ AND cost of repairing iPod Video <= (1/2) new Ipod Classic 160GB, or new iPod Touch 32GB.

Or does it not matter whether I purchased a new media player, only the cost of the repairing the new iPod is considered?

In other words, cost of repairing iPod Video <= (1/2) new Ipod Classic 160GB, or new iPod Touch 32GB.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go up to half total of a new iPod, but I'm a millionaire. ;)

I don't know. That's probably my real limit. A billionaire is too difficult to get to.

I don't think being a millionaire is that big of a deal anymore.

My male friend once said he'd consider sleeping with a male for $1M.

His brother and I looked at him, and we both agreed that $1M was too low. We both agreed that that money would go quickly.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Sounds reasonable.

Are you taking into account that I already purchased another portable media player, or just the cost of repairing this iPod?

For example, does the half total of a new iPod consist of both my purchase of a new media player, and repairing the old iPod? In other words, cost of Fuze+ AND cost of repairing iPod Video <= (1/2) new Ipod Classic 160GB, or new iPod Touch 32GB.

Or does it not matter whether I purchased a new media player, only the cost of the repairing the new iPod is considered?

In other words, cost of repairing iPod Video <= (1/2) new Ipod Classic 160GB, or new iPod Touch 32GB.

I meant everything in total. But if you're still thinking about it when it is more than half, I would get it. Can you use the hard drive for different purpose or sell it if you don't use it for the MP3? Is the repair you are thinking about going to use the new hard drive? Or is the hard drive a waste because it doesn't work for it now and if you get the iPod repaired you won't use it?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think being a millionaire is that big of a deal anymore.

My male friend once said he'd consider sleeping with a male for $1M.

His brother and I looked at him, and we both agreed that $1M was too low. We both agreed that that money would go quickly.

Relatively speaking, of course. But if I were a millionaire, I'd be thinking a little less about the cost of an iPod than I would if it weren't. Also, a millionaire can have more than 1 million.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant everything in total. But if you're still thinking about it when it is more than half, I would get it. Can you use the hard drive for different purpose or sell it if you don't use it for the MP3? Is the repair you are thinking about going to use the new hard drive? Or is the hard drive a waste because it doesn't work for it now and if you get the iPod repaired you won't use it?

I don't know what the problem is, so I don't know what the repair could be. Hopefully it's not a new hard drive, as the one I ordered was new and should be working.

I don't know if the hard drive is a waste since I can't verify if it works. Hopefully the diagnostic service shop can do that.

If I get the iPod repaired and the problem wasn't the hard drive, then I can use it.

I meant everything in total. But if you're still thinking about it when it is more than half, I would get it.

Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relatively speaking, of course. But if I were a millionaire, I'd be thinking a little less about the cost of an iPod than I would if it weren't.

I'd still be thinking about how it would go in a few years due to housing costs. Even when buying a house.

Also, a millionaire can have more than 1 million.

True. But I was thinking what if it were only $1M. Then that goes quickly.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ordered a 64GB memory card, that I plan to use for the Fuze+, Sunday night / Monday morning.

But after I paid, eBay said they had to remove the listing. I called them just a few minutes ago, and they said listings are removed because either the seller violated the Terms of Policy, or that they're not allowed to sell that item.

I don't know if the seller will still ship the item. I emailed the seller to ask him. I hope the seller still does. Otherwise, I hope the seller notifies me quickly of a refund, so I can move on and buy another one.

I got the memory card today. I just have to verify it works once I get my Fuze+.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still be thinking about how it would go in a few years due to housing costs. Even when buying a house.

True. But I was thinking what if it were only $1M. Then that goes quickly.

Depends on how and when s/he made the money and the likelihood of making more. If one earned it, chances are they were either frugal, old and unlikely to spend, or smart enough to sell an idea, develop a product, or market himself. If so, he'll manage the money well. If he made the money after he purchased his home, that would be one chunk of change he wouldn't need to spend.

Now, if one were to win a lottery, sure, it could go fast but that is more due to the intelligence if the lottery winner than the amount of money being low. You blow a million dollars fast with no chance of making real money, you are doing something wrong. BTW, if it is used for something you can resell near purchase price like a home, I don't consider that money gone or blown.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like answering the question on sleeping with a male, but I do think 1M would last a long time. Is saving it, investing it, and budgeting considered cheating?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how and when s/he made the money and the likelihood of making more. If one earned it, chances are they were either frugal, old and unlikely to spend, or smart enough to sell an idea, develop a product, or market himself. If so, he'll manage the money well. If he made the money after he purchased his home, that would be one chunk of change he wouldn't need to spend.

Now, if one were to win a lottery, sure, it could go fast but that is more due to the intelligence if the lottery winner than the amount of money being low. You blow a million dollars fast with no chance of making real money, you are doing something wrong. BTW, if it is used for something you can resell near purchase price like a home, I don't consider that money gone or blown.

I don't consider it blown either, but it does make one's assets less liquid, right? That's the part that concerns me.

It can be managed well, but less available to manage.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like answering the question on sleeping with a male, but I do think 1M would last a long time. Is saving it, investing it, and budgeting considered cheating?

No.

I think $3M could fulfill the combination of both going towards a home purchase, and having enough left over for investing and budgeting.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I think $3M could fulfill the combination of both going towards a home purchase, and having enough left over for investing and budgeting.

$3M tax free, or after taxes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 million is enough. It isn't what it used to be but I couldn't say, "yeah, I need three in order to feel comfortable." I'd buy a 400-500K home, save 100K for living, and invest the rest.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 million is enough. It isn't what it used to be but I couldn't say, "yeah, I need three in order to feel comfortable." I'd buy a 400-500K home, save 100K for living, and invest the rest.

I guess there's a difference in where we live.

Here, $500K gets you a modest two-bedroom condo, not a full fledged house.

$800-900K can get you some decent houses, but still might not be great.

Ok, looked it up, here's some data on median prices. It's cheaper in Alameda County. And Contra Costa County.

But given these prices, I still don't feel comfortable with $1M. Not enough to save and invest afterward.

++++++++++++++++

20140514_063317_ssjm0515housing90-01_500.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess there's a difference in where we live.

Here, $500K gets you a modest two-bedroom condo, not a full fledged house.

$800-900K can get you some decent houses, but still might not be great.

Ok, looked it up, here's some data on median prices. It's cheaper in Alameda County. And Contra Costa County.

But given these prices, I still don't feel comfortable with $1M. Not enough to save and invest afterward.

++++++++++++++++

20140514_063317_ssjm0515housing90-01_500.jpg

Sleep once with a man and 1M is not enough? I assume you don't have to see him again, don't get prosecuted for prostitution, he doesn't have an STD, etc. I either wouldn't do it at all for any price or 1M is enough. If I could grin and bear it, no pun intended for a billion, I probably could for a million. If I couldn't, I couldn't. The cost is the same and the money is sufficient without hurting others.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sleep once with a man and 1M is not enough? I assume you don't have to see him again, don't get prosecuted for prostitution, he doesn't have an STD, etc. I either wouldn't do it at all for any price or 1M is enough. If I could grin and bear it, no pun intended for a billion, I probably could for a million. If I couldn't, I couldn't. The cost is the same and the money is sufficient without hurting others.

I wasn't considering the sleeping with a man part in my most recent post, just the thought of $1M post-tax or tax-free dollars, with respect to housing prices.

Thanks for your continued thoughts on these topics.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people hate the Fuze+'s touch pad, and wish they still had the scroll wheel from the regular Fuze.

I'm having trouble telling it what language to select. I can scroll the different languages fine, but once I get to "English", I am swiping and pressing the PLAY button, and nothing happens.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, this is much better after installing Rock Box.

Now to see if it can recognize my formatted 64GB memory card.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this means it has correctly recognized my 64 GB card. This is what it shows after I put the card in the Fuze+, and connected the Fuze+ to the PC. It identifies them as two drives, F: and G:.

The MSD (in the 2nd pic) should mean the capacity of my micro SD card.

I still get an error that my card isn't a FAT32 card when I try with the original firmware, but if I can't even select the language properly with the original firmware, I doubt I'll be using it.

ftKUFz7.png

16iegt3.jpg

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the reflection.