• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad there was at least a final 4 or one of the hottest teams in college football would have been left out and we would have seen Alabama cake walk over FSU for the National Championship.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong about tOSU as well, and I owe the rest of the Big Ten apologies as well

Why the Big Ten apology? They went 5-6 in bowl games. And one was the "gift" the Bears presented em.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me the teams that run the spread offense for some reason can't play defense i.e. Oregon and Baylor. I see know reason for it. Opinions please.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me the teams that run the spread offense for some reason can't play defense i.e. Oregon and Baylor. I see know reason for it. Opinions please.

They run spread on purpose DT. Their offense is their strength. In games where Oregon scored more than 30 Mariota was undefeated. Games where they were held to less than 30 and Mariota was winless.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of that has to do with the fact the offense has the ball a short amount of time regardless if they score or not so the other team has more opportunities and the defense may be out on the field a lot.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys follow recruiting, but what do you guys think of the Kyler Murray story going on lately. The Longhorns are trying to steal him from the aggies. Every chance they get, the horns go after A&M. I think it's funny because the two schools don't play anymore.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys follow recruiting, but what do you guys think of the Kyler Murray story going on lately. The Longhorns are trying to steal him from the aggies. Every chance they get, the horns go after A&M. I think it's funny because the two schools don't play anymore.

Steal? They've continued to recruit him, if that's what you mean.

And continuing to recruit one of the top QB's in the nation this year has absolutely nothing to do with the Horns going after A&M.

Paranoid much?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steal? They've continued to recruit him, if that's what you mean.

And continuing to recruit one of the top QB's in the nation this year has absolutely nothing to do with the Horns going after A&M.

Paranoid much?

Aggie gonna aggie.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggie gonna aggie.

I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in College Station. But I wouldn't be shocked if he went to Texas either.

18 year old guys do some rather strange things somethings. Plus, he may think he can walk into a starter position in Austin without much debate. Same may not be true for the Aggies.

But as you well know, that Aggie blood runs long and deep.

And I can tell you this, if I were a kid and I'd narrowed it down to those two, I'd certainly rather play for Sumlin than Strong.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if he didn't end up in College Station. But I wouldn't be shocked if he went to Texas either.

18 year old guys do some rather strange things somethings. Plus, he may think he can walk into a starter position in Austin without much debate. Same may not be true for the Aggies.

But as you well know, that Aggie blood runs long and deep.

And I can tell you this, if I were a kid and I'd narrowed it down to those two, I'd certainly rather play for Sumlin than Strong.

Are you kidding me? I'd play for strong all day and twice on Sunday. And if I'm a parent, I want my kid playing for strong. I know he holds his players accountable.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? I'd play for strong all day and twice on Sunday. And if I'm a parent, I want my kid playing for strong. I know he holds his players accountable.

Wasn't a knock on Strong as much as a plus for Sumlin. Probably should have stated such.

Sumlin is no slouch in the "holding people accountable" department either. Charlie made the big splash this year, b/c he had too. Texas had turned into a country club atmosphere.

I fear Strong may have a little too much Bobby Knight in him though. But the jury is out on this for another year, maybe two.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a knock on Strong as much as a plus for Sumlin. Probably should have stated such.

Sumlin is no slouch in the "holding people accountable" department either. Charlie made the big splash this year, b/c he had too. Texas had turned into a country club atmosphere.

I fear Strong may have a little too much Bobby Knight in him though. But the jury is out on this for another year, maybe two.

Sumlin gave us Johnny Football. Your argument is invalid.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will be bad next year. Regardless of the recruiting class they pull, Mack left them in bad bad shape.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin gave us Johnny Football. Your argument is invalid.

One player doesn't invalidate anything.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Mack Brown, Bob Stoops, Gary Patterson, etc wouldn't have put up with his antics.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romeo....this was on the Bleacher Report this morning re: teams which are happy to have 2014 behind them.

You won't find many more disappointing seasons than the one put together by the 2014 Oklahoma Sooners. After starting out in the preseason Top Five of both the AP and Coaches Polls, the team finished outside the rankings altogether at the conclusion of bowl season.

The reason for the drop was an 8-5 campaign that, truth be told, was close to being 10-3 or even 11-2. After starting out 4-0, the Sooners lost by four at TCU and fell to Kansas State by a single point two weeks later. Baylor was the team that finally dropped the hammer, however, winning 48-14 in Norman. A collapse on the final week of the regular season to Oklahoma State put the nail in the coffin.

Still, there was an opportunity to salvage something out of the rough year against Clemson in bowl season, but the Tigers won 40-6 against a Sooners team that wouldn't have beaten Kansas that day. It was a forgettable season for one of college football's blue bloods, and Oklahoma should enter 2015 with a chip on its shoulder and not as one of the preseason favorites to make the playoff.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas will be bad next year. Regardless of the recruiting class they pull, Mack left them in bad bad shape.

Not sure of your definition of "bad" but if a coach gets a team to play with discipline he can get more out of a team of average players. I think the improvement has already started in defense and will continue to do so. He still needs a QB because the one they had last year just does not cut it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to take Strong at least one more season to fix that offense.