• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching? If so, who are you watching? What games are you looking forward to?

So glad that college football is back. I look forward to the LSU and TCU game tonight. I have a thing for teams that wear purple. My division 3 alma mater wore purple.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you watching? If so, who are you watching? What games are you looking forward to?

So glad that college football is back. I look forward to the LSU and TCU game tonight. I have a thing for teams that wear purple. My division 3 alma mater wore purple.
Texas Tech and SMU last night...the freshman walk on looked good!
I have the Aggies on right now...don't care about it except to see Manziel....I'm sure we havent heard the end of that story...

Tonight during the Ranger game - Alabama/Va Tech then the big one around these parts - Georgia/Clemson

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't view either college or pro football until after the World Series. Couple of years recently TEX was in contention longer than DAL. So it avoids a lot of wasted time and emotion. TEX requires all the emotion you got as it is.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched my Cougs off and on beat up on Southern while doing the same with our Rangers last night. Got the Rice at A&M game on now. Would love to see Rice pull off the upset, but I know it's not happening. Very bitter sweet the past couple of years to have seen what former UH head coaches Sumlin and Briles have accomplished in their new jobs.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record...Manziel can get bent. What an immature piece of trash. He better hope no one sets out to hurt him. He's being a super douche for no reason.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record...Manziel can get bent. What an immature piece of trash. He better hope no one sets out to hurt him. He's being a super douche for no reason.

:agree: Gawd I hope someone knocks his ass into next Wed and soon! The Aggies gave up 500 yds to Rice today. If they had been playing any decent offensive team they would have got beat.

And ya know, I thought this kid was special and a great story last season. Now I can't stand the sight of him.

Go Vols

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Gawd I hope someone knocks his ass into next Wed and soon! The Aggies gave up 500 yds to Rice today. If they had been playing any decent offensive team they would have got beat.

And ya know, I thought this kid was special and a great story last season. Now I can't stand the sight of him.

Go Vols
I don't claim any Division 1 schools. In fact I've always disliked both TAMU and UT for the most part. He makes them so unlikable. He's just a selfish douche. You don't point at the scoreboard when you are beating Rice. You ignore them and walk away. Being 20 isn't an excuse.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Vols
With all due respect to our Aggie buddies on this post...Manziel needs to grow up....a lot. His antics today will make him a marked man in the SEC. And nobody his buying the story that he did not receive something for all those autograph sessions...as I said earlier, we haven't heard the last on this...

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Vols
So Donaldson, when somebody says "UT" to you, which do you think of, Texas or Tenn??

Here in Atl, when I hear "UT" or "Tech", I'm immediately thinking of Texas or Texas Tech, but they're speaking of Tennessee or Ga Tech...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think the NCAA is willing to let it go. I don't think it should be against the rules to sign your name for money, because no one else can own your name but you. However his handling of the situation is deplorable. You don't continue to bring attention to yourself unless you think you are untouchable. He better keep his head on a swivel.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think the NCAA is willing to let it go. I don't think it should be against the rules to sign your name for money, because no one else can own your name but you. However his handling of the situation is deplorable. You don't continue to bring attention to yourself unless you think you are untouchable. He better keep his head on a swivel.
I agree completely, but it is the rules now, and several others including UGA and Ohio St players have sat out several games in prior years. But he definitely needs to take the high road, not pull the crap he did today

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I really need to answer this?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Donaldson, when somebody says "UT" to you, which do you think of, Texas or Tenn??

Here in Atl, when I hear "UT" or "Tech", I'm immediately thinking of Texas or Texas Tech, but they're speaking of Tennessee or Ga Tech...

I'm Big Orange (ala Volunteers all the way). Been in Texas for 30 years, but still a Tennessee fan.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Conceptually I agree. Reality is, recruiting gets even more corrupt than it is now - if this is possible. Imagine some booster, showing up at some high school and saying, "yeah kid, go to my U and I'll give you $50K for all the T-shirts you wanna sign." Think someone like Phil Knight at Oregon wouldn't have a field day? I know where you're coming from. But it's the old puerperal "slippery slope" situation. I've got a lot more questions than answers to this question for sure.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have got their normal line-up in tonight, with AJ catching and Martin leading off. Now, if we can get a strong outing from Garza we should get back on the winning track tonight. But we sure let one slip threw our hands last night.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Tennessee fans around here are rabid...man, they love their Vols...

Yeah overall, the school has a terrific fan base. Especially now that Derrick Dooley is coaching TE's in Dallas. hahaha

Incidentally, nice win at SMU. I really thought the Mustangs had a pretty good chance. But alas, young Cliff may be just what your doctor ordered. That would be a terrific national story if this plays out.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah overall, the school has a terrific fan base. Especially now that Derrick Dooley is coaching TE's in Dallas. hahaha

Incidentally, nice win at SMU. I really thought the Mustangs had a pretty good chance. But alas, young Cliff may be just what your doctor ordered. That would be a terrific national story if this plays out.
Yeh thanks. A little worried about a 33 year old running the program, but we needed a change. Tuberville was going nowhere. We had a walk-on freshman QB starting but he actually looked pretty good, 400 yards passing and 5 TD's...that's not too bad!!! Could be a long year for us in the Big 12 though...

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeh thanks. A little worried about a 33 year old running the program, but we needed a change. Tuberville was going nowhere. We had a walk-on freshman QB starting but he actually looked pretty good, 400 yards passing and 5 TD's...that's not too bad!!! Could be a long year for us in the Big 12 though...

It probably will be a long year. But if you think "tha Kingster" is the right man, then go with it. And you're right, Tuberville was never a good fit. Good coach I think, but just not a good situation for him and a terrible fit for Lubbock.

I actually see some similarities between the Vols/Raiders this season. (1) It's gonna be a long season (2) We latched our futures to coaches outta their sphere - at least a little - and we'll see (3) The fan base, alumni, former players, are energized. The Vols have been on fire with recruiting. How's that phase going with Tech?