• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably will be a long year. But if you think "tha Kingster" is the right man, then go with it. And you're right, Tuberville was never a good fit. Good coach I think, but just not a good situation for him and a terrible fit for Lubbock.

I actually see some similarities between the Vols/Raiders this season. (1) It's gonna be a long season (2) We latched our futures to coaches outta their sphere - at least a little - and we'll see (3) The fan base, alumni, former players, are energized. The Vols have been on fire with recruiting. How's that phase going with Tech?
Needs improvement there. We always struggle with recruiting when competing against Texas, A&M, and OU. But you know that problem as well. When a program has a few down years like we've had, the recruiting gets much harder. Kliff will have how work cut out for him...

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Gawd I hope someone knocks his ass into next Wed and soon! The Aggies gave up 500 yds to Rice today. If they had been playing any decent offensive team they would have got beat.

And ya know, I thought this kid was special and a great story last season. Now I can't stand the sight of him.

Go Vols

6 defensive starters suspended today, lots of rookies playing b/c of this

All things considered, not as bad as many might think

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to our Aggie buddies on this post...Manziel needs to grow up....a lot. His antics today will make him a marked man in the SEC. And nobody his buying the story that he did not receive something for all those autograph sessions...as I said earlier, we haven't heard the last on this...

The NCAA has said this is over barring any future developments,

I believe the guy that follows Manziel around, "Uncle" Nate, is the one who set up the autograph session and is the one who pocketed the cash, and not to say he isnt sharing... point is if they were aware of the rules and they can't actually tie the money to Manziel then its pretty much a closed case

I am also tired of Manziel's antics and he truly needs to get a grip, but the Rice players aren't blameless in this, they were running their mouths just as much as Manziel, so to lay this all at his feet is just foolish

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also tired of Manziel's antics and he truly needs to get a grip, but the Rice players aren't blameless in this, they were running their mouths just as much as Manziel, so to lay this all at his feet is just foolish

He better get used to guys doing extra jawing. If he cannot handle it, he's gonna be in for a LONG season.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has said this is over barring any future developments,

I believe the guy that follows Manziel around, "Uncle" Nate, is the one who set up the autograph session and is the one who pocketed the cash, and not to say he isnt sharing... point is if they were aware of the rules and they can't actually tie the money to Manziel then its pretty much a closed case

This is only going to get worse as he moves into the SEC, he's going to have to rise above it, and now That these other teams see how he behaved today, it will only be harder on him...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bob can turn them into a contender again. They really have fallen.

He will. There's some great talent on this team. Was at the game tonight.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is only going to get worse as he moves into the SEC, he's going to have to rise above it, and now That these other teams see how he behaved today, it will only be harder on him...

Agreed, but to lay it all on one person as being immature is short-sided and bogus

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but to lay it all on one person as being immature is short-sided and bogus
That's the price of being who he is. You cannot use the excuse that "so and so did it first." There are teams full of those kind of guys that try to agitate and get you going in football. Manziel is going to run into his share of Cortland Finnegans this year. It's up to him to ignore it and play football. I think that remains to be seen at this point.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the price of being who he is. You cannot use the excuse that "so and so did it first." There are teams full of those kind of guys that try to agitate and get you going in football. Manziel is going to run into his share of Cortland Finnegans this year. It's up to him to ignore it and play football. I think that remains to be seen at this point.

think the Alabama game will be one of the most watched games of the season? The Tide has mayhem on theirs minds for Johnny already.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree, but to ignore the Finnegan's of the world and condone their behavior is also wrong.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree, but to ignore the Finnegan's of the world and condone their behavior is also wrong.
It's never about who starts it in football. The guy who does something last gets popped for the penalty. I doesn't matter what the stupid defensive back said to Manziel, you don't point at the scoreboard. That's not condoning any behavior.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never about who starts it in football. The guy who does something last gets popped for the penalty. I doesn't matter what the stupid defensive back said to Manziel, you don't point at the scoreboard. That's not condoning any behavior.

I guess my point is its all being blamed on Manziel on ESPN and yet its obvious in several of the replays that defenders are doing the pen signing motion and running their mouths, its not like they aren't being obvious about it, yet the referees do nothing? and then all espn has to report about is that Manziel is the one being immature, thats bogus to me, and by not doing anything to the defenders they are condoning their behavior

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't you Aggies just admit this guy is a class A douche bag.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't you Aggies just admit this guy is a class A douche bag.

I did, and have many times

I just think the press this all gets is ridiculous, its not a news story if a QB gets a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

I also think its ridiculous to allow other players to blatantly taunt and nothing happens, and when Manziel reacts its suddenly a big deal

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some of CFB on tv last night but went to the North Texas/Idaho game as NT is my alma mater and it was hot as balls a fun game and atmosphere. Lot of good games on TV though yesterday.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point is its all being blamed on Manziel on ESPN and yet its obvious in several of the replays that defenders are doing the pen signing motion and running their mouths, its not like they aren't being obvious about it, yet the referees do nothing? and then all espn has to report about is that Manziel is the one being immature, thats bogus to me, and by not doing anything to the defenders they are condoning their behavior
He made it about him when he didn't walk away from the guys jawing at him. That's just how it is. No one cares about random scrubs from Rice, so why is he talking anything they say to him personally? Be mentally tough and ignore it. Or continue to be on sports center being blasted.