• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds Kyler Murray is drafted in the first round and opts to play major league baseball instead of heading to TAMU?

Thought I saw somewhere that he was projected to go second round next year and would probably opt to play baseball then. Don't remember where I read it now, though.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaldson, your Vols had another damn nice recruiting class.

Yes sir, they sure did. And got a ton of help in the DL in-particular.

With what we've added, I think we can compete - notice I didn't say beat - everyone on our schedule. Last season, we were simply out-manned a few times; especially by your Sooners and Bama.

It's gonna make next season fun I think.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I saw somewhere that he was projected to go second round next year and would probably opt to play baseball then. Don't remember where I read it now, though.

Earlier I read something that could have him going in the first round even. First round money signing bonus and less of a chance of dying at the age of 60 because concussions turned your brain to goop. (The story about TD is heartbreaking by the way.) If that happens he may just go the safer route, unless he just loves playing QB more than anything in this world. Then again look at Joe Mauer. He elected to play baseball and his career has taken a turn for the worse with all his injuries.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With what we've added, I think we can compete - notice I didn't say beat - everyone on our schedule. Last season, we were simply out-manned a few times; especially by your Sooners and Bama.

I hope so. The SEC East hasn't been to competitive the last few years. Would be something to see The Vols and Vandy start competing at a high level in football.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds Kyler Murray is drafted in the first round and opts to play major league baseball instead of heading to TAMU?

I don't think he does, and I'm not that worried about it

But you never know til it happens, we'll find out when it happens

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our only chance to beat you in Neyland is to out score you. We just lost the coach of the only good aspect of pur defense.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier I read something that could have him going in the first round even. First round money signing bonus and less of a chance of dying at the age of 60 because concussions turned your brain to goop. (The story about TD is heartbreaking by the way.) If that happens he may just go the safer route, unless he just loves playing QB more than anything in this world. Then again look at Joe Mauer. He elected to play baseball and his career has taken a turn for the worse with all his injuries.

Or Morneau, though he's rebounded in recent year but no where near where he was before concussions

Who's TD? Only one that comes to mind is Terrell Davis

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can tell you what my choice would be, with the guaranteed contracts and signing bonuses. Yeah that Tony Dorsett story almost had me in crocodile tears. He was one of the first Cowboys I really was able to follow closely. I'm a baseball guy though and some folks really love football, so I guess one might choose that route if they really loved playing QB

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Morneau, though he's rebounded in recent year but no where near where he was before concussions

Tony Dorsett

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you what my choice would be, with the guaranteed contracts and signing bonuses. Yeah that Tony Dorsett story almost had me in crocodile tears. He was one of the first Cowboys I really was able to follow closely. I'm a baseball guy though and some folks really love football, so I guess one might choose that route if they really loved playing QB

He seems pretty determined to hit the field here, unlike Kohl Stewart who never really got involved with the team

I've seen Kyler Murray in town a couple times in the last few weeks, hanging out and bonding with future teammates

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Morneau is a good example as well. I just chose Mauer because he too was such a hot QB commodity but eventually chose baseball despite signing a letter of intent.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems pretty determined to hit the field here, unlike Kohl Stewart who never really got involved with the team

I've seen Kyler Murray in town a couple times in the last few weeks, hanging out and bonding with future teammates

Well I wish them all good health whichever sport they choose

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our only chance to beat you in Neyland is to out score you. We just lost the coach of the only good aspect of pur defense.

I just saw that. What's that all about anyway?

My Vols should be considerably deeper on both lines. But honestly, unless we get some help from the freshman/Juco players on the O-line, offensively we're gonna struggle. Our OL was absolutely horrid last year. But we signed two studs and have a good Juco guy too. So we'll see.