• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Barrie was scratched v NYR. After watching him last year and this, not really sure where he fits. He was used by NSH as PP2 and was meh. Maybe with a stronger offensive team, he might be able to show his talent. Defensively he was marginal at best.

Fortunately we can afford to eat some of his cap hit, no one would touch him and his $4.5M contract. But even at half that #, a Good team will need to move salary to fit him in. Should be easy to trade, but I don’t see NSH taking back a bad multi year contact. So nooooooo, not for Reaves.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only hint I will provide is that he clashed with Harold Ballard...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if enough people are talking about the LA Kings this season, they just beat Colorado 4-1 earlier tonight and are a very impressive 14-4-3 on the season.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if enough people are talking about the LA Kings this season, they just beat Colorado 4-1 earlier tonight and are a very impressive 14-4-3 on the season.

9-0-0 on the road. One of 2 teams with 4 reg losses, and one of only 4 teams with 5 or fewer reg losses. Impressive start, to be sure.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... all that impressiveness goes away as they lost to the Penguins at home. :D

Seriously they are very impressive so far.
Never would have thought the Kings would be a top goal scoring team in the league with 81 goals so far in 21 games played.
Their GFA is actually higher than the Canucks at 3.85 vs 3.84.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... all that impressiveness goes away as they lost to the Penguins at home. :D

Seriously they are very impressive so far.
Never would have thought the Kings would be a top goal scoring team in the league with 81 goals so far in 21 games played.
Their GFA is actually higher than the Canucks at 3.85 vs 3.84.
I've seen about 400 tweets/articles/etc about the Kings being underrated in the last month. Kings are underrated posts are now overrated.

Not sure Talbot can keep up his .930 sv% either but while he does the Kings should stay pretty hot. Trevor Moore gets better every year it seems (add him to the list of solid wingers the Leafs flushed down the toilet who would look great in their top 6 right now). Byfield's doing what he can to show the Kings were right not to have taken the German dive star ahead of him. Kopitar doesn't age. Doughty's held his own as well.

Should be noted however that PLD still looks crappy and they overpaid both in trade and in cap hit on him.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen about 400 tweets/articles/etc about the Kings being underrated in the last month. Kings are underrated posts are now overrated.

Not sure Talbot can keep up his .930 sv% either but while he does the Kings should stay pretty hot. Trevor Moore gets better every year it seems (add him to the list of solid wingers the Leafs flushed down the toilet who would look great in their top 6 right now). Byfield's doing what he can to show the Kings were right not to have taken the German dive star ahead of him. Kopitar doesn't age. Doughty's held his own as well.

Should be noted however that PLD still looks crappy and they overpaid both in trade and in cap hit on him.
Very true none of it is sustainable as none of the metrics on this team proves they are a top scoring team and that Talbot is a great goalie.

Moore, Kopitar and Grundstrom are scoring at paces they never have done before.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true none of it is sustainable as none of the metrics on this team proves they are a top scoring team and that Talbot is a great goalie.
And while Blake's been creative I don't know that there's much else to do to get more scoring. They really blew their wad on PLD.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought they had made a mistake by not retaining Korpi.

I was wrong

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while Blake's been creative I don't know that there's much else to do to get more scoring. They really blew their wad on PLD.
Also they are spending nothing on goaltending that is playing over their heads. If they need a replacement at some point they will need LTIR cap space to fill that void.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they are spending nothing on goaltending that is playing over their heads. If they need a replacement at some point they will need LTIR cap space to fill that void.
They are spending almost the same for Ivan Provorov to play for us as they are on goaltending.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...between Provorov and Mike Richards they are spending more. :D

KRuOKCd.gif