• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread - Part Brock and Roll Four Lines

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that should cover Nino's contract. :D

Yes sir - I'm just not a fan of the player and do we really expect him to improve going forward? BBB's point is valid though, if you can get somebody to agree to play in Winnipeg, you shove the papers in front of him lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conroy should bring Tyson Barrie to the Flames in order to help out the PP this season and then move him at the trade deadline for additional picks. He needs to be an agent of chaos lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conroy should bring Tyson Barrie to the Flames in order to help out the PP this season and then move him at the trade deadline for additional picks. He needs to be an agent of chaos lol

Yes, yes he should.

OK I just stared and stared at the Flames NHL lineup. I am having trouble seeing a trade here. Unless you want to send us Tanev just to annoy the Leafs.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes he should.

OK I just stared and stared at the Flames NHL lineup. I am having trouble seeing a trade here. Unless you want to send us Tanev just to annoy the Leafs.

I was half-joking about Barrie, but at least Conroy got the wheels in motion with the Zadorov trade.

giphy.gif

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Tyson Barrie has been a model employee/teammate for the Preds. Heck, he and Cody Glass (injured) went and did a local meet and greet last night while the team is on the road.

Its just not working for him this year. People want to crap on his lack of offensive output but to be fair, the PP2 he is saddled with is abysmal.

I hope he and the team can find a landing spot for him. In the right situation, he will do well. Nashville just aint it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Barrie is one point shy of 500 for his career. He's put together a very solid NHL career and based on his wedding this past summer in Victoria, he seems to be a very well liked teammate as well.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyson Barrie is one point shy of 500 for his career. He's put together a very solid NHL career and based on his wedding this past summer in Victoria, he seems to be a very well liked teammate as well.

The milestone reminded me of another one earlier this year. Ryan O'Reilly hit 1,000 games after playing his 9th game with the Preds. It was a road game, and as is hockey tradition, when the team got back home, they recognized the milestone with the usual highlight reel, interviews with former teammates, family on the ice, silver stick, etc.

All of which confused Mrs BGD, and probably most of the casual NSH fans. Although she appreciated the milestone, she was struggling with the idea that Nashville was honoring him. I mean he just got here and we are recognizing his long career? And as a "fiscally prudent" person, she asked "why do WE have to pay for the silver stick???"

Having said that, he is her new favorite player now that Borowiecki is retired. Dude is only 32 and I thought he had a lot of tough miles put on his tires. I was wrong, he is still a force out there. Or should I say, a "Factor"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kochetkov just allowed 3 goals on 6 shots against the Oil. Raanta’s got an .859 sv%.

Carolina may need a goalie worse than Edmonton at the moment.