• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh, Mr. Sterling

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, didn't mean to double post. But I guess it's worth laughing at Toby twice.

A "bid" is not a "buy", mein freund. The will have to prove Sterling mentally incompetent first. If he is smart though he'll take the 2 billion for his 12 million investment.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clips will be the Sonics soon. No way Ballmer shares the LA market always under the Lakers shadow. Ballmer wants his own gig his way. Microsoft fraternity Ballmer (Sonics) and Allen (Blazers) controlling the entire North West of the country all to themselves. Hey Griffin, CP3... how does the green and yellow Sonics uniforms look on you now? Sterling is laughing how everybody in this mess is getting screwed.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "bid" is not a "buy", mein freund. The will have to prove Sterling mentally incompetent first. If he is smart though he'll take the 2 billion for his 12 million investment.

So which is it, Captain Wrongster? Is he smart (selling like we all said he would) or a dumdum like you (going to keep the team until he dies) as you said you were 'betting' upthread:

"I'm betting that Silver ends up with egg on his face though and the Clippers will not change hands until Sterling's death."

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clips will be the Sonics soon. No way Ballmer shares the LA market always under the Lakers shadow. Ballmer wants his own gig his way. Microsoft fraternity Ballmer (Sonics) and Allen (Blazers) controlling the entire North West of the country all to themselves. Hey Griffin, CP3... how does the green and yellow Sonics uniforms look on you now? Sterling is laughing how everybody in this mess is getting screwed.

Who's getting screwed exactly here? If indeed they end up in Seattle (not a sure thing, they still need an arena, and the NBA won't let it happen right away in any case), that's a good thing, Seattle got screwed when their team left. Does LA really need/care about the Clippers? Even Sterling is probably realizing how much money he made getting taped being a racist.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Nice try with the semantics. The process has moved well past the "bid." Mr. Sterling is out of the picture altogether. Got anything else?

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is it, Captain Wrongster? Is he smart (selling like we all said he would) or a dumdum like you (going to keep the team until he dies) as you said you were 'betting' upthread:

"I'm betting that Silver ends up with egg on his face though and the Clippers will not change hands until Sterling's death."

Banned Clippers owner Donald Sterling to sue NBA for $1 billion in damages | The Point Forward - SI.com

When will you learn that I am just plain smarter than you.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's getting screwed exactly here? If indeed they end up in Seattle (not a sure thing, they still need an arena, and the NBA won't let it happen right away in any case), that's a good thing, Seattle got screwed when their team left. Does LA really need/care about the Clippers? Even Sterling is probably realizing how much money he made getting taped being a racist.

Ya, they'll probably use the same strategy they used to prevent the Clippers from moving to L.A......Oh wait......

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The milwaukee bucks just sold for 550 million. The only way the clippers are worth 2 billion is if the forum comes with the team. This is just stupid money.

The "heirs" of this trust are gonna have to pay 600 million in taxes, more than the Bucks were just sold for.

There might be other owners starting to put their white hoods on in public for this kind of profit.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he really did want a team in seattle, but after losing on the pistons and bucks, he had to pay big money in a public humiliation case to get a team.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Did you even read the article that you yourself posted? I'm talking about the sale.

Blecher also clarified that this lawsuit has nothing to do with the pending sale of the Clippers, though he told Yahoo! Sports that separate action regarding the sale was being considered.

A lawsuit for the sale might be considered, but right now the sale is well under way.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try with the semantics. The process has moved well past the "bid." Mr. Sterling is out of the picture altogether. Got anything else?

LOL! I wouldn't put it past that old fox to be getting the sale price of 2 billion and pretending like he has been shut out of the sale so that he can sure the NBA for a billion and be able to pay the capital gain tax with it. You can sense the panic in the NBA leadership now rushing to accept this bid because they gotta know their case will never stand up in court if it gets that far. This is really gonna get interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read the article that you yourself posted? I'm talking about the sale.

A lawsuit for the sale might be considered, but right now the sale is well under way.

Yes, and my link clearly shows that this sale is not even close to a done deal. Having said that, I would not be surprised if that sly old fox really wants the sale and is not onl going to get his 2 bil, but is going to make the NBA give him another Bil.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Anyhoo, you totally dodged the question you flip-flopping POS. Is Sterling 'smart' (your word) and selling, or will you win your bet about the team staying his until he dies (your words)?

So much crap from you, and zero integrity.

Uh oh. Somebody's getting angry. Time to move on to another subject.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3