• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh, Mr. Sterling

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling Attends Services at Black Church; 'Stand up brother Sterling, we're going to give you a round of applause'
Sterling Raises Eyebrows By Attending Services At Predominately Black Church In South LA « CBS Los Angeles

CLAIM: V Stiviano Brutally Beaten Up In NYC; Called N Word By Group Of Assailants
Donald Sterling?s Gal Pal V Stiviano Brutally Beaten Up In New York City, Her Lawyer Claims ? Called The ?N Word? By Group Of Assailants | Radar Online

"Instant karma's gonna get you.........."

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone should be embarrassed it is you; to be hoodwinked so easily by a supposed Sterling press release. I, on the other hand, immediately saw through the ruse. You cannot trust anything a guy like Sterling says on the surface.

Hopefully the NBA is not as dumb as you and continues on with its process. I'm betting that Silver ends up with egg on his face though and the Clippers will not change hands until Sterling's death. His case, under California law, is simply too strong.

Donald Sterling feels 'fabulous,' is ready to move on - ESPN Los Angeles

:laugh3:

How much did you bet?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 billion in your pocket will do that for ya. But we shall see.

I'm sorry, I didn't catch your answer. How much did you wager on that bet you lost?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I didn't catch your answer. How much did you wager on that bet you lost?

I didn't lose anything or lose a bet. Who would have thought someone would have been dumb enough to pay 2 billion for this team? You can't blame Sterling for changing his mind. Poor NBA comes out of this looking like saps.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Sterling's Lawyer "Blecher tells ESPN Sterling 'agrees to sell and drop lawsuit; NBA agrees to drop charges and not sue him for anything'"

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't lose anything or lose a bet. Who would have thought someone would have been dumb enough to pay 2 billion for this team? You can't blame Sterling for changing his mind. Poor NBA comes out of this looking like saps.

I LOVE it! More wrongness...I can keep this up as long as you can.

Ballmer's not dumb, he's a billionaire who can easily afford it, who made a 'buy it now' offer and now has a toy to show off to other billionaires. He'll move them to Seattle and probably get elected governor of WA for it. Then in 20 years he'll sell it for $4 billion.

And how are the NBA saps here? They won this on every possible dimension: Sterling is out, a super rich new owner just bought in (the teams get some nice franchise transfer fees), they have a very plausible way to make up to Seattle, Silver looks like a rock star who did everything he said he was going to do...

Actually there are no losers in this scenario, not even Sterling.

Oh wait, sorry, there is one. TobyTyler,wrong as usual. :clap: :laugh3: :clap:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ballmer's not dumb, he's a billionaire who can easily afford it, who made a 'buy it now' offer and now has a toy to show off to other billionaires. He'll move them to Seattle and probably get elected governor of WA for it. Then in 20 years he'll sell it for $4 billion.

And how are the NBA saps here? They won this on every possible dimension: Sterling is out, a super rich new owner just bought in (the teams get some nice franchise transfer fees), they have a very plausible way to make up to Seattle, Silver looks like a rock star who did everything he said he was going to do...

I don't think he'll move them to Seattle. Most of the valuation of the franchise has to do with it's location and market. Especially with the Lakers sucking and Kobe Bryant almost out of the NBA, the Clips could take over as the new team in LA. Merchandising, TV contracts, endorsements...the sky is the limit. If Ballmer had intentions of taking a team to Seattle, the best thing to do would have been to spend a fraction of the 2 Billion on another team.

For Seattle, it would be in the best interest of everyone involved to take a smaller market team that isn't fairing as well and move them to Seattle. The Bucks would have been ideal, but seems unlikely with their recent purchase.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he'll move them to Seattle. Most of the valuation of the franchise has to do with it's location and market. Especially with the Lakers sucking and Kobe Bryant almost out of the NBA, the Clips could take over as the new team in LA. Merchandising, TV contracts, endorsements...the sky is the limit. If Ballmer had intentions of taking a team to Seattle, the best thing to do would have been to spend a fraction of the 2 Billion on another team.

For Seattle, it would be in the best interest of everyone involved to take a smaller market team that isn't fairing as well and move them to Seattle. The Bucks would have been ideal, but seems unlikely with their recent purchase.

That's the thing though, the Clippers are possibly the ideal team to move because they are second banana in a 2 team city (and let's face it, even with Kobe gone they will bring in others and get good again). It's not really screwing LA over to move them. But if you move any other team you do to that city what they did to Seattle. And like you said, Milwaukee was maybe a candidate but no more. Sacramento the same. Who's left to move? Charlotte? Orlando? New Orleans? Not likely... LA is the guilt free way the NBA fixes things for Seattle.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing though, the Clippers are possibly the ideal team to move because they are second banana in a 2 team city (and let's face it, even with Kobe gone they will bring in others and get good again). It's not really screwing LA over to move them. But if you move any other team you do to that city what they did to Seattle. And like you said, Milwaukee was maybe a candidate but no more. Sacramento the same. Who's left to move? Charlotte? Orlando? New Orleans? Not likely... LA is the guilt free way the NBA fixes things for Seattle.

I see your point, but my argument was more in the interim. There will be no immediate plans to move them because of their recent success and the decline in the Lakers/Kobe. Who's to say what happens 10-15 years down the road.

At this point, it would be insane for him to even think about moving the Clips. The Lakers will always have their draw, but this is a prime time for the Clippers to try and take over as THE team in LA. They will be contenders easily for the next 4-5 years. They already have a ton of national exposure, they have their two franchise players (Blake and CP3) locked up for a few years, and they have had a huge increase in fan base the last 3 years. There would be no need to abandon that any time soon.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but my argument was more in the interim. There will be no immediate plans to move them because of their recent success and the decline in the Lakers/Kobe. Who's to say what happens 10-15 years down the road.

At this point, it would be insane for him to even think about moving the Clips. The Lakers will always have their draw, but this is a prime time for the Clippers to try and take over as THE team in LA. They will be contenders easily for the next 4-5 years. They already have a ton of national exposure, they have their two franchise players (Blake and CP3) locked up for a few years, and they have had a huge increase in fan base the last 3 years. There would be no need to abandon that any time soon.

Fair enough, and I agree it's not a good move to make right away, and the NBA wouldn't allow it right away. But in 5-6 years it's a good bet to happen.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially Sterling. But Silver still looks like a disingenuous tool. You are wroing as usual that Silver did everything he said he would do.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially Sterling. But Silver still looks like a disingenuous tool. You are wroing as usual that Silver did everything he said he would do.

Look, it's well established that almost everything you assert is wrong. There's no room for debate, it's all here for all of us to see.

So, if you'd like to slightly alter that image, you might want to try listing the things Silver said he'd do that didn't happen.

This whole thing has been a win win win (I forgot the other winners, the US and CA Treasuries with their capital gains windfall) for everyone including Silver. Which as usual is the opposite of what you asserted. The dude has already got everyone thinking 'David Stern? Who was that?'. Adam Silver is like the anti-TobyTyler: correct, respected, on point, classy.

The only losers here are Billy Crystal and the other 8 die-hard Clippers fans, who will likely see the team moved in a few years. And even that's not a lock.