• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL OFF SEASON THREAD ( 2017 )

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar will not be headed west.

LOS ANGELES -- In the hunt for a second baseman and a leadoff man, the Dodgers found both in Logan Forsythe, whom they acquired Monday from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for highly regarded pitching prospect Jose De Leon.
Shame. Wouldn't mind us making that trade. Hope we have a good use for Profar here. And not necessarily at first base.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to act on Profar. Find a position for him or trade him. Way to much talent to waste as a UIF.
Let him raise his value back at Round Rock if they think any trade for him wasn't up to snuff. The silence out of this off season deafening.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him raise his value back at Round Rock if they think any trade for him wasn't up to snuff. The silence out of this off season deafening.
Why not because finding him a position is not likely. If Beltre should go down to injury he could be available to fill in there. Hopefully that does not happen but AB is getting older.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers need Nomar Mazara to improve and Shin-Soo Choo to earn his money next season dlvr.it/NBqHyB

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shin-Soo Choo to earn his money next season

You seem to take it personal that he's been hurt. Do you think he wants to be injured?

And he may never solid again. And he's going to be 35 during next season and injures don't usually get better with age. But I certainly believe he wants to play and play well.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to take it personal that he's been hurt. Do you think he wants to be injured?

And he may never solid again. And he's going to be 35 during next season and injures don't usually get better with age. But I certainly believe he wants to play and play well.
That's just the title of the article. It was a straight copy and paste job from a tweet I received. Just passing it along.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I read something from Newy Scruggs over the past couple of days where he said the Rangers payroll was at the $161 million mark already and that meant they would not have anything significant left to spend. He referenced a website that showed payroll, but the site had all of Prince's money as being owed. It is thought that insurance would cover half of that so the site is $9 million off. It also included some guys like Dillon Gee who are on minor league contracts so I am not sure if they are guaranteed.

Texas Rangers 2017 Salaries Payroll

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I read something from Newy Scruggs over the past couple of days where he said the Rangers payroll was at the $161 million mark already and that meant they would not have anything significant left to spend. He referenced a website that showed payroll, but the site had all of Prince's money as being owed. It is thought that insurance would cover half of that so the site is $9 million off. It also included some guys like Dillon Gee who are on minor league contracts so I am not sure if they are guaranteed.

Texas Rangers 2017 Salaries Payroll
Unless they have some pen money stashed we probably won't see much action.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported than Diekman had successful stomach surgery today.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diekman had his colon removed. Wow.

Good heavens! Can someone with more knowledge than me, clue us on what this means for this young man's short term career and long term life please?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good heavens! Can someone with more knowledge than me, clue us on what this means for this young man's short term career and long term life please?

From what I've read, assuming the procedures are successful, his quality of life should actually improve to a certain degree.

Performing at the major league level is something else entirely. His body will have to heal and adapt on a basic level to what is more or less a rewiring of his digestive system, then he will have to see if he can manage the physical stress of being a professional athlete. Not impossible, but not a guarantee either.