• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Paige is a quack but you gotta love his enthusiasm. If all of his predictions for the season came true, Denver would have put together one of the best seasons in the history of the NFL. I'm honestly pretty unsettled for this coming year. There are just too many question marks in my opinion. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Broncos make it back to the Superbowl but I'd be pretty surprised. There are 2 primary areas of concern (mystery) as I try to predict where we're headed. 1) Peyton + Kubiak = ? 2) Broncos in the trenches.

Well, it's time to unveil the answers. Camp in 4 days! Go Broncos!

MH64

I have certainly worried about both of those. Maybe it's just Woody's homer enthusiasm, but I actually found his piece persuasive.

Didn't include them in the excerpt that I posted, but I actually thought his comments about the o-line were pretty encouraging.

As always, of course, I am less than an unbiased reader.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have certainly worried about both of those. Maybe it's just Woody's homer enthusiasm, but I actually found his piece persuasive.

Didn't include them in the excerpt that I posted, but I actually thought his comments about the o-line were pretty encouraging.

As always, of course, I am less than an unbiased reader.

Aren't we all?!!

If our offensive line has a great year, we could make it to the big dance. For once, I hope Woody's right!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite back from vacation but saw the Wolfe suspension and man tired of every year having to fear this kind of crap. While Wolfe is not a game changer he is definitely a solid guy. Really need Antonio Smith to get cleared so we still have some depth. Also gives Anunike a great chance to make the roster.

Also so glad finally football is being played on the field! Rookies have reported! Shane Ray says he is 100% so should be full participant. Also Sambrailo said he and most of the OL players instead of taking a vacation stayed at Dove Valley and worked out through most of the break! To me that is huge news as shows the group knows the rest of the league is looking at them as a huge weakness and they are wanting to prove them wrong.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos are bringing in Jake Long for a visit today. Not sure what this means of whether they view him as another Tackle who can compete and maybe be good quality back up or is this them worrying that Sambrailo won't be ready come time for the season? I'm thinking if they really thought Sambrailo was struggling so much they would be moving Clark over to the LT spot very quickly as he has the experience and even success at starting LT for this team.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DP reports that Antonio Smith is back with the team. Obviously hope that he's not guilty in his legal case and I hope that Denver has done its due diligence. Assuming that is all true, this could be huge for the Broncos, particularly in light of Wolfe's suspension.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos are bringing in Jake Long for a visit today. Not sure what this means of whether they view him as another Tackle who can compete and maybe be good quality back up or is this them worrying that Sambrailo won't be ready come time for the season? I'm thinking if they really thought Sambrailo was struggling so much they would be moving Clark over to the LT spot very quickly as he has the experience and even success at starting LT for this team.

Interesting. Could be a valuable addition.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Could be a valuable addition.

Can't hurt to at least bring him in and see what he has left. Just give him a non-guaranteed contract and have him compete for a roster spot. If he is healthy and back to his old playing ways then the Broncos have a quality LT with 2 other guys in Sambrailo and Clark that can step in if he gets hurt. If he needs some time then start Sambrailo and if Sambrailo struggles or gets hurt then you still have a quality back up that understands the game better than most at his position.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he just signed on with another team today. Jets or Buffalo maybe?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he just signed on with another team today. Jets or Buffalo maybe?

He visited the Giants if I remember right but left without actually signing a contract so then flew to Denver last night to meet with them today. So far haven't heard anything of interest level on either side.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He visited the Giants if I remember right but left without actually signing a contract so then flew to Denver last night to meet with them today. So far haven't heard anything of interest level on either side.
Yep. Just visits. Not sure how much he would help Denver with his injury history and I kind of feel the guy just doesn't have his heart in the game anymore or if he really ever did at the pro level. To many bad breaks at start of career and big expectations never really materialized , can do that to a guy . Unless he was a bargain signing, I wouldn't chance it for Broncos even though I would welcome some decent vet help on that o.line

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sick and tired of reading about Deflategate. Well, at least we can all agree that training camp is almost here! Finally, something to talk about as everyone gears up for the 2015 NFL season. I'm excited to see how Sambrailo and Shane Ray contribute this year! Looking forward to some camp reports. I'm contemplating attending on some days, as I haven't done that for years. Let's go Peyton, Kubes and the rest of the Broncos squad! Go Broncos!

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Just visits. Not sure how much he would help Denver with his injury history and I kind of feel the guy just doesn't have his heart in the game anymore or if he really ever did at the pro level. To many bad breaks at start of career and big expectations never really materialized , can do that to a guy . Unless he was a bargain signing, I wouldn't chance it for Broncos even though I would welcome some decent vet help on that o.line

Are you sure we are talking about the same guy here? Jake Long from when he came into the league until pretty much 2013 was considered a top-5 LT in this league and was voted All-Pro twice with another 4 Pro Bowls to go with it. Heck PFF in 2013 rated him as the 7th best LT in the league and that was with missing 3 games worth of points. Most likely if he continued with how he played that year he finishes top-5 pretty easily. So if he is healthy I think he would be a tremendous help to this team. It gives us a true veteran on the OL that not only secures one of the tackle spots for us but also then helps set the tone for the younger guys.

I'm actually hoping we have an announcement today that he is signed. The Broncos can make it a very low risk very high reward type deal. They can do it like the Saints did for Champ Bailey of offer very little guaranteed money so if he doesn't have the stuff and gets cut it doesn't really hurt the team. They can give him a very low base salary with escalators built into the contract so that if he stays healthy and plays well he gets paid and if not then the Broncos really don't have a ton of damage done cap wise.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for today beyond the Long situation the players have reported today. Training Camp officially kicks off tomorrow! I have to say as long as this off season has been I am excited by what I have read about the different players on the team. Last year the most we heard was that Manning and the WR's were doing their work. Beyond that we didn't hear too much. This off season though I have heard much more about CJ Anderson actually staying in shape all off season, DeMarcus Ware being in the best shape of his life, the OL actually spending the entire break working out together, Manning actually being in the best shape he has been since he came to Denver, and so on. It does seem like the team is a little more focused this off season towards accomplishing what they want. I also heard of more players actually staying in Denver this off season than any other off season in the last 10 years. We shall see what that actually equates to for this upcoming season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sick and tired of reading about Deflategate. Well, at least we can all agree that training camp is almost here! Finally, something to talk about as everyone gears up for the 2015 NFL season. I'm excited to see how Sambrailo and Shane Ray contribute this year! Looking forward to some camp reports. I'm contemplating attending on some days, as I haven't done that for years. Let's go Peyton, Kubes and the rest of the Broncos squad! Go Broncos!

MH64

Hey MH64 just wanted to let you know I will be at training camp on the 12th of August if you happen to be around. Would love to meet up. Any others thinking about going would love to meet up as well. Anyway just so very very happy that football is back. Like you very tired of Deflategate. This thing has turned into a 3-ring circus and is making the league look like a giant soap opera. Really is taking away from the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few nuggets from today...

Jake Long is not being signed at this time. Looks like the team brought him in to have a physical done but want to see what the young guys have first before signing him. I have heard though he did pass his physical. Most GM's are saying that if he does get signed by a team he will most likely be a RT instead of a LT with where he is in his career now.

Ben Garland is showing he is seriously wanting this Starting job at LG. His daily routine this summer has been get up at 5 a.m. to watch film and study the playbook. He then after a couple of hours doing that will then go and do one of his daily workouts. Essentially he has spent his entire off season training.

Kubiak has said he will be doing the playcalling but that Dennison and Knapp will be involved and of course Manning will still have the right to change the play at the LOS.

Elway said he will evaluate Oswieler at camp then will begin the talks about whether to sign him to a new contract or not.

Some of the best news out of today is that both Brandon Marshall and Trevathan have avoided going on the PUP list. That means they are actually healthy enough to participate in Camp and really good sign they should be full go by the time the season rolls around.

The Broncos new facility has left those in the media in awe today. Some have said this is the best they have seen in the entire league. Looks like the team spared no expense. Heck they even put in an actual bathroom for the fans who will be attending Camp this year. No longer are the days of the porta potties.

Also the Broncos with the new defense will not have anybody playing 45 yards back like they have the last couple of years with Rahim Moore. Defense is expected to be very aggressive as the coaches love the secondary and what they allow the team to do up front.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few other things I have been reading today as they had some media time for the coaches and some of the players...

D. Ware commented on two players he is excited about for this upcoming year. The first, and this is one that Kubiak mentioned by name as well, is that of Kenny Anunike. Ware said everybody was impressed with him at OTA's and can't wait to see what he brings now to camp. The other he mentioned was that of Sly Williams. Ware said that he and other leaders on the defense stayed after him all off season reminding him he is a 1st round pick and that they are expecting him to play like he is a 1st round pick. Said he is very proud of the way Sly handled himself this off season getting ready for the season.

Ware also commented on the ILB position as he loved what Todd Davis and Steven Johnson brought to the table with Trev and Marshall both sitting out. He said now it feels like they have 4 starting ILB's competing for two spots.

Speaking of those two they will be eased back into things to start off camp. They avoided the PUP list but doesn't mean team is going to rush them into things. Same with DT since he missed all of OTA's. Another name mentioned is that of Virgil Green. I guess he actually has an injury right now that will make him limited to start camp. He tweaked his hamstring during OTA's so team will take it easy on him until he is 100%. The last guy that will start on a limited basis is that of Antonio Smith. With him as well missing OTA's the team wants to ease him back into everything.

Also Kubiak has said that he does plan to stick with Manning sitting out every few days to keep him rested for the season but also for Osweiler to get his chance to work with the 1's and show what he can do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp has officially started! Fans started arriving at like 5 a.m. this morning. People are excited to be back at camp and the players have been coming out pumped up to see the thousands who showed up.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what Andrew Mason had to say about the first day of camp: Broncos Training Camp Quick Hits: Day 1

Biggest news is that Malik Jackson strained a calf. Hopefully, of course, that isn't too serious, particularly with Wolfe gone.

Also mentions several times that Miller looked like a beast. Need that for the next 6 months or so.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer. I made post after Tds and it showed up but now ...nada. another masterpiece swept away. I think the Commish is out to get me :) . I prob screwed up again. Don't even remember all the content but it started out with thanks to Cd and Td for the latest info and then I went into my Pulitzer prize writing mode and .....alas! All for naught.