• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off Season Thread

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports today are that the Broncos and DT will not reach an agreement before the July 15th deadline. The two sides are still far apart. Now the question maybe becomes will DT be like Bryant and threaten to hold out even into the season? I really hope not. I think that is one of the worst things a player can do as all that does is cost the player money, fans their respect towards the player, and makes it that much harder to sign that player the next year because of a destroyed relationship.
Once I saw the report on suspected collusion between Denver and Dallas, I figured that meant no deal was going to be completed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I saw the report on suspected collusion between Denver and Dallas, I figured that meant no deal was going to be completed.

At this point don't know what to believe. Read another report that says the Broncos and DT have agreed on a preliminary deal but are still figuring out the small details. Guess just have to wait and see

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a completely unrelated topic....(well, a little related).......President Obama's commuting of 46 prison sentences today included Demaryius Thomas's mother, who has been in jail since he was 11. Maybe the good will of fate will guide DT to get a deal done now!

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a completely unrelated topic....(well, a little related).......President Obama's commuting of 46 prison sentences today included Demaryius Thomas's mother, who has been in jail since he was 11. Maybe the good will of fate will guide DT to get a deal done now!

MH64

I hope so! It could also though take him away from the negotiating table as can't blame him to want to go celebrate with his mom who has been in prison most of his life.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe she will get out of jail that quick.. the last group of commuted sentences took a little over a month to finally be released
I hope so! It could also though take him away from the negotiating table as can't blame him to want to go celebrate with his mom who has been in prison most of his life.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe she will get out of jail that quick.. the last group of commuted sentences took a little over a month to finally be released

Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't know that little detail. Going to be an interesting 24 hours no matter what the circumstances though. Elway has shown an ability to get things done in the final hour and maybe that is what happens here. I really do like DT and having him on our team just hoping Elway doesn't all of a sudden have a brain fart and mortgage the future. He has done so well in my opinion to really try to bring back our Super Bowl style teams.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KUSA - President Obama reached into the justice system Monday and pulled out 46 Americans, offering commutations of their sentences for federal drug crimes.

Among them is the mother of Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.

Katina Smith was sentenced in 2000 for her involvement in a crack cocaine ring. Thomas was just 11 years old at the time of her arrest.

His mother was supposed to get out of prison in 2017. She'll now be heading home this November.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some actual non-DT related Bronco news...

Two guys that have had some major question marks heading into this season posted videos of the work they are doing. One of those being Trevathan. He posted a video showing him running a 4.45 40 on his replaced knee cap.

The other was Brandon Marshall showing a video of him working with his foot and showing no signs of lingering issues within the foot. Both have said they will be ready for the start of camp! Good to hear and really do hope these guys stay healthy. They said that they have been training together just like Von Miller and Chris Harris last year to really push each other harder than they thought they could go. Obviously that worked out pretty well for us last year with Von finishing as one of the top OLB's in all of football and Harris finishing as the top Corner in the league.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would be HUGE for these guys to come back strong !! Defense could carry this team this year

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely good news about Trevathon and Marshall recovering so well. Looks to me as if the competition in camp at LB figures to be pretty fierce.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news also on the DT front in they don't expect he will be that far behind after missing OTA's and Mini-Camp. He said he has the entire playbook already memorized and people who saw him at his recent kids camp he put on said he looks to possibly be in the best shape of his life. Some said he lost just a bit of weight in the off season as he wants to add just a little bit more speed to his game. So good to hear that health wise and at least playbook wise he should be right on track. Now just a matter of getting the timing down and that shouldn't take too long.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolfe suspended 4 games for PEDs.

Dumb, dumb, dumb

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolfe suspended 4 games for PEDs.

Dumb, dumb, dumb

i saw that. I just wish for once we could get through an entire off season with the entire team healthy and in good standing with the league. Our defensive line is already a question mark and now we lose one of the anchors for a quarter of the season. Dumb is right!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did they change the season to 12 games damnit! I'm always out of the loop anymore.:gaah:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should challenge and threaten a lawsuit. That seems to work for Brady. Commisioner Waffler will gladly throw out suspensions.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise that Woody Paige is again predicting a Broncos SB win.

Paige: Denver Broncos on the road to a Super Bowl victory - The Denver Post

Not sure how many years he's predicted we'd win it all, but I know he's done so numerous times. As with pretty much everything Woody writes, there is quite a bit of hyperbole and outright silliness. Still thine there are some interesting passages, however:

"The national community wonders if Manning is too old, can't adjust to a new system and will fail again in his attempt to win a second Super Bowl before he retires at the end of the season.

Manning is not a problem, but a solution. He's unbroken. He's not Jack Benny 39. He's thinner, stronger and more determined and committed than ever. He and Kubiak will thrive together. Manning will break the Brett Favre records and surpass 200 regular- season and postseason victories.

C.J. Anderson will rush for more than 1,500 yards.

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders will combine for more than 200 catches and 3,000 yards.

The defense will finish with 50 turnovers and 50 sacks.

The Broncos will win their division and get the AFC's No. 1 seed."

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw today that HOF game is Aug. 9th?. Man, that just seems early for teams just starting training camp. That's just asking for injuries. I know most starters won't play but some important depth guys could be hurt. IDK, I know it's always around same time but for some reason this yr it surprised me how quick it came. I figured they had it only couple days before 1st pre-season game at latest. Hmnnn,maybe I am mistaken on date. If not, hope Denver never gets one. Anyway, just for the sake of argument :)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise that Woody Paige is again predicting a Broncos SB win.

Paige: Denver Broncos on the road to a Super Bowl victory - The Denver Post

Not sure how many years he's predicted we'd win it all, but I know he's done so numerous times. As with pretty much everything Woody writes, there is quite a bit of hyperbole and outright silliness. Still thine there are some interesting passages, however:

"The national community wonders if Manning is too old, can't adjust to a new system and will fail again in his attempt to win a second Super Bowl before he retires at the end of the season.

Manning is not a problem, but a solution. He's unbroken. He's not Jack Benny 39. He's thinner, stronger and more determined and committed than ever. He and Kubiak will thrive together. Manning will break the Brett Favre records and surpass 200 regular- season and postseason victories.

C.J. Anderson will rush for more than 1,500 yards.

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders will combine for more than 200 catches and 3,000 yards.

The defense will finish with 50 turnovers and 50 sacks.

The Broncos will win their division and get the AFC's No. 1 seed."

Woody Paige is a quack but you gotta love his enthusiasm. If all of his predictions for the season came true, Denver would have put together one of the best seasons in the history of the NFL. I'm honestly pretty unsettled for this coming year. There are just too many question marks in my opinion. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Broncos make it back to the Superbowl but I'd be pretty surprised. There are 2 primary areas of concern (mystery) as I try to predict where we're headed. 1) Peyton + Kubiak = ? 2) Broncos in the trenches.

Well, it's time to unveil the answers. Camp in 4 days! Go Broncos!

MH64