• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oakland Raiders Ongoing Thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Reggie drafts Watkins or Mike Evans?? DANG!! AFC West D-Cords would lose sleep over a lineup of Watkins\Evans.. Jones.. Streater.. DMo.. Holmes, and the raw but great size and speed Butler..
Streater, DMo, Holmes came alive the second half of the season with MCG at QB.. IF the Pro-Bowler Schaub can get his mojo back?? We could have 2 1000 yard WRs!!
Rumors that the Whiners want to trade up to 5?? We could get most of their picks in the DEEPEST draft in years!! Whats great about the NFL is worst to first happens all the time, but ONLY if you have the QB!! We have PROVEN Pro-Bowler Schaub.. Our Season will depend on him.. If he is clicking our power RUN game will be hard to stop!! And that will keep our D fresh.. And that COULD = 10-6..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want Matthews, Robinson, and even Lewan, or one of the QBs, a trade down for a lot of picks in a draft like this would be worth it!! This draft is 3 rounds DEEP!! We could ADD some very good players as well as get Aaron Murray with a lower pick.. Word on the street is the Raiders 5 PICK IS on FIRE!! Hit this draft Reggie!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep throwing out that word Pro Bowler like it means a whole lot in the NFL these days...Now yes Schaub is a decent quarterback but I wouldn't rate him even in the top 15 of the NFL at this point. He can be decent when he has lots of talent around him like he did in Houston but he has shown when the team relies on him to truly go out and win games for them he wasn't that guy. He actually reminds me of Carson Palmer in that sense. Both Pro Bowl quarterbacks but I would say better at racking up stats than actual wins for the season.

I guess my question Idaho is where would you rate Schaub as a quarterback?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd prior to last year Schaub was a top 10 QB year in year out, if last year was a fluke year for him?? And fluke years do happen see Rivers and many others, I don't see why he cant be in the top 10 again..
You say he is like Carson?? Well I will take that.. Look what Carson did with the Cards 10-6..
Prior to Palmer the Cards were a 500 team year in year out.. Crazy what good QB play can do for a team eh??
Unless you have that 2000 Raven nasty D, you NEED good QB play to WIN!! That's what the Raiders and the RaiderNation is hoping for.. IF Schaub plays good we will be in a lot of games..
But cd I would like to cover our backs and draft JM or TB just in case, and even if Schaub balls let the Rookie beat him out.. WIN-WIN..
So cd top 10 if last year was a fluke is were I stand..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd prior to last year Schaub was a top 10 QB year in year out, if last year was a fluke year for him?? And fluke years do happen see Rivers and many others, I don't see why he cant be in the top 10 again..
You say he is like Carson?? Well I will take that.. Look what Carson did with the Cards 10-6..
Prior to Palmer the Cards were a 500 team year in year out.. Crazy what good QB play can do for a team eh??
Unless you have that 2000 Raven nasty D, you NEED good QB play to WIN!! That's what the Raiders and the RaiderNation is hoping for.. IF Schaub plays good we will be in a lot of games..
But cd I would like to cover our backs and draft JM or TB just in case, and even if Schaub balls let the Rookie beat him out.. WIN-WIN..

Very true. People spend too time thinking that CP or now MS aren't good because of the record. These guys aren't MLB pitchers. W/L means nothing, except to talking heads at ESPN. If MS has a good support group on the OL & the D can hold teams under 14 pts. (or so), he should do just fine. The D is key in 2014, in terms of W/L, not QB.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree RaiderZar.. With Schaub all the WRs and RBs we got should be enough for around 24 points or so?? Heck MCG got 24 points a game the second half of the season last year with less talent..
The D is a BIG KEY to our season!! We were pretty good at stopping the RUN last year, it was the pass RUSH that did us in.. Our DTs are back other than Walker, but we got Smith to replace him.. Now you add Tuck, Woodly and CJ Wilson really good solid VETS along with some young hold overs, if these guys can get to the QB our secondary could be really GOOD!! Brown and Rogers are a BIG upgrade over Jenkins and Porter, and DJ Hayden has bulk up and entering his second year, he played good last year but got hurt, he will be better this year NO DOUBT!!
UGH!! I want to draft D!! Trade down get Donald BEAST, then Bucannon ball hawking HARD hitting FS, then Murphy DE to add to out talent!! Then again I want OL, QB of the future, WR.. dang!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of McGloin, reports have it that he is working out with Jeff Garcia, and looking pretty sharp!!
The truth is if you go back and break his game down he is pretty good.. Lightning fast release with a good arm and very smart!! I think most of us just soured on McG CUZ of the Pryor Vs McG saga that did the Fan base in!! I tell you guys what?? There is only 3 QBs in this draft that would give McG a RUN for his money.. JM, TB, Murray.. IMO..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We shall see what happens with Schaub. You are right before this past season he was right in the mix for the top 10 quarterbacks in the league. He definitely was a guy needing a change of scenery as he just got eaten alive this past season.

What I meant by the Carson Palmer comparison is that of a guy who can get you some decent stats and won't always go out and lose you the game but isn't known for going out and winning the game either. Right now Schaub averages just a little over a 4th quarter come back a season. Not horrible but not great either. Anyway this should be a fun year in the AFC West as 3 teams that made the playoffs last year and the 4th spending some decent money to try and get back in the race this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a funny thing that I read that I thought I would add here. Al Davis is a guy that will be remembered for a lot of things. I personally hated him for a long time as before this last decade he kept the Raiders relevant almost every year.

Anyway read this little piece of history posted by Chris Wesseling on twitter...When Al Davis was suing the NFL back in 1982, one of the other owners stationed a parrot trained to say "F*&^ you Al Davis" outside of the annual meeting entrance.

Al Davis always seemed to know how to piss off all those around him.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you cd, Schaub is NOT some great QB.. There is only very few of those kind of QBs in the NFL.. But if Schaub can bounce back?? He is a top 10 QB, and with a strong RUN game and solid D play, The Raiders could WIN some games.. And that's all I want.. Just Win..
Oh and thats a funny story about AL Davis.. And whats crazy about that is?? His fans are just like him, they piss everybody off around them as well.. RIP AL Davis!! Go Raiders!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 baby!! If those silver and black stars are shinning on us just right!!

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 baby!! If those silver and black stars are shinning on us just right!!

10-6 sure has a nice ring to it ID, I'll drink to that, gimme some of that Junior Johnson Moonshine yo.

:suds:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got all the flavored moonshine you could want flaraider, lol.. Me i drink Silver and Black shine all day.. Come and get some bro, as we go on this 10-6 ride we call 2014.. Go Raiders!! All day every day..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's freaking brutal.

SMH.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being very realistic, 7-9 or 8-8 is about the best we can hope for imo.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders massively upgraded on defense.

If they keep games close and protect Schaub, I like their chances to get the first winning season since the SB loss.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site needs more Raider fans....