• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oakland Raiders Ongoing Thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just watching ESPN, and I only really tune in to see Raider News and the FINE babes they have on there!! Anyways that Hodge dude ranks the top 5 players in the draft.. And he has Tre Mason at 5th best ugh!!
There goes my 3rd pick for him.. I think I will Rank the ESPN chicks!! At 1 Idaho picks?? Stay Tuned!!

Last edited by a moderator:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool FlaRaider, lets knock this beech out of the park..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'14 Schedule

Raiders 2014 Regular Season Schedule

Date Time Opponent TV
Sunday, September 7 10:00 am at NY Jets CBS

Sunday, September 14 1:25 pm HOUSTON CBS

Sunday, September 21 10:00 am at New England CBS

Sunday, September 28 10:00 am MIAMI (London) CBS

Sunday, October 5 BYE WEEK

Sunday, October 12 1:05 pm* SAN DIEGO CBS

Sunday, October 19 1:25 pm* ARIZONA FOX

Sunday, October 26 1:25 pm* at Cleveland CBS

Sunday, November 2 1:25 pm* at Seattle CBS

Sunday, November 9 1:05 pm* DENVER CBS

Sunday, November 16 1:05 pm* at San Diego CBS

Thursday, November 20 5:25 pm KANSAS CITY NFLN

Sunday, November 30 10:00 am* at St. Louis CBS

Sunday, December 7 1:25 pm* SAN FRANCISCO FOX

Sunday, December 14 10:00 am* at Kansas City CBS

Sunday, December 21 1:25 pm* BUFFALO CBS

Sunday, December 28 1:25 pm* at Denver CBS

Yikes, not looking good right out the gate, we know Al Davis pissed off the NFL gods and 2014 looks like more of the same, a very demanding schedule,lots of eastern time zone and London to boot, a week 5 bye, good lord this could get ugly in a hurry. Reggie and Allen better fasten their seatbelts this ride is going to get rough.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only positive I see is that the most brutal East Coast games are done fairly early in the season. Tough schedule for sure. Oh well, here's to a great pick in 2015!

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on that ... the first four weeks involves non-division teams. This could give the Raiders more time to get it together with the bye week included before the tougher division teams come up on the schedule. Think of it as another four weeks of "preseason" action. Reggie and Dennis must hit a home run in the upcoming Draft to integrate those players for the long haul.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 IF Schaub gets his mojo back and the team gels, along with GREAT coaching from DA, Olson, and Tarver.. Ya that's a lot of IFs?? But ya NEVER know till they play the game..

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 IF Schaub gets his mojo back and the team gels, along with GREAT coaching from DA, Olson, and Tarver.. Ya that's a lot of IFs?? But ya NEVER know till they play the game..

Do you prefer grape or cherry kool-aid, ID? :suds:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry idaho but IMO it looks more like 6-10 unless something fantastic happens, and that is if we go 2-2 out the gate, wins over Jets and Texans could happen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not questioning your record or anything as I think Oakland has as good of a chance to finish 2nd in the division as the Chiefs and Chargers but looking at the record what are the 10 wins that you see?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, I think we have a chance to WIN all our games but 4.. Whiners, Seahawks, Denver, Pats.. And even then if Schaub is playing like a pro-bowler and all those PROVEN Pro-Bowler VETS that we got GEL as a team well, we might even split with you guys.. 10-6 cd but only if Schaub returns to the Pro-Bowler QB that he is and the team gels..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take a small series of miracles for the Raiders to reach 10-6.

Losses:

@ Pats, vs Cardinals, @ Seahawks, @ Chargers, vs 49ers, @ Chiefs, @ Broncos. That's seven and I am really giving the Raiders the benefit of the doubt by assuming they will split with all three AFC West teams. I honestly think the Chargers and Broncos will sweep.

Other likely losses:

@ Jets, @ Rams

Even the Browns and Texans won't be easy wins for this Raiders team. They made some good moves, and I can understand having confidence in Schaub. He is the most capable QB they've had since Gannon. The team very well could gel, too. These guys are professionals and know how to get it done. Plus I think their key gains outweigh their key losses. I'm intrigued by the MJD signing. But the bottom line is this team is still behind the 8-ball and has a pretty stout schedule. I think they split with the Chiefs, take the Bills game, the Texans, and possibly a road win against the Browns. Raiders 4-12. Maybe 5-11 if they catch the Jets with their pants down one week 1.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Denver fan, Pryor beat the bolts last year.. We have a chance to SWEEP them this year!! KC they lost some pretty good starters from their OL, and they really have NO WRs other than Bowe.. We have a chance to SWEEP them as well.. Denver has a good team, but PM is a year older and who knows how they will play after that SB game.. Maybe a split..
The Whiners and Raiders HATE each other BIG TIME!! The game is in Oakland SO no one knows how that game will turn out.. We got their 2 starting corners that will be up for that game!! And on and on it goes..
Like I told cd 10-6 IF we get great play from Schaub and our team gels.. IM either right or wrong??
That's 50\50 baby I will gamble on that all day.. Oh and we got the 5th pick, we can add the best D player, best WR,OL, TE, Future Franchise QB ,trade down for more picks, in what people say is the BEST draft in years.. NEVER know till they play the game..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes my Raiders can finish 5-11, but so can any other team in the NFL.. The Texans and Falcons are proof of that.. IS YOUR TEAM NEXT??

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes my Raiders can finish 5-11, but so can any other team in the NFL.. The Texans and Falcons are proof of that.. IS YOUR TEAM NEXT??

Make an argument for why it will be.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lknowftbll, there is no argument to be made.. You guys SHOULD WIN 11 to 12 games this year right??
After all you got PM and all the records he broke last year.. The march to the SB for Denver is on!!
So says everybody right?? Those same people said the march for the Texans and Falcons to the SB was on as well.. The point is?? We can ALL talk, but NO one knows what will happen till they play the game..
What if Schaub MJD, DMAC ETC on O catch fire, and on D all those Pro=Bowler VETS GEL with the young guys and form a beast Pass Rushing D?? Could we WIN more than 5 games?? EASY!!
Or we could stink and only WIN 5-6 games.. Same goes for you.. PM gets hurt, or just don't have it anymore, OL sucks and cant give him time, NEW D don't gel, etc.. 5-6 games for you as well..
Hey its the offseason, teams are making moves and MOST fans have hope.. Im one of them..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's the tired old retread arguments of "if Manning gets hurt..." and not much more. Most teams if they lose their starting QB are going to struggle. If the Raiders lose Schaub in week one, they could well be looking at an 0-16 finish with their slate. Look, I'm not here to rag on the Raiders. And I agree with you that this time of year is a great time of year to have hope. And I'll further agree with you that this year's Raiders looks to be a little more loaded than previous years. But going off of the information available right now I don't see the Raiders any better than a 5-6 win team.

With that said, you are right. Circumstances change. Teams have good seasons then inexplicably have bad seasons. Teams have bad seasons and then get good. It's a hard league to predict year to year, so I don't want you to think I am ragging on you for having hope. But I do think it's fun to discuss this stuff with the season so far away. If you think the Broncos are heading for a major let down, by all means, I'd love to hear your reasoning. I just hope it is a little deeper than "Manning is just one solid hit away..." That nonsense has been proven false ever since he got drilled by a Steelers safety week 1 of the 2012 season.

FWIW, here is why I am not worried about a drop off for the Broncos. They made some major improvements on their defense and do not appear to have made a serious drop off on offense. This year's schedule appears much more difficult than last year's not just because of who the Broncos play, but the combination of when and where matters too. Still, I think the Broncos are capable of pulling an 11-5 finish after just a cursory glance at the schedule.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Available information = ESPN?? The Denver network, the people that are wrong so much and never own up to it.. They got no cred man.. Anyways, new Owner, new GM, new season, NO cap hell anymore, new Pro-Bowl players, lets see how it shakes out bro.. Don't let people on TV tell you how to think..
Now its not only about PM getting hurt dude.. He looks OLD with no zip on his ball anymore.. I think that SB lost finally did him in man.. Hey it happens man, they get old and lose it.. Elway sold his soul for 1 more run at it, lets see if he can get it?? I don't think so.. But I have been wrong before...
And I already told you, you SHOULD WIN around 11-12 games this year.. But we don't know for sure till they play the game right??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and if we lose Schaub for the year, would we go 0-16?? NOT if we draft Johnny Football of Teddy B.. We could do that if we choose.. Its pretty sweet how we loaded up the team this year and still have a shot a players like that..