• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oakland Raiders Ongoing Thread

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Available information = ESPN?? The Denver network, the people that are wrong so much and never own up to it.. They got no cred man..

Your sources, not mine. I don't even watch ESPN. FWIW, "available information" is a combination of a team's performance over the past season with the additions and losses in FA factored in. It's somewhat subjective, not an exact science, but it's also not ESPN. But nice try.

Anyways, new Owner, new GM, new season, NO cap hell anymore, new Pro-Bowl players, lets see how it shakes out bro.. Don't let people on TV tell you how to think..

See above. I don't watch ESPN or NFL Network. Even if I did it wouldn't be a good information source on the Raiders because nothing the Raiders have done in the last 10 years has been news worthy.

Now its not only about PM getting hurt dude.. He looks OLD with no zip on his ball anymore.. I think that SB lost finally did him in man.. Hey it happens man, they get old and lose it.. Elway sold his soul for 1 more run at it, lets see if he can get it?? I don't think so.. But I have been wrong before...
And I already told you, you SHOULD WIN around 11-12 games this year.. But we don't know for sure till they play the game right??

Manning not having any zip is a humorous critique. Sort of a "he can walk on water but he can't swim" kind of argument. I'll gladly take a guy who can throw 55 tds and nearly 5500 yards passing. You would too if you had the chance. Seriously. If the Raiders had a choice between signing Manning, even after the SB loss or Schaub, which would you have wanted?

We will see if you are right regarding the SB loss. I'm not worried. Not at all.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and if we lose Schaub for the year, would we go 0-16?? NOT if we draft Johnny Football of Teddy B.. We could do that if we choose.. Its pretty sweet how we loaded up the team this year and still have a shot a players like that..

This right here is the best thing the Raiders have going for them right now. It's not just the high pick, but the guy who will be making the pick. Reggie McKenzie has been a smart GM and done a lot considering the mess he's had to clean up. Now he and the Raiders are reaching a position where they can turn the corner. I honestly think they are not far from building a competitive team. I think they have too tall a task for it to happen this year, but that's okay. If I'm right about their W/L record, the Raiders will be picking in the top 5-8 next year too which may be good for them in the long run. I am actually really interested in seeing how McKenzie handles the Raiders drafts now that he has a whole deck to play with.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right, nothing we have done the last 10 years is news worthy why?? Cuz of AL Davis lust for Winning now and not building for the future.. Salary cap hell!! Go all in WIN now.. Sort of what you guys are doing eh?? And please dude most fans that post on boards get there talking points right from ESPN NFL Network when it comes to the Raiders...
Lets see.. We lost Houston in FA, but what did we add?? Tuck, Woodly, Smith, CJ Wilson.. That's 4 to 1 that's a big WIN there.. We lost Veldy.. But added Penn, Boothe, Howard.. 3to 1 that's a WIN there as well.. We got Schaub, MJD, James Jones, the Whiners 2 starting corners as well as some other depth players, to add to our young team.. But an ESPN talking point will say?? Yup same ol Raiders.. 5 Wins just like you are saying..
Well I see another choke job for PM dude, and im not being a jerk or anything like that either, I just don't believe in the guy is all.. What good was 55 TDS and 55OO Yards if you get blown out in the SB??
You will soon be in cap hell and we will have another 70M in cap next year..
Lets see if Tuck, Woodly, Smith, Wilson,McGee, Sims, and draft pick can get to PM?? While Branch, CWood, Hayden, Brown, Young, and Rogers play your WRs... Bottom line dude is?? You don't know and I don't know what will happen this year.. That's why they play the game..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't want to get the board mad at me.. So I will say it again.. Yes The Raiders can finish 5-11 fire everybody and start all over again.. Schaub can stink and the team don't come together and we BUST!!
BUT what if Schaub catches FIRE and the team comes together, and we catch teams off guard and WIN 10 games?? That CAN happen as well.. That's all im trying to say.. JUST WI

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats right, nothing we have done the last 10 years is news worthy why?? Cuz of AL Davis lust for Winning now and not building for the future.. Salary cap hell!! Go all in WIN now.. Sort of what you guys are doing eh?? And please dude most fans that post on boards get there talking points right from ESPN NFL Network when it comes to the Raiders...

This is one of the biggest misnomers about the Broncos right now. They have a solid core of young talent and Elway has done pretty decent with his drafts. Most veteran FAs are brought in on 1 or 2 year contracts with the long term financial health of the team in mind. Most are willing to take 1 or 2 year deals so they can play on a contender. I am not sure where people get this idea that the Broncos are not thinking long term. Of course they are in "win now" mode. They have a QB who is in the twilight of his career. But that doesn't mean this team is going to slide into NFL irrelevance once Manning retires.

Lets see.. We lost Houston in FA, but what did we add?? Tuck, Woodly, Smith, CJ Wilson.. That's 4 to 1 that's a big WIN there.. We lost Veldy.. But added Penn, Boothe, Howard.. 3to 1 that's a WIN there as well.. We got Schaub, MJD, James Jones, the Whiners 2 starting corners as well as some other depth players, to add to our young team.. But an ESPN talking point will say?? Yup same ol Raiders.. 5 Wins just like you are saying..

Like I said already, ESPN is your source, not mine. I don't watch ESPN. I am drawing my own conclusion about the Raiders based on their signings and the slate of opponents. With that said, I think the Raiders made some good pickups and have already agreed with you they are finally playing with a full deck regarding the draft. I still don't see them winning more than 5 or 6 games. I just don't see it. There are a lot of teams on their schedule that are just better teams as I see it.

Well I see another choke job for PM dude, and im not being a jerk or anything like that either, I just don't believe in the guy is all.. What good was 55 TDS and 55OO Yards if you get blown out in the SB??

Getting blown out in the Super Bowl only sucks until you remember 30 teams didn't even reach the Super Bowl. Hell, some teams didn't even reach .500 on the season. And while 55 tds and 5500 passing yards is a tough act to follow, if Manning produces 75% of that this season he will still have posted spectacular numbers.

You will soon be in cap hell and we will have another 70M in cap next year..
Lets see if Tuck, Woodly, Smith, Wilson,McGee, Sims, and draft pick can get to PM?? While Branch, CWood, Hayden, Brown, Young, and Rogers play your WRs... Bottom line dude is?? You don't know and I don't know what will happen this year.. That's why they play the game..

See above on the long-term health of the Broncos cap. They are actually in solid shape moving forward and Elway has proven to be a tremendous front office talent in terms of what he's done for the team. And here we'll agree to be at an impasse. Neither of us know for sure and we both feel we have all the reason in the world to be confident in our respective teams. I certainly don't begrudge you that.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is not a source for me Cmon dude.. I never agree with anything they say ever!! They are only good for breaking news and who sighs who.. Its easy to see who follows them, just read their talking points..
Now what all this boils down to is?? Can the RAIDERS get to 10-6?? And you being a Denver fan will say no.. You see that the RAIDERS have been crappy the last 10 years, and we lost 2 GOOD players in FA etc... But the truth is?? This is a NEW RAIDER team from TOP TO BOTTOM..
We added PROVEN Pro- Bowl players, kept the same coaching staff going on 3 years, got a super DEEP draft still in the works, anything can happen man.. And yes we can BUST, but I choose to believe that 10-6 can happen ONLY IF our team comes together.. If Schaub and the OL stinks?? Hello 5-11
You know what the game plan in Oakland is?? I will tell you.. POWER RUN, PASS RUSH FOOTBALL..
On paper it looks like the RAIDERS have a pass rush.. Tuck,Woodly, Smith, Wilson, McGee, Sims, and ya know Reggie will draft one as well..
Penn, Boothe, Wiz2, Howard, Watson, McCants, Bergs, and draft pick if he choose..
MJD, DMAC, Murray, Sheets, to RUN behind that line!! Win the TOP and let the D rest..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is not a source for me Cmon dude.. I never agree with anything they say ever!! They are only good for breaking news and who sighs who.. Its easy to see who follows them, just read their talking points..

Apparently it isn't that easy to spot ESPN viewers because you keep bringing it up. I guess there is no way to prove to you I don't view ESPN because you can't prove a negative. I think this is the third time you've brought up ESPN. I am wasting my time with you.

Any Raiders fans actually want to talk football?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you what I think the Raiders can do.. What we added in FA etc.. I also told you what I think Denver record will be.. Its just one of those things were we need to let the season play out to know the truth.. You came to MY board.. You think im just going to let some fan talk down my Raiders??
Unless you can see the future, you don't know what will happen just like I wont..
Let it go.. And lets see what the season brings to both of us..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you what I think the Raiders can do.. What we added in FA etc.. I also told you what I think Denver record will be.. Its just one of those things were we need to let the season play out to know the truth.. You came to MY board.. You think im just going to let some fan talk down my Raiders??
Unless you can see the future, you don't know what will happen just like I wont..
Let it go.. And lets see what the season brings to both of us..

You mean this board on a public domain? Yeah, okay. "YOUR" board...:whistle:

I'm not talking down your Raiders, I'm making a statement of my general expectations for them based on their own roster (which I have acknowledged is improved over last year's) as well as a combination of who they are playing this year and when they are playing them. Essentially the exact same thing you are doing, just with a different conclusion.

Even with a lot of the additions you made, and factoring in we do not know what the draft will bring, making this all very premature, there are a lot of very good teams ahead. And while some teams go from good to bad with seemingly no explanation, as of now we have no reason to assume one or any of the more robust opponents on the Raiders schedule is just going to implode from last year to this. I'm not just going to assume these teams will be worse.

Ultimately I think the Raiders have assembled a better roster than they've had in a while. But right now this is looking like tragic timing for them. They get a high first round pick and if I am right they will have the same again next year. I really do think they are finally poised to turn the corner. I just don't think it will happen in the 2014 season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, there is NO reason to think those teams will be bad.. It just happens every year, and it will happen next year as well.. Teams that play in SBs one year are crappy the next year, that happens as well.. Hey you don't have to agree with what I say.. But I will say it anyways..
So you think we will WIN 5 games good for you.. Me I think we can WIN 10 games BUT ONLY if the team clicks.. You see were I say ONLY IF the team clicks.. That's just what I think dude.. Do I have to agree with you?? Or can I be my own man..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, there is NO reason to think those teams will be bad.. It just happens every year, and it will happen next year as well.. Teams that play in SBs one year are crappy the next year, that happens as well.. Hey you don't have to agree with what I say.. But I will say it anyways..
So you think we will WIN 5 games good for you.. Me I think we can WIN 10 games BUT ONLY if the team clicks.. You see were I say ONLY IF the team clicks.. That's just what I think dude.. Do I have to agree with you?? Or can I be my own man..

Why do you even need to ask? I never implied you had to agree with me. I'm certainly not shy about not agreeing with you. Isn't that part of why we chat on these boards? Isn't part of what makes being a fan so much fun arguing with other fans? It always has been for me, which is why I am having the same conversation about schedules on all four AFC West team forums. Well, not really on the Chargers forum because there is nobody there to chat with.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on dude.. And ya that's what makes it fun, but it can get a little heated as well, as you are a Denver fan and im an Oakland fan.. Oil and water dude.. That goes back what 50 years or so??
Its all good..

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is a great rivalry. I know I can be testy but ultimately I am just in it for the fun that is chatting with other fans. Usually after the draft I try to make predictions on the schedules, and I'll revisit this thread at that time with a more detailed rationalization for my predictions. Then we can continue our argument with more information than we currently have.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you even need to ask? I never implied you had to agree with me. I'm certainly not shy about not agreeing with you. Isn't that part of why we chat on these boards? Isn't part of what makes being a fan so much fun arguing with other fans? It always has been for me, which is why I am having the same conversation about schedules on all four AFC West team forums. Well, not really on the Chargers forum because there is nobody there to chat with.

So true, if everyone agreed all the time it would be like those mono-team boards, beyond boring. After suffering through the trolls and multiple s/n losers on the "robust" BSPN board this place is a pleasure, even if there is scant participation on some boards, chalk that up to the off-season doldrums. My friend idaho is a true optimist, he looks at the positives the Raiders have brought to the table this year and he sees the potential for success, I can appreciate that, and it is totally fair to comment from an outsider point of view as there are obviously huge challenges ahead of us in this schedule. If things in Oakland come together 10 wins is possible, imo not too likely, but possible.

One of the big issues that seems to be a perennial problem for the Raiders is conditioning, building depth and staying healthy have been problematic for a team that has sadly underperformed for far too long, if the team can make headway in this respect we should be able to stay competitive and have something to play for come December.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I cut in....

I love ID's enthusiasm & unabashed loyalty to the Raiders. After going through a very dismal season, I see a bright, but still faint, light at the end of the tunnel in 2014. The scheduling guru's did us no favors, so I don't see us becoming the 2014 version of last year's Queefs. Depending on the draft (albeit a poor draft in 2013), we may get to 8-8. However, I see us being far more competitive & entertaining. As we should keep the games a lot closer & SeaBass bounces back from a horrible 2013, maybe we can steal a couple of games & get to 10-6. The thing is, at this point before the upcoming season, everyone has new & inspired hopes for their teams. Unfortunately, not everyone will be right... :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This upcoming season for the Raiders is probably the 1st one in a long time that I have actually been somewhat impressed by what they have done. Unfortunately for the Raiders they have not had the opportunity to build much up with the lack of draft picks (and lack of actual production from the few draft picks they have had) so to me it is still a year or two away for the Raiders to actually be back in the running for the division. They have set themselves up nicely though with a chance to grab some talented players in this upcoming draft plus still have quite a bit of Cap Money for the future. This should bode well for them moving forward. I look at the Chiefs and see them as a team heading into Cap Hell (big reason they couldn't hardly sign anybody this year and looks like next year won't be much better for them). For the Chargers it will all depend on if they can continue to draft half way decent. For the Broncos it will all depend on how well they replace Peyton when he actually does retire. So the AFC West here in the next couple of years is very much up in the air of who will be the top team.

As for this year I see it going...

Broncos--11-5
Chargers--9-7
Chiefs--7-9
Raiders--6-10

Realize though with the schedule all of us have in the AFC West the Raiders finishing with a better record than last year would be a sign of vast improvement as very few games on any of our schedules look like easy wins.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos--11-5
Chargers--9-7
Chiefs--7-9
Raiders--6-10

Realize though with the schedule all of us have in the AFC West the Raiders finishing with a better record than last year would be a sign of vast improvement as very few games on any of our schedules look like easy wins.

Not sure how many games of the 6 you see as division wins. That's where I can see them stealing a few & get to .500

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I cut in....

I love ID's enthusiasm & unabashed loyalty to the Raiders. After going through a very dismal season, I see a bright, but still faint, light at the end of the tunnel in 2014. The scheduling guru's did us no favors, so I don't see us becoming the 2014 version of last year's Queefs. Depending on the draft (albeit a poor draft in 2013), we may get to 8-8. However, I see us being far more competitive & entertaining. As we should keep the games a lot closer & SeaBass bounces back from a horrible 2013, maybe we can steal a couple of games & get to 10-6. The thing is, at this point before the upcoming season, everyone has new & inspired hopes for their teams. Unfortunately, not everyone will be right... :suds:

Agreed! I have to love a guy who bleeds S&B, a rare breed these days, hats off to idaho

This upcoming season for the Raiders is probably the 1st one in a long time that I have actually been somewhat impressed by what they have done. Unfortunately for the Raiders they have not had the opportunity to build much up with the lack of draft picks (and lack of actual production from the few draft picks they have had) so to me it is still a year or two away for the Raiders to actually be back in the running for the division. They have set themselves up nicely though with a chance to grab some talented players in this upcoming draft plus still have quite a bit of Cap Money for the future. This should bode well for them moving forward. I look at the Chiefs and see them as a team heading into Cap Hell (big reason they couldn't hardly sign anybody this year and looks like next year won't be much better for them). For the Chargers it will all depend on if they can continue to draft half way decent. For the Broncos it will all depend on how well they replace Peyton when he actually does retire. So the AFC West here in the next couple of years is very much up in the air of who will be the top team.

Broncos--11-5
Chargers--9-7
Chiefs--7-9
Raiders--6-10

That is what I saw just running through the schedule, indeed very tough sledding this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how many games of the 6 you see as division wins. That's where I can see them stealing a few & get to .500

I see them getting 2 division wins this year. The AFC West is just a tough division to be in right now so any win in the division is going to be hard fought. The Raiders definitely could be a team that steal a few though. Right now I have them anywhere between 5-11 and 9-7. 9-7 is going to take some lucky breaks, no injuries, and some rookies to play well in my opinion but crazier things have happened in the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all.. Shout outs to my boyz Flaraider and RaiderZar, true Raider fans!!
Now this why 10-6 could happen.. I think we could split with the AFC West, that's 3 games right there..
And these games are winnable.. Jets, Texans, Browns, Bills, Cards, Fins, Rams.. Geno Smith, Draft pick, draft Pick, Manual, Palmer, Tannihill, Bradford if he is healthy.. I like our secondary VS those QBs!! Its really not that hard when you break it down is it??
Now these games will be hard.. Brady, RW, Kap, PM.. Battle tested BIG game QBs!!
The reason I say split with the Donks is?? Cuz its a blood rival..
And we too went out and got a BIG game battle tested DL and Corners!!
10-6 if the team comes together.. 6-10 if it don't.. Either one of those could happen..