• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 8th NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow still lots of good options for Jacksonville - felt I could have gone three or four different ways.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any team with two picks in the 2nd want to trade up in round 2, hit me up as Washington would like both and will give some more.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Bears have weapons in offense.

Defense is more of a need at #9 IMO.

Strong disagreement... if you take Caleb at one... you need to make sure that Oline is good... that's where I would go no matter what... whether it is a need or not...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong disagreement... if you take Caleb at one... you need to make sure that Oline is good... that's where I would go no matter what... whether it is a need or not...
You said whether it is a need or not but that all depends on their contracts, age, potential, etc. This is a top 10 pick, you don't just take an OL bc you just picked your potential franchise QB.

I think Chicago had a bigger need than TE at 9. They had one clear hole at EDGE.

At OL:

LT - Braxton Jones - signed for next 2 years. According to PFF, a pretty solid, young LT
LG - Teven Jenkins - only one year. I'm not sure if they will extend him but only 26 and pretty solid PFF scores.
C - Ryan bates - traded for this veteran and solid player. signed for 2 more years.
RG - Nate Davis - getting paid for next two years $11M/yr. Didn't get good PFF scores. I would think he is replaceable.
RT - Darnell Wright - rookie last year and solid, young player

I don't know enough about their OL depth and backups but their starters are pretty much in place for the next two years except Jenkins. I would assume they look at extending him if he plays well. That is the only replacement I see but a rookie would compete for the job.

I don't agree with going OL over a more obvious need if your starters are set in stone. Yes a rookie LT/LG could end up being a starter from this draft but when you have Verse/Turner/Latu OTB with an obvious need I think that takes precedent over OL. Now I think in the 3rd or 4th they could go OL and still find a nice replacement instead of using a top 10 pick on it.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting in round 2. We get an hour, if you don't pick I text you again and you have one more hour if you don't pick a pick will be made for you. If you don't like the pick that was made for you you can select someone else but obviously not any of the players who were picked after your pick.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers with a very good pick. I was hoping he would slip to around 25 and I would have tried to trade up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

Their OL is not that bad and they had a need at DE. Sweat is good but Walker at the other one? Solid but you can never have too many pass rushers. And they could have taken one and rotated him with Walker to keep them fresh.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,346.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said whether it is a need or not but that all depends on their contracts, age, potential, etc. This is a top 10 pick, you don't just take an OL bc you just picked your potential franchise QB.

I think Chicago had a bigger need than TE at 9. They had one clear hole at EDGE.

At OL:

LT - Braxton Jones - signed for next 2 years. According to PFF, a pretty solid, young LT
LG - Teven Jenkins - only one year. I'm not sure if they will extend him but only 26 and pretty solid PFF scores.
C - Ryan bates - traded for this veteran and solid player. signed for 2 more years.
RG - Nate Davis - getting paid for next two years $11M/yr. Didn't get good PFF scores. I would think he is replaceable.
RT - Darnell Wright - rookie last year and solid, young player

I don't know enough about their OL depth and backups but their starters are pretty much in place for the next two years except Jenkins. I would assume they look at extending him if he plays well. That is the only replacement I see but a rookie would compete for the job.

I don't agree with going OL over a more obvious need if your starters are set in stone. Yes a rookie LT/LG could end up being a starter from this draft but when you have Verse/Turner/Latu OTB with an obvious need I think that takes precedent over OL. Now I think in the 3rd or 4th they could go OL and still find a nice replacement instead of using a top 10 pick on it.

Yeah, you can find a solid OL in the 3rd and 4th if you have a good scouting department.