• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nos' 3rd Annual NFL Mock Draft : CHAT

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds interesting, I'd pick for the Chargers but I don't pay a lot of attention to later round prospects so that could hurt my drafting.

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds interesting, I'd pick for the Chargers but I don't pay a lot of attention to later round prospects so that could hurt my drafting.

We are doing this for fun as long as you're active nobody is gonna mind you making some weird picks in the later rounds.

I am also here to help please feel free to ask me and I will always help you, that goes for everyone.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask that everyone please read the OP. You are required to leave a cell# with me or someone in the draft so you can be sent a text when you are OTC.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer is in and taking the Titans again...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Jags. Unless there is someone who normally takes them. I can also take a 2nd team if need be.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft will begin Monday April 4th at 11:00am EST

For those of you that I don't have a cell# please either PM your cell to me or someone else in the draft, I just want to be sure we can contact you when you are on the clock.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do these draft go for?

7-10 days I am guessing. Could be a lot quicker depending on how active people are. I do keep things running quickly to Nos's displeasure with my texts and PM's. :pound:

If we have 32 separate owners per teams it could be 7-10 days. If some owners have 2-3 teams it could be quicker.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here we are again, time for the mock draft. We will have some returning GM's but we will need some people to fill up some other teams.

It's simple really, you will act as GM of the team you represent. There will be no player trades. There will be no future pick trades. You will be allowed to trade 2016 picks, trades that are ruled unfair or for lack of a better word stupid will not be allowed. EX... 5th pick of the draft for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. I will not decide what is fair and what isn't by myself I will choose a couple people to help in that decision making process.

You are required to give someone in the draft your cell# so you can be sent a text when you are on the clock, it does not have to be me, if you are friends with someone else in the draft you can leave it with it them, I don't mind waiting a bit for people to pick we are simply doing this to avoid waiting all day.

At the end of the draft we will discuss and vote on the top five drafting teams.

The Draft will begin Monday April 4th 11:00am EST

1) Instead of having a committee to decide fairness of trades why not use a draft value chart and trades can't be more then 100pt difference
Walters Football Site: NFL Draft Value Chart

2) Are there time limits between picks?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do these draft go for?

I'm going to say more like 12 - 14 days. I am going to do my best not to use a clock that is why everyone will be required to give somebody a good cell# to text when it's their turn to pick.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been my experience people do not like using the draft chart. We tried it before with 100 point limit but that just doesn't work with early picks. As I said in the OP as long as it's not a no brainer one sided trade it will be allowed.

No trading the 10th pick of the draft for two 3rds, it simply has to make sense...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to say more like 12 - 14 days. I am going to do my best not to use a clock that is why everyone will be required to give somebody a good cell# to text when it's their turn to pick.

I agree that using a clock would probably mean skips might occur which is the worst in this type of draft because it makes it not like the real draft. Unless your team is the Vikings :laugh3:

We do need to figure out what we will do if a team fails to pick after example like 6 hours. Do we have a 3 person committee pick for them instead of skipping. This way we aren't waiting 6 hours and the team OTC still gets a player that they might have taken. Say every team leaves Nos & myself a top 5 needs and the committee would pick a player per position listed. Just throwing out ideas. Its your rodeo and I am just trying to hold on for 8 seconds.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE WILL BE REQUIRED TO GIVE SOMEONE IN THE DRAFT A CELL# SO THEY CAN BE SENT A TEXT WHEN IT'S THEIR TURN TO PICK. IF YOU WILL NOT GIVE SOMEONE A GOOD # TO REACH YOU AT IM SORRY BUT YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE DRAFT.

WE WILL NOT BE SKIPPING ANYONE!

I HAVE ABOUT 10 - 12 CELL#'S FROM PEOPLE WHO REGULARLY DO OUR MOCK DRAFTS ASK ANY ONE OF THEM I DONT TEXT YOU UNLESS YOU ARE OTC, SO YOU AIN'T GOT WORRY ABOUT DICK PICS AT 2 IN THE MORNING OR ANYTHING STUPID.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been my experience people do not like using the draft chart. We tried it before with 100 point limit but that just doesn't work with early picks. As I said in the OP as long as it's not a no brainer one sided trade it will be allowed.

No trading the 10th pick of the draft for two 3rds, it simply has to make sense...

Sorry but I disagree with the no brainer part. (insert jokes here) I have noticed we don't see eye to eye on trades. If team A agrees with team B its going to be hard for me to accept a committee ruling it unfair. However we are probably saying or thinking the same thing that it has to be so bad of trade that even I think its unfair to be denied :thumb:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE WILL BE REQUIRED TO GIVE SOMEONE IN THE DRAFT A CELL# SO THEY CAN BE SENT A TEXT WHEN IT'S THEIR TURN TO PICK. IF YOU WILL NOT GIVE SOMEONE A GOOD # TO REACH YOU AT IM SORRY BUT YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE DRAFT.

WE WILL NOT BE SKIPPING ANYONE!

I HAVE ABOUT 10 - 12 CELL#'S FROM PEOPLE WHO REGULARLY DO OUR MOCK DRAFTS ASK ANY ONE OF THEM I DONT TEXT YOU UNLESS YOU ARE OTC, SO YOU AIN'T GOT WORRY ABOUT DICK PICS AT 2 IN THE MORNING OR ANYTHING STUPID.

Not liking the all caps. I am taking this as you raising your voice at me when all I was giving some suggestions, not demands. Once again I didn't say anything about skipping a person and agree we shouldn't do it. However we do need some rule in place on what we will do if the GM doesn't pick (insert hour or day(s) The GM can give you a correct number but life happens and they disappear for days so all I am asking is what will happen if that occurs.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I have the Bengals again please?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Instead of having a committee to decide fairness of trades why not use a draft value chart and trades can't be more then 100pt difference
Walters Football Site: NFL Draft Value Chart

2) Are there time limits between picks?
I'm not sure that we should put a set number on the point difference between them. Different people have different values for different picks. The chart is more of a guideline, than a set in stone chart. I would use it if/when you need to review trades, but I think there are other things that should be factored in as well.