• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL Central thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pitching depth is challenged right now, half our bullpen is good/great the other half suck big time.

On the other hand, your starting pitching has been very good so far this season.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-9, 4th place...behind the Pierats. Horrible.

You'll never learn! We might even be in 5th place after we go to Atlanta but the last time I checked we are not mathematically eliminated yet since we have just a few more games to play this season. The front runner in the NL Central will change several times before this season is over just in case you didn't know. As for now the team that you call the 'scrubs' are not to scrubby are they?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals have given up 63 HRs and only hit 47 HRs this year. Its a miracle they're above .500.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll never learn! We might even be in 5th place after we go to Atlanta but the last time I checked we are not mathematically eliminated yet since we have just a few more games to play this season. The front runner in the NL Central will change several times before this season is over just in case you didn't know. As for now the team that you call the 'scrubs' are not to scrubby are they?

You're honest to god the most annoying Cardinals "fan" ever. You sit here and play the "oh I'm so happy everyone else is so good" shit, fuck that. I sincerely hope you're trolling. A real cardinals fan would never speak well of other teams. There's this thing called respecting opponents and it's way different from the pole smoking you do for other teams.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're honest to god the most annoying Cardinals "fan" ever. You sit here and play the "oh I'm so happy everyone else is so good" shit, fuck that. I sincerely hope you're trolling. A real cardinals fan would never speak well of other teams. There's this thing called respecting opponents and it's way different from the pole smoking you do for other teams.
It's a much better way to be than to just badmouth every other team. It's not like he's rooting for the Cubs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards are +20 on runs scored differential. There are other ways to score besides home runs.
I agree

The key component to my statement isnt on how many HRs they are hitting. Its how many they are giving up. The only teams who have given up more HRs than the Cardinals are Seattle (20-23) and Baltimore (14-26).

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

The key component to my statement isnt on how many HRs they are hitting. Its how many they are giving up. The only teams who have given up more HRs than the Cardinals are Seattle (20-23) and Baltimore (14-26).

Still, it is runs allowed, not HR. You are middle of the pack in Runs Allowed in the National league.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, it is runs allowed, not HR. You are middle of the pack in Runs Allowed in the National league.
Thats....kind of a bad stat for the way the team is built, though. Nobody steals on the Cardinals but no one has to because the doubles most teams are hitting off mistake pitches are HRs against the Cardinals.

Cardinals are getting bullied the the Brewers, Cubs and Pirates the past few years. Pirates are 27th in payroll and just won 3 of 4 in STL shortly after the Cubs swept them in Chicago. I expect them to rebound and maybe finish the month around 2nd or 3rd place in the division but this is starting to look like the same team from last year and the year before that and the year before that.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats....kind of a bad stat for the way the team is built, though. Nobody steals on the Cardinals but no one has to because the doubles most teams are hitting off mistake pitches are HRs against the Cardinals.

Cardinals are getting bullied the the Brewers, Cubs and Pirates the past few years. Pirates are 27th in payroll and just won 3 of 4 in STL shortly after the Cubs swept them in Chicago. I expect them to rebound and maybe finish the month around 2nd or 3rd place in the division but this is starting to look like the same team from last year and the year before that and the year before that.
Very similar as far as their ceiling is. The line up is a better one than previous years, but the starting pitching is not good at all. I don't think they have a starter who would be a 1 or 2 on any other team. I think this may all equal out to a similar finish as last season. Although we may not get to the 14 games over .500 we were last season.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I can assure you that I bleed Cardinals Red! If my posts annoy you there is nothing that requires you to read them. You obviously never played sports because if you had the first thing you would have learned is to always respect your opponents. The NL Central is a very good division with several teams capable of winning it all and a real Cardinal's fan will always speak the truth about the quality of teams they compete against. Yes, I'm glad the NL Central is a strong division because if the Cardinals happen to be fortunate enough to win this division they will have survived to that point of beating some of the best teams in all of MLB. However, I will always compliment our competition when they deserve it. Have a nice day.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a much better way to be than to just badmouth every other team. It's not like he's rooting for the Cubs.

Hey Buddy, you got that right! I definitely don't bleed Cubs blue, nor will I ever! But, I definitely won't say the Cubs suck, when they don't, either. I just hope that we will find a way to start beating them more often than we have in recent years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very similar as far as their ceiling is. The line up is a better one than previous years, but the starting pitching is not good at all. I don't think they have a starter who would be a 1 or 2 on any other team. I think this may all equal out to a similar finish as last season. Although we may not get to the 14 games over .500 we were last season.
I kind of get the feeling that our lineup is underperforming and up until recently our pitching was overperforming.

When the Cardinals had their success it was behind prime/late prime Chris Carpenter and prime Adam Wainwright and they had the depth behind them. The Carlos Martinez/Wacha era has been full of disappointment although Wacha's run support this year has been strong. If CarMart comes in with a 1.2/1.3 WHIP this year then they should be competing for a playoff spot with the positional depth they have to back up the starting pitching.

When the Cardinals were great last year it was because of Bader and Matt Carpenter. Both of them might be little more than depth players this year. There is still some hope left in the team but its probably going to take someone like Goldschmidt to step up.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

I thought that is what you meant. Yes, our pitchers have got to correct giving up the long ball if we are going to stay in the race and particularly with runners on base which has happened much too frequently so far this season.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the similarities are frightening and we start a 3 game series at the Braves beginning tomorrow which is another team we have not beaten much in recent matchups.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You nailed it concerning our starting pitching. Even when Carlos Martinez comes back soon he is scheduled for bullpen duty but I'm hoping that he will get into the starting rotation soon after that. If Reyes can come back soon and perform as advertised our starting pitching should get much better. I realize these are some big 'IFS'.