• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL General Board Mock Draft

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. We are doing a Mock Draft on the general board and I think you guys should come be apart of it. Come check out the thread and see if your team has been taken yet:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ortsHoopla-draft-mock-off-season-signups.html

And if they have, don't worry, I'm sure the person picking won't mind coming to the team board and discussing picks with you. The team boards will be like the war rooms for each team. This should be very fun for everyone. Many boards have done this before and it was a great experience. Especially if you love the draft, this is something you should for sure check out.

I've already got the Dolphins, but I figured I'd just let you guys know. I'll be here on the board and we can all talk about each pick, and to be fair, we'll all vote on the pick. Whoever wants to participate that is.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Zakology,

Thanks for the update RE the general mock draft. It sounds good. Thanks also for getting input from other Dolphin fans. The NFL draft is one of my favorite times of the year as a sports fan. I plan to participate.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey super cool idea when is this happening? If you can update us here I'd like to help out with feedback I'm sure a few others would too. Let's start with best player first round which is hopefully a guard or tackle! Would help if this was after FA though as the Fins may sign a few good ones....

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jak has the Dolphins but there are a few teams open if you guys would like to participate.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jak has the Dolphins but there are a few teams open if you guys would like to participate.

Yes I'm hoping to be part of his draft team in our war room! I don't think I'll have enough time to take on another team but I may have some friends who could one being a Titans fan which seems to be needed.

What is the proposed start time on Tuesday? I like your idea of having a few hours to make your pick as this way teams can discuss options or trades. Who cares if this takes weeks it would be nice to make it realistic when the smoke clears.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping to get it started Tuesday, I think we should be able to fill the final 5 teams tomorrow, one of them being the Titans...

I will let ya know what time everything will get started...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe once we start drafting the draft times will be at least mon-fri 10:00am - 10:00pm EST

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be here and I'll probably post in this thread when its our turn to pick and I'll let you guys know who I'm targeting. And you guys throw in some names too and then we'll have a vote.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good guys I think it will be a blast! I’ll keep checking the site to see what's happening. Jak any thoughts of trading up or down? I guess we can see how things go or if an offer comes in...

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to trade down, but so does everybody else, so I don't think anyone's willing to trade besides the Browns. They're looking for another 1st round pick, but I think he's going to find a higher pick than 19. So I think I'm just going to stay where I am.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya see what happens if someone gets desperate and offers us a small drop and a 2nd Rd we definitely have to think about it. I'll try to keep checking in as the day unfolds on wed. If you can put together a few options as we get close to our pick that would be great. Looking forward to it!

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks a lot of top O lineman are falling. Also, interestingly, both DTs from Notre Dame, Nix and Tuitt are still available. They are both dominant forces, and I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one of them. This is obviously under the assumption that we're not bringing back both Starks and Soliai which seems likely. And also, Gilbert, the CB out of Oklahoma State is still on the board. Of course, O line is #1 and should be the pick, but these top 10 picks falling, I have to at least think about it. But I'm looking at:

1. Taylor Lewan, Tackle, Michigan. 6'8, 302 pounds. As I said in the O line prospects thread, I love my athletes along the O line, and this guy is a true athlete. Was projected as a top 5 pick last season, but came back for his senior year. Still played great and will be a high 1st round pick.

2. Morgan Moses, Tackle/Guard, Virginia. 6'6 330+. Already discussed this guy in the prospect thread. This guy will be a steal. He could fall to the 2nd. I may hold off, but I'm afraid he'll get picked. It would be great if we could land both Lewan and Moses. 2 cornerstones for the O line for the future. This would be assuming that we addressed other needs in free agency obviously.

3. Tuitt, Nix, and Gilbert. They will be filling needs that we will have, and they are elite talents that have fallen down the board so far.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lewan was picked 7th. If you like Moses I'd attempt to trade down a little bit maybe someone will get desperate for one of those top ten guys plus odds are most guys can't resist skill positions. Worst case we end up with the other two OT's projected in the 1st rd. You don't want to reach although I think Moses may be a good one due to his size and potential.

I guess we'll see how it goes in the morning but doesn't hurt to throw a line out there maybe get another pick later on. I guess another position couldn't hurt but I bet they stay with Soliai and they still have Odrick...maybe smarter to grab a DT later. CB tough too as they just took a few last year that will hopefully still pan out. Anyway see you in the morning.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see Lewan get picked. My bad. Replace him with Zack Martin then. The Tackle/Guard out of Notre Dame. Has already been mocked by many to us. I wouldn't be upset with that pick. Just don't know if he's worth that high of a pick. Yeah. I think I'm going to try to trade back again. See if we can stockpile some picks, and make sure we're not reaching for a need.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah, we still have a few corners, but we have 4 free agents at the same time. So its a tough spot. We really need depth at that position.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah, we still have a few corners, but we have 4 free agents at the same time. So its a tough spot. We really need depth at that position.

Yep take what they give you. I'd assume that Grimes is back and Taylor will find his health and game this year. Can still grab a CB but spending a first may be too much. Try to drop back I bet we still get a top OT later in Rd 1. Will be fun!

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a mock here:

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

Its very fun and their ratings are a bit different it seems like, but look what I came out with:

#19 - OT/G Zack Martin, Notre Dame

#50 - OT/G Morgan Moses, Virginia

#81 - RB Carlos Hyde, Ohio State(If this happens, I will be shocked beyond belief. There's no way he falls all the way to the third. I had to do it.)

#112 - DT Anthony Johnson, LSU

#143 - CB Antone Exum, Virginia Tech

#174 - WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State(6'2 212 pounds with 4.3 speed)

#211 - CB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma

I was looking for a playmaking TE late, but just couldn't find one. The TEs flew off the board in this. I'll keep an eye out in our mock though. I'm targeting Gator Hoskins, TE out of Marshall. Over the past 2 seasons: 85 catches, 1,195 yards, and 25 TDs. A true playmaker for Marshall. Undersized at 6'1 244, but I can look past that considering the TD production. Projected to got anywhere from the late 5th to early 7th.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd piss myself if the Fins had that draft!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jak you around. I let the board know that 19 is available if not we need to make a pick soon.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I was waiting it out for a trade offer. Looks like I'm not getting one.