• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little torn at this point. The Fins have done a great job of filling in some needs like the Jennings signing. On one hand I'd like to see them draft a game changer like Parker or Gurley but if they trade back and get a pick they could fill in their roster needs with WR, ILB and G.

In your opinion what is the best play for the Fins? I guess it's easy if no studs drop to 14.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little torn at this point. The Fins have done a great job of filling in some needs like the Jennings signing. On one hand I'd like to see them draft a game changer like Parker or Gurley but if they trade back and get a pick they could fill in their roster needs with WR, ILB and G.

In your opinion what is the best play for the Fins? I guess it's easy if no studs drop to 14.
In my opinion, there are great players all the way through the 1st. The problem I see, I like the (more or less)
4th best receiver, 5th best CB, 5th best RB, etc. It seems there really is little difference from the 1st and 2nd round talent. I would not be at all surprised if most of the 1st round disappoints while the great picks come from 2nd and on.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins need a game changer at 14

I'd pick between best available WR or Gurley with pick one. Gurley is a game changer. He seems to be progressing very well with his recovery. The Fins may not pick Gurley though because they have been very vocal about him which makes me wonder if they really want to trade down. Another option is if Shelton slides to #14 I'd probably pick him to have a dominant Dline. I'd pick best available guard with pick 2 unless there is a potential star at ILB in the 2nd round. There are only so many Fins' picks without a trade down so I'd probably roll the dice with J Taylor & W Davis at CB opposite Grimes. If Gurley isn't picked at #14 I'd pick best available RB in the 4th. In the 5th to 7th rounds BPA. The Fins also need another quality kick returner from this draft. J Landry is too valuable to have additional snaps on special teams returning kicks.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, there are great players all the way through the 1st. The problem I see, I like the (more or less)
4th best receiver, 5th best CB, 5th best RB, etc. It seems there really is little difference from the 1st and 2nd round talent. I would not be at all surprised if most of the 1st round disappoints while the great picks come from 2nd and on.....

I really like the depth of WR & RB in this draft. I think the 2nd round could have multiple quality ILB's. The top OLB's will be picked early and often.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the depth of WR & RB in this draft. I think the 2nd round could have multiple quality ILB's. The top OLB's will be picked early and often.
This is what I'm hearing some analysts pick a guy top ten while another has him late. Players are all over the board so if this is the case why not trade back get the same talent level and an extra pick? Unless of course a true stud falls to you. Why reach especially since the Fins can be flexible for the most part?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm hearing some analysts pick a guy top ten while another has him late. Players are all over the board so if this is the case why not trade back get the same talent level and an extra pick? Unless of course a true stud falls to you. Why reach especially since the Fins can be flexible for the most part?
Parker was not much of a reach - if at all. What about Green Bay taking a 96th rated WR and picking him in the 1st? Linebackers did not go much and there are a lot of good O-guards left. The DB I want is hanging around......

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker was not much of a reach - if at all. What about Green Bay taking a 96th rated WR and picking him in the 1st? Linebackers did not go much and there are a lot of good O-guards left. The DB I want is hanging around......
Parker is the one guy I really wanted so no problem with taking him. I kept thinking don't trade back now!!! Hopefully a good ILB or G is still there in the second...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one of the top ILB or G is there I take them if not trade back in the 2nd round...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins just selected DT Jordan Phillips. He is the missing piece to a dominant Dline along with Suh. Phillips will stuff the run & also make other players better. The Fins have very good depth with the other DT's on the roster. The Fins also picked up another 5th round pick with the trade.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 5ths as they gave up their 6th. ILB's were all taken I didn't mind the trade back due to this. They obviously didn't like Perryman. Could have went G but DT was rated higher and the dline is possibly the best in the NFL now. You can't double team everyone.

I think that they'll find a G in the 4th may use one 5th to trade up if needed. Will be interesting tomorrow...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Fins just had the best draft that they have had in years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Fins just had the best draft that they have had in years.
I was wondering what you thought about it and for the most part I like it too. If you can't get a good ILB then you must have a strong line.

The rest of the draft is pretty solid as they found many needs. Plus signed a bunch of LB's after that could step up. I'm really hoping for Tripp and McCain to surprise this year at LB.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good UFA's LB's that the Fins have brought in to compete for an OLB or ILB spot. The Fins also have some good returning talent: McCain has a lot of potential at OLB. Jenkins was very productive last year at OLB. Misi, and the coaching staff that believes in him will have no excuses if he doesn't play well at ILB with Suh & Phillips/Mitchell playing in front of him keeping blockers off of him so that he can make plays. He may be up for the task. We'll see. The Fins couldn't fill every need with the draft. I think they did very well overall though. I think that RB Jay Ajayi could be one of the biggest steals. He will help to improve the Fins scoring in the red zone and the team's ability to keep drives going. He's not just a power back. He may be the best pass catching RB from this draft. I think that DT Phillips has the talent to be a big time impact (especially vs the run) He wont be dealing with double teams much playing next to Suh. Lippett is an intriguing prospect. With his size and ball skills as a former WR he could become an elite CB within a few years. McCain, Thompson, and Douglas will bring some competition for starting spots and depth to the team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all homers......

Objectively all of the AFC East teams improved. I think that the Pats had a good draft too. It will come down to which team makes plays during the games. The Fins picked multiple guys with starter level talent. It will be an interesting season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most experts are giving the Fins top marks for their offseason...Not just the fans. But who knows with them. If they can score Collins that would be huge you'd think that he'd want to stay south and why pick Dallas with their line? He could start in Miami.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we didnt draft a Kicker, but Miami sure needs to bring in someone else. Sturgis is just terrible.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he matures..but I agree bring in that potter guy he was money!

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Collins signed with Dallas. its weird, it was being reported he was going to be visiting the Dolphins tomorrow and now its he signed with Dallas.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Collins signed with Dallas. its weird, it was being reported he was going to be visiting the Dolphins tomorrow and now its he signed with Dallas.
I heard that he was a boys fan and Jones gave him all guaranteed money so a bit of a risk on their part if he is actually guilty. Either way too bad move on I think they’ll be fine Thomas has another year under his belt and can focus on G. Turner seems ready...and if they aren’t there is a lot of competition.