• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the draft were today, the Fins would have the 18th pick in the draft. It would be nice if the Dolphins had another pick or two in the first round - obviously that would come via a trade, but Fins have very few guys that other teams desire be it due to contract or just not good enough - and guys that they shouldnt trade just yet. Dont need to rebuild - just reload, reshuffle.

LB’s needs to be the main priority - I will be a homer and say the Fins should draft Denzel Perryman from The U.

We need to get even younger by going after secondary guys in the draft, or look for such guys in FA - For every good moment Grimes and Finnegan have had, they have been picked on just as many times - their injury history and age is a contributor to that. Dont think they can hold up for very much longer with the workload they get.

Priorities should be LB, CB - then you can add QB, RB, TE and WR for depth purposes. Oh, and a DC if at all possible.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the draft were today, the Fins would have the 18th pick in the draft. It would be nice if the Dolphins had another pick or two in the first round - obviously that would come via a trade, but Fins have very few guys that other teams desire be it due to contract or just not good enough - and guys that they shouldnt trade just yet. Dont need to rebuild - just reload, reshuffle.

LB’s needs to be the main priority - I will be a homer and say the Fins should draft Denzel Perryman from The U.

We need to get even younger by going after secondary guys in the draft, or look for such guys in FA - For every good moment Grimes and Finnegan have had, they have been picked on just as many times - their injury history and age is a contributor to that. Dont think they can hold up for very much longer with the workload they get.

Priorities should be LB, CB - then you can add QB, RB, TE and WR for depth purposes. Oh, and a DC if at all possible.

I respectfully disagree, no offense. I think their most glaring need as of this moment has GOT to be offensive line. When our offensive line was doing really well(pre-Albert injury), our offense was really starting to click. Our defense wasn't getting tired due to not having to be on the field as much, and I really believe our linebacking corps(minus Wheeler and Ellerby) will be very improved. Misi should be completely healed next year, Jenkins will be a beast, and I still believe McCain and Tripp could be very good. If there is a stud O-lineman still on the board(regardless of positon), I say we take him. The only way we should go BPA is if there is an absolute STUD at a position that for whatever reason nobody has selected. Our offensive line desperately needs 1-2 more quality guys. Dallas Thomas is a joke, and who knows if Albert will even return to form. Gonna be yet another loooooooong, tumultuous offseason for the Fins. Shocker.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disrespectfully disagree, You had one of the best linebacker corps in football at the beginning of the season. You had a lot of injuries.
Do you really want to be one of those teams that keeps starting over?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had some injuries at OL, I think we can fix that by simply getting healthy. I dont think we need a complete makeover through the draft to address that particular position.

Anyhow, Melvin Gordon continues to be projected as the draft pick at 16 for the Fins. Would probably be the best value pick and best available at the time.

2015 NFL Mock Draft: Heisman winners Mariota, Winston remain on top - CBSSports.com

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when healthy and Satele at C Pouncey at G they are short a good G. They may not even resign Satele and the other G's so they may need two G's. They could find one in FA as well.

Either way they could go BPA in the first for a few positions. It's not like they have other major needs as depth is the biggest issue but this offseason will allow them to improve star power as well. If they come across a wicked MLB, S, TE, WR they may snag them you just don't want your first rounder sitting on the bench. Speaking of that they need to find a better role for Jordan to allow him to shine... I'd also find a power back but later in the draft or FA. In hindsight Gray should have stayed as he would have fit that role.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins need a top DT from the draft. If Eddie Goldman of FSU is available at the Fins' first pick he should be a consideration. He has made clutch plays for his team. He's a big DT at 320lbs which could help to clog the running lanes. He's also active at getting tackles including sacks. I was thinking CB with the first pick but the Fins need to stop the run better as a top priority. CB would be my second choice or LB.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another DT for the Fins to consider is Danny Shelton of Washington. He is a very disruptive player at 6'2 332 lbs.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hickey has shown that he can add talent to the team. He'll need another good draft to help the team take the next step. He hit two homeruns with his first two picks in the last draft & he has guys that have made an impact that were picked late Fede in the 7th & Williams was undrafted. His middle picks haven't been stellar so far but these guys may make more of an impact next year or at least provide depth. I have watched the Pats build their franchise during their championship years 2001, 2003, and 2004. They added Dlinemen with their first picks during those years. (Seymour, Warren, Wilfork) Hickey was a part of a championship team that had DT Warren Sapp. The Fins need to make the most of their mid first round pick by adding the best DT available. Pressure up the middle is the best way to affect a QB like Brady & it disrupts a team’s running game.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O line, secondary & RB backup needed

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O line, secondary & RB backup needed

Hopefully LT Albert recovers well, if so the OT starter positions are set. Quality depth is needed. I agree on your other recommendations also. The Fins defense needs to get better. I'd like to see a DT in the middle of the Fins DLine causing havoc to opposing offenses.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Albert is out but they still need a major overhaul on the oline. Put Pouncey back at center and find two guards that are durable. hopefully some of the young guys can improve and at least be decent back ups. Just look at Dallas fix the oline and all of a sudden your whole offense looks better.

D is a whole other topic. They definitely need a middle LB, run stuffing DT, S and another CB as Finn is done. You have to hope Taylor and Davis can improve as that would be huge.

Either way is the coaching good enough? Rex out coached Philbin and he's probably fired tomorrow. Coyles D looked lost at times but again a lot of that has to do with the secondary injured Finn played hurt and killed them. Can't blame Lazor as the oline is a mess right now but he should have called more screens to relieve some pressure. When the going gets tough this team has a habit of disappearing which isn't a good sign...oh well better draft pick.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Albert is out but they still need a major overhaul on the oline. Put Pouncey back at center and find two guards that are durable. hopefully some of the young guys can improve and at least be decent back ups. Just look at Dallas fix the oline and all of a sudden your whole offense looks better.

D is a whole other topic. They definitely need a middle LB, run stuffing DT, S and another CB as Finn is done. You have to hope Taylor and Davis can improve as that would be huge.

Either way is the coaching good enough? Rex out coached Philbin and he's probably fired tomorrow. Coyles D looked lost at times but again a lot of that has to do with the secondary injured Finn played hurt and killed them. Can't blame Lazor as the oline is a mess right now but he should have called more screens to relieve some pressure. When the going gets tough this team has a habit of disappearing which isn't a good sign...oh well better draft pick.

Adding veteran OG's worked out better this year than last year's team. I think veteran OG's are a good choice because they are proven. Protecting Tannehill is top priority. I think adding a veteran OT backup would be a good move also. The team gave up less sacks this year even with Albert being injured. If he comes back healthy I really like the talent at both OT spots. The Fins don't need a rookie on the oline with an early draft pick. There is a learning curve with rookies. J James was more of an exception. He stepped right in & was effective The Fins' loss today is a disappointment however it will mean better draft picks. I hope the Fins pick the best available DT with the first pick and then the best CB available with the second pick. Another excellent CB could keep players like Decker from having career days. A talented CB would make a huge difference for the Fins defense. The other draft picks should be BPA between LB, RB, Oline. The team will also need a backup QB. I anticipate Moore will be gone. He is way too high priced to be a backup. If a proven DC is available it's worth consideration otherwise Coyle's future would probably depend on the Fins making the playoffs in 2015 just like Philbin's future depends on that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some good comments on the draft lately. Some people believe if you go G first round you'll have a plug and play and be solid for a decade. Others have said that if you go G the ceiling is only so high and you receive more impact at positions like DT, MLB, S or CB. I'm kind of torn as I believe that if the oline is fixed the whole offense will be that much better not just one player. I think that the best strategy is to simply find the best players in FA no matter the position but focus on your needs. Then in the draft go BPA first round filling in the holes in the latter rounds. Then finally filling in any gaps during the June cuts. Thoughts???

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some good comments on the draft lately. Some people believe if you go G first round you'll have a plug and play and be solid for a decade. Others have said that if you go G the ceiling is only so high and you receive more impact at positions like DT, MLB, S or CB. I'm kind of torn as I believe that if the oline is fixed the whole offense will be that much better not just one player. I think that the best strategy is to simply find the best players in FA no matter the position but focus on your needs. Then in the draft go BPA first round filling in the holes in the latter rounds. Then finally filling in any gaps during the June cuts. Thoughts???

At #14 that would be too high of a pick for a guard. Even Logan Mankins who was the best OG the Pats have ever had according to Belichick was available at pick #32 when he was drafted. LT's are picked that high and higher yet the Fins have good OT's. Albert will be back at some point. I think that the Fins will save money at positions like backup QB & WR and be able to add at least 1 UFA OG. They have some guys on the roster that could compete for the other OG spot. Plus the Fins could draft another OG in the middle rounds to compete for a spot. I think the Fins should use their top draft picks to improve the defense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree go BPA in the first on D unless there is a sick and I mean sick tall WR that falls to them. I'd also look into dropping back in the draft acquiring an extra pick. At some point they'll need to draft another G but hopefully they find one or two in FA.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot can change between now and the draft due to FA & the combine yet at this point I have a clear early draft favorite: DT Danny Shelton, he would be a disruptive force. He may not be available at pick #14 though. If not, another top DT or CB could be the best choice. FlyerFinFan, as you mention if there is an absolute future star at WR that is worth considering but only if the Fins have landed some quality FA's to upgrade the defense. I'd like to see the Fins land a run stuffing ILB with pass coverage skills in the early rounds. The Fins really need another safety too. Unless Moore takes a big time hometown discount a mid round pick on a QB to develop would be a good decision if the Fins haven't signed another quality veteran QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At #14 that would be too high of a pick for a guard. Even Logan Mankins who was the best OG the Pats have ever had according to Belichick was available at pick #32 when he was drafted. LT's are picked that high and higher yet the Fins have good OT's. Albert will be back at some point. I think that the Fins will save money at positions like backup QB & WR and be able to add at least 1 UFA OG. They have some guys on the roster that could compete for the other OG spot. Plus the Fins could draft another OG in the middle rounds to compete for a spot. I think the Fins should use their top draft picks to improve the defense.

Plenty of good Guards in this draft. Plug and play guards are too expensive for their impact. You will be able to get a good one late in the draft for depth and a future starter.....Now a plug and play tackle? Priceless......

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of good Guards in this draft. Plug and play guards are too expensive for their impact. You will be able to get a good one late in the draft for depth and a future starter.....Now a plug and play tackle? Priceless......

That's true. Plus the Fins may have another starting OG in Turner. The Fins are set at starting OT's when Albert gets healthy. The Fins need to make sure they have quality depth at that position though. The Pats have drafted some very good DT's through the years. Seymour & Wilfork are two good examples of impact players.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the Combine a few players really helped themselves. I am more certain now that CB Trae Waynes could be a good choice if he's still available at #14. Unless there is a DT that the team really likes that's available, T Waynes could be a good choice. The Fins have been a different defense when CB's have played well opposite Grimes. CB could become a position of strength instead of uncertainty for the Fins. Another intriguing option could be Vic Beasley. I really like what he showed in his efforts. He's obviously worked hard to prove himself. I have no doubt that he will be a solid OLB, the question I have is who will be the run stuffing ILB that the team needs. Is it Beasley or a healthy Misi?

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for posting a little bit 'off topic', but is anyone else here maybe just a little bit concerned that our pathetically inept coaching staff STILL is yet to find a place for Dion Jordan? I mean.....he would be pretty much all world on any team in the league....except for the Dolphins. Oliver Vernon had like, 10 flippin' sacks last year....is he REALLY that much better(if at all) than Jordan? Cam Wake had a so-so year....he definitely faded down the stretch. Dion can't get more snaps at end? I find myself ANXIOUS for EVERY COACH(perhaps besides Lazor) to be fired in Miami. Don't mean to get on a tangent, but now apparently Miami is talking about shipping Wallace out of town.....for what? A 4th and a future 7th? The guy has 47 touchdowns in 7 yrs, but heaven forbid he disagreed with our head coach(Odrick is probably the next to go). Until this damn franchise stops rewarding mediocrity, it will only continue. If I were Wallace, I would be demanding a trade. Dammit I just continue to be amazed at how much of a fucking joke this team has become. Just wow....