• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have some vets that they have brought in to compete. Plus Dallas Thomas could become a better OG then an OT. Turner has a lot of potential as an OG. He had plenty of time last year to learn. He may prove to be a good player. I think that Collins would have helped yet the Fins really need to find strarting OG's. I never liked the idea of moving J James to OG to entice Collins by giving him the RT spot. J James is a very good RT that has earned that spot. If/when Albert is healthy at LT the Fins may be alright on the Oline.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have some vets that they have brought in to compete. Plus Dallas Thomas could become a better OG then an OT. Turner has a lot of potential as an OG. He had plenty of time last year to learn. He may prove to be a good player. I think that Collins would have helped yet the Fins really need to find strarting OG's. I never liked the idea of moving J James to OG to entice Collins by giving him the RT spot. J James is a very good RT that has earned that spot. If/when Albert is healthy at LT the Fins may be alright on the Oline.
I think that you hit it dead on with Thomas he's been moved around a lot and sticking him at one position G so he can settle in will help him. He has two good players on either side of him too. I think Thomas will be fine but if someone beats him out then so be it let the best man win.

I'm hoping for the same thing at MLB wouldn't it be great if one of the kids flat out win the job? This would allow Misi to bump outside or back up making the group stronger.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At OG Jamil Douglas will have an opportunity to win a spot. He moves well but he has a lot to prove being a rookie. At least one of those OG spots is wide open. It would not surprise me if Turner plays real well. The Fins OG's will be practicing against the best DT in the league so they should be ready for games. The Fins coaching staff could shine if they are able to solidify the Oline. The Fins are stacked at WR, hopefully, Tannehill will have the time he needs to throw.

At MLB the Fins could have some very good competition. Mike Hull is a tackling machine & having a big Dline in front of him could allow him to make lots of tackles even with his smaller size. Zach Vigil is a big run stuffer that the Fins should also keep on the roster to develop if he doesn't win a spot. Sheppard is also another possibility at MLB. The Fins deserve credit for landing both Hull and Vigil. They are talented players.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to Hull and Vigil the Fins landed Jeff Luc. He is a classic run stuffing LB. He is 251lb. For a guy his size he had a lot of tackles last year. He had 134 tackles including 10 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks for Cincinnati last year. It will be intriguing to see which ones of these LB's make the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to Hull and Vigil the Fins landed Jeff Luc. He is a classic run stuffing LB. He is 251lb. For a guy his size he had a lot of tackles last year. He had 134 tackles including 10 tackles for loss and 6.5 sacks for Cincinnati last year. It will be intriguing to see which ones of these LB's make the team.
You would think at least one of them earns a spot due to good play. I just hope that one performs exceptionally well at MLB and wins the job for years to come!