• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newton's reply to SB Interview Exit

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton defends himself, says he's 'sore loser'

Wow - interesting replies. Cam Newton just appears to be digging a deeper hole for himself.

Cam says "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". But he said it right after he admitted to being a sore loser. So couldn't he also say "show me a SORE loser and I'll show you a loser"? Public relations aren't this guys strong suit.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he's being honest...who doesn't hate losing?

You can lose w/ dignity, or lose without it, but you still lost.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue is that he doesn't really win with much dignity either. And expects everyone to just accept it.

Ftr, I've always liked Cam. But I was dissapointed that he didn't show some growth and take the loss on the chin.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His comments about the fumble had a very "For who? For what" feel to them.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Redskins fan I saw similar traits with RG3. I was a huge fan of his (& still wish the best for him elsewhere). However - that was another case where I believe that he should have carried himself better. Hopefully - this is all part of the maturation process for Newton. Being honest is one thing - being a complete jerk is quite another. Why would it be so hard for him to just say something like "I apologize for not handling the situation better. Congrats to the Broncos"?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least he owns his personality, and he's not going to change for anybody. I guess if the team has nothing against it, then everything is fine for them. But to be honest, it's hard for me to defend him anymore after what happened in the SB.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton doubled down on the stupidity. He didn't dive for the football because he might get injured? It's the Super Bowl. There is no tomorrow.

But at least he recognized that he's a sore loser. What would worry me if I was a Panthers fan is that it doesn't seem like he's learned from this at all.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being honest is one thing - being a complete jerk is quite another. Why would it be so hard for him to just say something like "I apologize for not handling the situation better. Congrats to the Broncos"?

Yeah, I have no defense for why you wouldn't congratulate the other team, even if it's so horribly distasteful to you. Losing is supposed to be distasteful, when you think about it. It should be what motivates you to work harder. But you HAVE to tip your cap to the team that outplays you.

Rivera handled his post-game interview well, i thought.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't remember a losing SB qb ever acting like this. Cam needs to grow up, he's not in HS anymore.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no defense for why you wouldn't congratulate the other team, even if it's so horribly distasteful to you. Losing is supposed to be distasteful, when you think about it. It should be what motivates you to work harder. But you HAVE to tip your cap to the team that outplays you.

Rivera, Kuechly, everyone I saw handled themselves well, except for Newton.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jog my memory, please.

Ricky Watters, while playing for the Eagles, was asked why he didn't outstretch his arms to catch a pass over the middle. His response was "For who? For what?" suggesting that it wasn't worth it to him to make the effort to catch the ball.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Lombardi quote - he's still a nozzle, but well played in that regard.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Watters, while playing for the Eagles, was asked why he didn't outstretch his arms to catch a pass over the middle. His response was "For who? For what?" suggesting that it wasn't worth it to him to make the effort to catch the ball.
Oh yeah, I remember now. Thank you.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy makes how many million a year?

Fucking buck up and be a man. This is part of why you earn that fat paycheck.

I didn't think it was possible for him to make things worse after that game and here we are. He's now going to nearly surpass Brady in the QB hate department. Well, maybe not for @HammerDown, but for most everyone else and that's quite a feat considering his only crime is being maybe the biggest douche after a loss ever.

This guy doesn't get it, can't get it, won't get it. He is who he appears to be and doesn't seem to have any desire to mature at all.

What a complete and utter joke this clown is.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivera is a classy guy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real defense for his actions on the podium afterward was that the league shouldn't have put the losing QB in a room full of other interviews at the same time where he could hear one of the winning teams players talking about how they shut him down. That was wrong. Cam should have been in the main room in front of the big guys.

But that's not what he talks about, rather he manages to make things worse by admitting he's a total poor sport and suggesting throwing tantrums and acting like a baby means he's somehow not a loser. :L

Further, he admits to being a complete pussy for not going after that fumble and is entirely ok with it. He says that fumble wasn't the reason they lost. And maybe that's true, but now his locker room knows how far he isn't willing to go to get every last yard when the league championship is on the line. You expect his teammates now to put their health on the line for him next season? He totally quit on the team. He checked out.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy makes how many million a year?

Fucking buck up and be a man. This is part of why you earn that fat paycheck.

I didn't think it was possible for him to make things worse after that game and here we are. He's now going to nearly surpass Brady in the QB hate department. Well, maybe not for @HammerDown, but for most everyone else and that's quite a feat considering his only crime is being maybe the biggest douche after a loss ever.

This guy doesn't get it, can't get it, won't get it. He is who he appears to be and doesn't seem to have any desire to mature at all.

What a complete and utter joke this clown is.

I have a modicum of respect for Brady.

I have zero for Newton.

He's everything that's wrong with football.