• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newton's reply to SB Interview Exit

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

NFL is filled with shady characters with questionable attitudes.
And thank God for it. What else would this site have to bitch and troll about if it was full of nothing but classy and honorable players?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've got no more tears to cry,'' Newton said. "I've obviously had a lot of time to think about it. I've seen so much blown out of proportion.

"At the end of the day, when you invest so much time and sacrifice so much and things don't go as planned, the emotions take over. That's what happens. As far as trying to be like this person, trying to be like that person ... the truth of the matter is I'm not trying to be like this person.

"This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person. I said it since day one. I am who I am. I know what I'm capable of and I know where I'm going. I don't have to conform to anybody else's wants for me to do. I'm not that guy."

He can't use the words "invest and sacrifice" when he didn't "sacrifice everything he could in order to get the ball back when he fumbled it twice...

But I will give him the credit for somewhat trying to explain what he did during the press conference. However, he could have handled himself better...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

NFL is filled with shady characters with questionable attitudes.

A perfectly valid perspective. As long as you believe the same regarding everyone.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but but but but what about the children that look up to these guy's (sarcasm).. people need to get a life dont they ? im with you who fuckin cares

Exactly. If kids are "looking up" to NFL players then their parents need to talk to them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I haven't seen anyone suggesting Cam is a douche waffle because kids look up to him. That's a tired old cliche.

He's a very very very well paid athlete at the position where most expect a sort of presidential demeanor off the field. He makes that money because of the pressure and expectations. Buck up and deal with being paraded around after your loss. It's part of that big fat fucking paycheck. Be a man. Earn your pay.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Show me a sore loser and I'll show you a winner."

~ Newton

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I haven't seen anyone suggesting Cam is a douche waffle because kids look up to him. That's a tired old cliche.

He's a very very very well paid athlete at the position where most expect a sort of presidential demeanor off the field. He makes that money because of the pressure and expectations. Buck up and deal with being paraded around after your loss. It's part of that big fat fucking paycheck. Be a man. Earn your pay.
you didnt notice the (sarcasm) in the origional post (22) did you ? but then again it's coming from some idiot somewhere just wait for it ... it will happen

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no defense for why you wouldn't congratulate the other team, even if it's so horribly distasteful to you. Losing is supposed to be distasteful, when you think about it. It should be what motivates you to work harder. But you HAVE to tip your cap to the team that outplays you.

Rivera handled his post-game interview well, i thought.

I'm neither a Cam fan or Cam hater...local kid so I wanted to see him do well in the game, but they were outplayed by a team that may have been better prepared as well...out of respect for competition, yes, you do need to congratulate the winners.

I saw Cam on the field talking with Manning after the game...I assume it wasn't about dinner plans...he said his piece and left the field. On the post game media session...no question, he could've and should've handled that better, but I'm not going to kill him over it...he's not the 1st player to walk out of a presser....just the last one to do it.

For whatever reason people want Cam to be like ____________________ and he's not conforming to that...makes it easy to not like the guy. On the other hand you have a guy like Manning, the ah shucks guy, does and says all the right things...much easier to like a guy like that.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam
You need to look in the mirror and take a deep breath and ask yourself 1 question. What kind of persona do I want to project? If its the all smiles and selfies and silliness when winning and then when you take a azz whooping you get all I'm taking my ball home because we did not win acting like a petulant child . Then keep going down the road your on.

This is the NFL and you were selected the league MVP and then acted like a 10 year old that just had his lunch money taken when you lost to the Broncos. Your behavior like it or not will be looked at under a microscope. You brought a bunch of this on yourself with your actions during the season and your proclamations the week before the SB.
Sux it up and face the music when losing the same way you smile and gloat when winning or keep you big mouth shut if its going to overload your canary sized azz when you lose.

Sorry but you cant have it both ways

Cam you stated . "This is a great league with or without me. I am my own person. I said it since day one. I am who I am. I know what I'm capable of and I know where I'm going. I don't have to conform to anybody else's wants for me to do. I'm not that guy."

That statement tell me you don't have a clue about what's going on or where you are going. The only constant in Life is change that's fact.

Grow-up and Own up Cam or get left behind.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least he owns his personality, and he's not going to change for anybody. I guess if the team has nothing against it, then everything is fine for them. But to be honest, it's hard for me to defend him anymore after what happened in the SB.

He actually has no control of it Jake...He acts like a spoiled brat kid...Think about this, during the games he was winning ,he and his team mates were Dabbin in the opponents face all during the games and gathering on the sidelines taking pictures of taunting poses at the other teams and such...Remember the discussions on his excessive celebrating ?
Now in the biggest game in football, he walks off an interview because he could hear a Broncos fan doing an interview next to him talking about how they shut him down....
I was brought up as most with the saying, "don't dish it out if you can't take it"...
He's too immature and spoiled to act like an NFL Pro, reminds me very much of RG3....
As I said before, the read option style don't last at the NFL level, they put a new twist to it but these are some brilliant coaches at this level and they will figure it out before long, and they just did that one...
Russel Wilson has done better with his version than any and it's no doubt because he only uses it when he has to and is a high character person that knows how to handle life like a grown man and holds himself accountable to his team mates as they do him....Night and Day difference !!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel doesn't get a fraction of the hate that Cam does. I find that a little odd and even disturbing.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, the read option style don't last at the NFL level, they put a new twist to it but these are some brilliant coaches at this level and they will figure it out before long, and they just did that one...

Cam is learning how to play from the pocket. He knows he will not be able to tuck and run forever, or he's going to have a short career. He simply did not have enough time in the pocket during this game to relax and make his throws. His O-line had given him lots of protection prior to this game.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is that he doesn't really win with much dignity either. And expects everyone to just accept it.

Ftr, I've always liked Cam. But I was dissapointed that he didn't show some growth and take the loss on the chin.
Totally agree, let's see if Cam will mature in the future.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton is a very talented QB. I appreciate his talent and the "fun" he seems to have playing the game. He had a great season and earned the MVP award. But, he needs to "man up" and learn to be a good sport in defeat. As has been discussed endlessly, his entire demeanor in the post game interview was that of a petulant child. And, today, he compounded the problem by saying, in effect, "F*** you! I am who I am, and I'm not going to change."
Okay, then. Most people eventually grow up unless, of course, their bad behavior enabled and validated, and they see themselves as entitled to behave that way. Cam Newton needs get a grip.