• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newton's reply to SB Interview Exit

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say so wrong today? He was being honest. Guess you guys rather fake people who say shit they don't even believe. I had no issue with how he handled himself today.

Its called being a professional. Great - he was honest, and I can respect that to a degree. However - being a pro & especially an NFL QB you should conduct yourself in a certain manner whether you win or lose. Look at how the Vikings kicker handled his situation. He could have easily bolted the locker room or gave short, snotty answers to all questions. However - he stood there & took the blame for everything, and most people respect that.

Eventually I believe that Newton will figure this out. He had a chance to redeem himself but choose to continue to act like a baby. We all deal with people we don't like in our personal & professional lives. Sometimes it is better to make amends & also admit that you are wrong. It is a part of growing up - hopefully he figures this out.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine. I understand he didn't want to be there listening to the Broncos corners talking about how they beat him right behind him. And I'm fine with a guy who gets pissed about losing.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine. I understand he didn't want to be there listening to the Broncos corners talking about how they beat him right behind him. And I'm fine with a guy who gets pissed about losing.

I can understand that, but I guess that losing doesn't affect him to the pt of oh say trying to recover a fumble in the biggest game of the year while your teammate plays with a stiched up, broken arm.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all deal with people we don't like in our personal & professional lives. Sometimes it is better to make amends & also admit that you are wrong. It is a part of growing up - hopefully he figures this out.

I think Newton probably does with the people he deals with in both his personal and professional lives. Why would you assume he doesn't? I'm not sure his teammates would love him if he didn't.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Newton probably does with the people he deals with in both his personal and professional lives. Why would you assume he doesn't? I'm not sure his teammates would love him if he didn't.

Did I state the he doesn't act this way all of the time or in other situations? If he does as you indicate then it shouldn't be a big deal to do this on a larger stage. As I alluded to - perhaps he won't at this time, but I feel pretty confident that he will mature & act differently in the future in similar situations. Time will tell.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically Cam doesn't have respect for the game and the other players that play in this league...mkay Cam. You are a fucking joke.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the greatest and Cam is having respect for the game when you do lose. He's right nobody is perfect and I'm sure most have took a loss bad at one time or another, but you running your mouth more isn't making this better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hilarious part of this is he says, "I'm here to win football games". Then why in the fuck did you not dive for the ball with 6 minutes to go down by 6 in the game of all games, the Super Bowl. :laugh3:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that, but I guess that losing doesn't affect him to the pt of oh say trying to recover a fumble in the biggest game of the year while your teammate plays with a stiched up, broken arm.

And Brady gave up on chasing down the turnover earlier in the playoffs while Gronk plays on a bad knee. Manning drops to the ground when he see's a defender running at him.

It's a play, sure a big one, but talking 1/4 a second to read and react to that, don't know what he saw or was thinking.

I did see him multiple times hold onto the ball until the last second taking hits trying to wait for guys to get open, and keep in bounds a few times and take hits instead of slide late, so not buying that he was afraid to take a hit to win the game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brady gave up on chasing down the turnover earlier in the playoffs while Gronk plays on a bad knee. Manning drops to the ground when he see's a defender running at him.

It's a play, sure a big one, but talking 1/4 a second to read and react to that, don't know what he saw or was thinking.

I did see him multiple times hold onto the ball until the last second taking hits trying to wait for guys to get open, and keep in bounds a few times and take hits instead of slide late, so not buying that he was afraid to take a hit to win the game.

I could agree with your pt if Newton had basically not opened his mouth on this yesterday. He basically admitted that he didn't go after the ball due to injury concerns which indicates that he thought about it & decided to not make the effort - no guesswork on this one. I am kind of confused on why he choose this type of reply. It almost seems like he is actually trying to piss people off or feed some of his fans who will support him no matter if he is wrong (& these folks basically view him as God).

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could agree with your pt if Newton had basically not opened his mouth on this yesterday. He basically admitted that he didn't go after the ball due to injury concerns which indicates that he thought about it & decided to not make the effort - no guesswork on this one. I am kind of confused on why he choose this type of reply. It almost seems like he is actually trying to piss people off or feed some of his fans who will support him no matter if he is wrong (& these folks basically view him as God).

Oh, didn't see him say that was the reason... I thought he said because of how his leg was contorted at the time, and people ran with that being him saying injury concern. I guess... I've seen plenty of all-time WR's short arm throws, plenty of all-time QB's give up on plays early, he obviously didn't say the right thing, but whatever...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, didn't see him say that was the reason... I thought he said because of how his leg was contorted at the time, and people ran with that being him saying injury concern. I guess... I've seen plenty of all-time WR's short arm throws, plenty of all-time QB's give up on plays early, he obviously didn't say the right thing, but whatever...

You are right, he did say that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I remember now. Thank you.

Years later, the Mets had the bases loaded with two outs in the top of the first against the Phillies. And Aaron Rowand chases down a ball hit over his head, catching it as he smashes his face into the top of the (at that time unpadded) metal fence breaking his nose and bleeding immediately.

When he was available to the media an astute member asked him the infamous question "For who? For what?" The response from Aaron was a very sincere (unaware of the significance of the question) "For my teammates, and to win." It was a beautiful moment contrasting the divas in our sports' world with the guys that play it to the max, balls out.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is learning how to play from the pocket. He knows he will not be able to tuck and run forever, or he's going to have a short career. He simply did not have enough time in the pocket during this game to relax and make his throws. His O-line had given him lots of protection prior to this game.
As a Seahawks fan watching the SB, I kept thinking" "Welcome to Russell Wilson's world, Cam."

Before the SB, in every game that I watched Cam ply this year, I was drooling over the pass protection that he was enjoying. I'm not sure which teams stand out as having top pass-protecting O-Lines, but it sure must be nice.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Seahawks fan watching the SB, I kept thinking" "Welcome to Russell Wilson's world, Cam."

Before the SB, in every game that I watched Cam ply this year, I was drooling over the pass protection that he was enjoying. I'm not sure which teams stand out as having top pass-protecting O-Lines, but it sure must be nice.
Next season will be interesting for Cam and the Panthers. They have a very rough schedule and must play some teams that rush the QB. Let's see if Cam's O- line can protect him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season will be interesting for Cam and the Panthers. They have a very rough schedule and must play some teams that rush the QB. Let's see if Cam's O- line can protect him.

How Have Teams Performed After Appearing in the Super Bowl?

The last team to lose the SB and reappear in the SB the following year was the Bills in 1992. The list at the bottom of this link will show you that the following year has not been kind to these teams (doesn't show Broncos from a few years ago or current Seahawks who both exited in earlier round playoff games).

A lot of these teams no doubt were considered up & comers and thought that they were on their way to a championship the following year. However - it is tough due to several factors including the ones you offer plus the fact that everyone is gunning for you & multiple injuries could also take a major toll.