• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Newton's reply to SB Interview Exit

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perception was far from mine alone. Loads of people have accused him of playing the race card in that instance. What is there not to understand about a black QB? The Broncos certainly weren't afraid.
Actually, his defining himself as an african american opened up the chance for others to bring up race. He opened the door, but didn't exactly say that himself. It sparked reporters, pundits, fans, bloggers, etc to chime in and bring up race.

He said it was an unfortunate use of words and was frustrated by having to discuss it in those terms.

It was others that made this a race issue IMO, not Cam. He simply said the words that led to it.

He's a poor winner that taunts opposing fans and rubs things into people's faces and he's now a super poor loser and it appears he's entirely fine with being labeled by both. His color isn't relevant to those true and accurate labels.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the whole "racist" thing was a misperception by some. People just went there. I'm not saying I agree with what he said, I just think people made more of it then it was.

I agree with you that some people did make more of it than what it was. First and foremost being Cam Newton.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, his defining himself as an african american opened up the chance for others to bring up race. He opened the door, but didn't exactly say that himself. It sparked reporters, pundits, fans, bloggers, etc to chime in and bring up race.

He said it was an unfortunate use of words and was frustrated by having to discuss it in those terms.

It was others that made this a race issue IMO, not Cam. He simply said the words that led to it.

He's a poor winner that taunts opposing fans and rubs things into people's faces and he's now a super poor loser and it appears he's entirely fine with being labeled by both. His color isn't relevant to those true and accurate labels.

And he didn't help himself today with the "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". The vast majority of QB's that lost the superbowl did not act like him

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't get the image of him running with the ball than sliding (giving himself up) than afterwards getting up and running again going I wasn't touched. (should have been a delay of game penalty)Than looking around like what? I'm still good to go.

Plus every-time something is going wrong you always see him with a towel on his head by himself. Never with the o-line or teammates talking about how WE are going to come back.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that some people did make more of it than what it was. First and foremost being Cam Newton.

Well you guys hate injuns so what do you know???

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he didn't help himself today with the "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". The vast majority of QB's that lost the superbowl did not act like him
Certainly not the damage control sort of response most would expect, but give him credit for being real and keeping it honest. He obviously really doesn't care about what anyone else thinks.

Honestly I don't think he's that much different from Kaepernick, just a bit more brash. Both have this weird mix of ego and contempt for the status quo for their position. We simply stopped talking about Colin when he started losing and making himself irrelevant.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not the damage control sort of response most would expect, but give him credit for being real and keeping it honest. He obviously really doesn't care about what anyone else thinks.

Honestly I don't think he's that much different from Kaepernick, just a bit more brash. Both have this weird mix of ego and contempt for the status quo for their position. We simply stopped talking about Colin when he started losing and making himself irrelevant.

He certainly doesn't seem to care if this ends up costing him endorsements which is quite possible. But at the end of the day if this is the worst thing the guy ever does it really isn't a big deal. Fun to talk about but compared to some of the criminal activity and violence we see from some athletes this is just a bump in the road.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they do. Damn bastids are taking their lands back one roulette bet at a time! What good is conquering a people and taking their shit if you give them a chance to take it back?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do. Damn bastids are taking their lands back one roulette bet at a time! What good is conquering a people and taking their shit if you give them a chance to take it back?

Certainly not when we already called "no take backs".

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He certainly doesn't seem to care if this ends up costing him endorsements which is quite possible. But at the end of the day if this is the worst thing the guy ever does it really isn't a big deal. Fun to talk about but compared to some of the criminal activity and violence we see from some athletes this is just a bump in the road.
Sure, there are others now and have always been. Cutler, Big ben, Brady and his arrogance, Johnny football, Kaepernick, Vick and his dog fighting, Jim McMahon, Namath. Asshole QB's exist and fans will always love to boo and condemn them. He's nothing more than an NFL heel like all those 'bad' WWE characters only he's real.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, there are others now and have always been. Cutler, Big ben, Brady and his arrogance, Johnny football, Kaepernick, Vick and his dog fighting, Jim McMahon, Namath. Asshole QB's exist and fans will always love to boo and condemn them. He's nothing more than an NFL heel like all those 'bad' WWE characters only he's real.

Wait a minute! Are you insinuating the WWE is not real?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is that he doesn't really win with much dignity either. And expects everyone to just accept it.

Ftr, I've always liked Cam. But I was dissapointed that he didn't show some growth and take the loss on the chin.

Bingo! He's a sore winner AND a sore loser...

PTI show said it best, Newton is a Front runner... He's all about himself, wants all the attention when things are going well but when things go bad, he turns into that spoiled brat and wants to point fingers at his teamates... A baby if you will...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least he owns his personality, and he's not going to change for anybody. I guess if the team has nothing against it, then everything is fine for them. But to be honest, it's hard for me to defend him anymore after what happened in the SB.

Problem, his team is going to start having issues with it... He'll begin losing the support and respect from his teammates... If he doesn't change, the Panther's will not be back into this same position imo...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those players are usually called out and criticized for it as well.

But the thing about Cam is, when you act like he does, with the dabbing and celebrating and all that, you put a target on yourself. People wait to see how you react when things don't go your way. And Cam handled it extremely poorly.

You ever know someone who liked to make fun of others, but then gets all upset when he gets made fun of? That's Cam. He's the kind of person who can dish it out, but can't take it.

I remember Ditka walking out of presser pissed, obviously Marshawn Lynch...we've seen implosions at pressers before with Mora, and the HC that was in AZ...Cam clearly took a step backwards in the leadership dept.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say so wrong today? He was being honest. Guess you guys rather fake people who say shit they don't even believe. I had no issue with how he handled himself today.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure you aren't thinking of it that way , but actually what you just said is the exact same to an american indian as referring to a black man as a n!ggr.....
But do you see any of them on her crying racist and whining about all their ancestors went through ?
That's the difference between strong people and weak ones....I'm just sayin' :noidea:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is still a pussy

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"ve been saying this before he said it.... But hey, you can't fix what you don't acknowledge .... When you jump around and rub in victories you better be prepared to buck up when you lose a big one.... because it's gonna happen ... losing is part of competitive sports.. If you can win good, you should lose good...