• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nemanja Nedovic working on Buy-out

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedovic led Serbia in a small European tournament (including the UK, Turkey, and Slovenia) over the last 10 days or so. Nedovic had at least 2 good games, including leading Serbia to victory over Slovenia (with Goran Dragic) in the final. In the final, he played 30 minutes, went 6-10 from the field (including 2-4 from 3-point range), 6-8 free throws, and apparently dominated Dragic, including taking 2 charges from him. Dragic ended up only playing 14 minutes.

Here's the box score from that game, though I'm not sure what language it's in, and I can only figure out the columns toward the left. It looks like he got 4 assists, but I'm not 100% sure on that. >>> LIVE <<<

I know he had another game where he got 15 points on great shooting...... seems like former NBA center Nenad Krstic wont the tournament MVP, though arguably it could have been Nedovic.

Good sign for the W's.

Good sign indeed.
:agree:

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Nope. I was referencing a tournament that took place a few weeks ago and (I think) only had 4 country teams. Currently (started today - September 4th) there's a much larger tournament, the EuroBasket tournament, that spans most of the European countries. Serbia plays 4 or 5 more times over the next week (more if they do well in their pool), so we'll have a chance to see how Nedovic does against the top teams and most of the top players in Europe. Today was a very impressive, efficient start for him.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the plan to have PG Nemanja Nedovic develop with the Santa Cruz Warriors first, OR is his skills set "mature" enough to make it as backup to Stephen Curry by start of the season? Anyone knows for sure?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the plan to have PG Nemanja Nedovic develop with the Santa Cruz Warriors first, OR is his skills set "mature" enough to make it as backup to Stephen Curry by start of the season? Anyone knows for sure?

There hasn't been a definitely answer because I believe the coaching staff won't make that determination until they see what he's got during training camp. I have the feeling they will send him to the D-League to get experience because he definitely won't be in a position to contribute right away. If during the training camp and preseason games he really excels, I could see him hanging around with the team. More likely than not, he'll probably spend a huge chunk of the year shuttling back and forth between the big and little clubs.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been a definitely answer because I believe the coaching staff won't make that determination until they see what he's got during training camp. I have the feeling they will send him to the D-League to get experience because he definitely won't be in a position to contribute right away. If during the training camp and preseason games he really excels, I could see him hanging around with the team. More likely than not, he'll probably spend a huge chunk of the year shuttling back and forth between the big and little clubs.

Why would you bring him over if that's the case? You could just wait a year. I think they see something in hkm that will have him here and playing

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would you bring him over if that's the case? You could just wait a year. I think they see something in hkm that will have him here and playing

I think this is probably right..... but on the off-chance that he comes to training camp and lays an egg, I could see him spending some time in Santa Cruz to adapt to the U.S. game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is probably right..... but on the off-chance that he comes to training camp and lays an egg, I could see him spending some time in Santa Cruz to adapt to the U.S. game.

I don't think it would be so much that he's not ready to contribute, but more so that there is too much depth for him to crack the rotation. With Bazemore developing his skills to play the 1, plus Douglas and likely AI to be getting a ton of time at the 1 as well, there is just limited opportunity for him to see the court. Playing in the D-league is mostly to allow him to get more playing time and on-court opportunities to improve his game.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo playing like a rook so far, even Fitz and Barnett were talking bad about him, Nedo tends to jump in the air and then throws the ball away.

European D. Rose? We can only hope.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo playing like a rook so far, even Fitz and Barnett were talking bad about him, Nedo tends to jump in the air and then throws the ball away.

European D. Rose? We can only hope.

I didn't like listening to that little "tough guy" routine on the radio, now after seeing what he looks like on Warrior telecasts he absolutely disgusts me.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like listening to that little "tough guy" routine on the radio, now after seeing what he looks like on Warrior telecasts he absolutely disgusts me.

He's the worst, love Roye though. It was great when he filled in last year for some games.