• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love trade talk

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This obviously is not a new idea to Warrior fans, but with Love announcing he won't re-sign and the Timberwolves saying they won't trade him till after the draft, I'm curious to see people's opinions on what they would be willing to give up and what it would realistically take to get Love. I know some think that you get Love no matter what and worry about building around Love and Curry.

The proposal I see a lot is Barnes and Lee. I don't think Minnesota would be interested in Lee and would likely want Klay and/or Draymond. I'm sure that Myers would do everything to acquire Love while keeping those two. I think Myers also was thinking ahead and when he made the trade with Utah, I know some media people questioned why he gave up 2014 and 2017 picks, but now after the draft he can trade the 2015 pick as part of the package. I think the best option is to try and move Lee in a separate deal to get some other pieces to package with Barnes and 2015 and maybe 2019 as well. They also still have a trade exception left that would allow them to take back a contract Minnesota wants to shed.

Budinger (2 years 10 mill, 2nd year is a PO) most likely guy they wanna drop.
Martin (3 years 21.255 mill) I could see us taking Martin if Klay is involved. :puke:
Shved (1 year 3.2 mill) Fallen out of favor after struggling in 2nd year.

Unless teams who Love won't sign an extension with drop out, I don't see the Warriors making a deal without Klay and/or Draymond. Love is a great talent, but this team already has depth issues, especially in the backcourt and moving a combination of Barnes, Green and Klay will only further expose this. Unless Lee can be moved for a G, I think a Love trade would be a one step back two steps forward type of move.

If the trade were Klay, Barnes Lee (or whatever Lee is moved for) and 1st for Love and Martin, I don't know how much better we would be. Martin is not a good defender and would give the Warriors a frail backcourt and weaken the 1-on-1 defense on any elite guards they face. Love is an elite rebounder, but a below average 1-on-1 defender.

Bogut/Ezeli/O'neal?
Love/ Speights
Iguodala/Green
Martin/Crawford??Nedovic?
Steph/Blake???

Not sure what else Myers would do, but that backcourt needs vast improvement if you want to be a contender in the west. Green would likely be forced to play some 3 when he would be better getting some minutes at the 4 so that Speights can sit his soft ass on the bench along with his jacking up 18ft jumpers.

Sorry for going on and on, but I just don't see how the Warriors make a deal for Love and hoping someone else can make me feel good about the possibility. I think Myers is a great GM and have faith he will make this team better, but I don't see a trade that makes sense to the Wolves without hurting the little depth we have.

Should have amnestied Andris, be real nice to have most of those 1st rounders.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad see that you guys are talking bout it in another thread

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I think about this trade, the more and more I hate it. I don't think Love is worth splitting up our core, honestly. And this is coming from a guy who'd trade David Lee for a ham sandwich.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder how Love's max contract would play with the rest of the guys, especially Curry who is only making 11 mil compared to what Love would be making(about 20 mil I would guess)

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are trading for Love, we should give up more than Lee and HB. Unless Kerr has plan for HB, which I hope he does. I think Love will go to either LAL or Boston.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad Cleveland has no love from Love :D

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I think about this trade, the more and more I hate it. I don't think Love is worth splitting up our core, honestly. And this is coming from a guy who'd trade David Lee for a ham sandwich.
That seems to undervalue Lee a bit. Does that sandwich come with any tasty sides?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a 3 way trade with us. trading lee to Orlando love and afflalo to golden state, with klay, Barnes Nelson and first round pick going to Minnesota

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what magic Myers can pull this time around. As the OP stated, Minnesota is going to want to get rid of some bad contracts, and I have no interest in getting guys like Kmart light on here.

If the trade were to involve Lee, HB, and either a pick or some player not named Curry/klay/Draymond then I'm listening. I'm not the biggest fan of Lee but he has a versatile offensive game and does have value in this league. As for Barnes, kid has potential but still hasn't develop that consistent shot nor has he developed ball handling skills that i was clamoring about when he came out of UNC. I remember the number of times HB would travel with that rocker step of his - perhaps lack of concentration but moreso the need for him to work on his handles.

A lot of this depends on how Kerr and his staff value these players, and the rest takes flight from there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee, Barnes and Thompson is way too much for Love.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee, Barnes and Thompson is way too much for Love.

This. The Warriors would also likely include their 2015 1st Rd pick in any deal. The only way all three of those players are gone is if it brings back Love and another above average started (like Afflalo).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think alot of this is a smokescreen for KLove to see what the market is like as well as the Wolves to see what is coming. I suspect he'll remain with the Wolves until next summer unless somebody offers him a boatload of cash this year and then a trade will go down.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kings-...ithout-assurance-he-ll-re-sign-015519118.html

The Sacramento Kings have let the Minnesota Timberwolves know they are interested in trading for All-Star forward Kevin Love – and the Kings would make a deal without any assurance from Love he'd re-sign with them, a league source told Yahoo Sports.

The Kings are willing to give up their eighth overall pick in this year's NBA draft and a combination of players for Love, even though he would not be expected to sign a contract extension before next season – if ever, with the rebuilding, small-market franchise, the source said. Sacramento envisions Love and DeMarcus Cousins playing alongside each other in the front court. Swingman Rudy Gay has a player's option for next season.

The Kings know they'd have to gamble on convincing Love to re-sign, given that the franchise is rebuilding and Love is looking to play for a contender after never reaching the playoffs with the Timberwolves. Love's suitors also figure to include a number of bigger markets, including the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls.

Love's representatives with Excel Sports have pushed Timberwolves president Flip Saunders to find an acceptable trade prior to the start of free agency in July. Without a trade, Love plans to opt out of his contract in the summer of 2015 and likely leave Minnesota as a free agent.

The Kings showed in their first season under new owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D'Alessandro they are willing to spend money. They acquired Gay and signed Cousins to a four-year, $62 million extension.

Sacramento struggled to a 28-54 record last season and missed the playoffs for the eighth straight season. The Kings expect to begin playing in a new downtown Sacramento arena in 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the fingerprints of part owner Shaquille O'Neal on that deal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they really going to give up major assets for Love without a guarantee that he'll resign with them? When it comes down to it I doubt it. I doubt Love would be happy with the situation either. Basically Sacramento would be condemning him to another year of frustration.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder how Love's max contract would play with the rest of the guys, especially Curry who is only making 11 mil compared to what Love would be making(about 20 mil I would guess)

Found some max contract details for those who think Love is gonna cost too much.

First is Carmelo.

carmelo.jpg

This is the scenario, this is why its a sign and trade deal for anyone that gets him. He gets the extra 30 million fifth year when he signs with new york, which is why they want the sign and trade. That fifth year is important for these guys expecting to get hurt and not be playing as well so he doesnt have to take an 8 million dollar deal in 5 years. This is because he is currently on a max deal with is current club.

With Lebron, this is the table

lebron.jpg

This is because he is currently in a less than max deal he took to play with his friends.

kevins is a real complicated deal and there isnt a simple chart like the others, but basically first set are basic sign and trade numbers that would apply

Opt out, re-sign $18,975,014 $20,398,140 $21,821,266 $23,244,392 $24,667,518
sign elsewhere $18,975,014 $19,828,889 $20,682,765 $21,536,640

Kevin Love is still under contract and would be making 15.7 next season so after that its about 107 for the next 5 years. Mind you, if somehow Curry can win the MVP, he would go into the D Rose rules and be given max numbers at 19.5 since he will have made the all star team twice.

When this all started, Minny sure seemed more interested in getting picks than players. Trading him on draft day would not make Minny take back expiring contracts. Minnesota owner keep saying he isnt planning on trading him, so in other words, they need to get blown away.

I did all that considering he wanted to go to the Warriors or Bulls, now that LA and Boston and maybe even Cleveland dangling out the #1 overall I think the bulls are out of it, even though they can give up two firsts this year, Mirotic rights and probably another #1 in 2016 (cant trade consecutive year first round picks)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is going to make sure he goes to the team he wants to play for