• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love trade talk

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is easily a top 3 SG. That said, I still trade him every day for Kevin Love.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is easily a top 3 SG. That said, I still trade him every day for Kevin Love.

I'd argue that the best 2 guard in the league is Westbrook, but I'll leave him off because that's an entirely different topic.
That's because there really is James Harden, then the rest.

Top Tier
Harden

2nd Tier
Beal
Klay
Derozen
Stephenson (crazy)
Ellis

3rd Tier
Afflalo
Ginobli

Not worth ranking...IMO
Evans
Gordon
Johnson
Waiters
etc...

Too Old to rank anymore:
Kobe
Wade

Looking at that list (Westrbook not in the list), I'd trade anyone for Love, personally. The counter argument is that we have Lee who is solid, and the depth at 2 is very thin. But I think that the "not worth ranking" guide can fill in and lose less production than you'd gain from a Lee for Love swap.

It's looking like a moot point anyway. I'd be happy to see what this roster can do with Kerr in place, though. Essentially, I trust the front office until they put a product on the court that takes a huge step back.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, where would you rank Wade?

I'd argue that the best 2 guard in the league is Westbrook, but I'll leave him off because that's an entirely different topic.
That's because there really is James Harden, then the rest.

Top Tier
Harden

2nd Tier
Beal
Klay
Derozen
Stephenson (crazy)
Ellis

3rd Tier
Afflalo
Ginobli

Not worth ranking...IMO
Evans
Gordon
Johnson
Waiters
etc...

Too Old to rank anymore:
Kobe
Wade

Looking at that list (Westrbook not in the list), I'd trade anyone for Love, personally. The counter argument is that we have Lee who is solid, and the depth at 2 is very thin. But I think that the "not worth ranking" guide can fill in and lose less production than you'd gain from a Lee for Love swap.

It's looking like a moot point anyway. I'd be happy to see what this roster can do with Kerr in place, though. Essentially, I trust the front office until they put a product on the court that takes a huge step back.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, where would you rank Wade?

Wade as-is without considering his salary, probably somewhere in the 12-15 range more because of leadership qualities. If you were to add in his salary, I'd drop his value down to somewhere in the 20-25 range.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Warriors could try to acquire both Kevin Love and LeBron James
Report: Warriors could try to acquire both Kevin Love and LeBron James - CBSSports.com

I heard about that two days ago on Yahoo SL. A super longshot with the Warriors needing to move some contracts - either HB or Iggy would have to be packaged or both.

Well, it wouldn't hurt the Dubbs to at least make a phone call to these players' agents and see what their level of interest is in joining the team. Frankly, it's more logical for LBJ to stay in the east - it's an easier path to the finals.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: warriors and Wolves playing a game of poker right now the wait might be a while. Atleast until lebron and melo are signed

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think klay could be as good as gone if it comes to including klay or not

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: warriors and Wolves playing a game of poker right now the wait might be a while. Atleast until lebron and melo are signed

And Lebron is waiting on Riley, to see if he can substantially improve the roster despite limited funds. Apparently the Heat only have 5.5 million dollars to work with, and not the 9-10 million dollar salary slot that has been reported in light of the renegotiated contracts for the big three.

It's not going to be an easy task for Riley to sign a top tier free agent with such limited funds. Deng just got the sales pitch, but it's hard to believe he'd consider such a huge pay cut. You have to wonder if he'll have any luck with Gasol or Ariza either. Lebron just might walk........

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lebron is waiting on Riley, to see if he can substantially improve the roster despite limited funds. Apparently the Heat only have 5.5 million dollars to work with, and not the 9-10 million dollar salary slot that has been reported in light of the renegotiated contracts for the big three.

It's not going to be an easy task for Riley to sign a top tier free agent with such limited funds. Deng just got the sales pitch, but it's hard to believe he'd consider such a huge pay cut. You have to wonder if he'll have any luck with Gasol or Ariza either. Lebron just might walk........

Dwyane Wade is handicapping the shit out of the Heat, honestly. A player like him at this point in his career gonna get 11-12mil. But you know, sentimental reasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think klay could be as good as gone if it comes to including klay or not

I think they will ultimately move Klay if that's what it takes to land Love, but I think Martin's contract maybe a major sticking point. I don't think they will trade Klay and take Martin on. If Minn. won't relent on Martin I don't think this deal gets done unless Martin goes somewhere else in a multi-team deal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the league has basically turned the majority of control of player's salary determinations over to the players, assembling and earning a championship is rapidly becoming more difficult in this CBA age.

Players are beginning to see the reality that assembling enough talent to form a team that can win a championship repeatedly and get the money everyone one wants within the constraints of a salary cap that the owners cling to is becoming increasingly more difficult.

I think we will continue to see develop the scenario that players interested in championships will have to forego their desire to have max dollars because with the constraints of a salary cap, having both for everyone is becoming next to an impossibility.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the league has basically turned the majority of control of player's salary determinations over to the players, assembling and earning a championship is rapidly becoming more difficult in this CBA age.

Players are beginning to see the reality that assembling enough talent to form a team that can win a championship repeatedly and get the money everyone one wants within the constraints of a salary cap that the owners cling to is becoming increasingly more difficult.

I think we will continue to see develop the scenario that players interested in championships will have to forego their desire to have max dollars because with the constraints of a salary cap, having both for everyone is becoming next to an impossibility.

How many players on the Spurs are making the max or max-worthy?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players on the Spurs are making the max or max-worthy?

Maybe its just me, but it seems strange with the amount that role players and secondary players have been getting this off season that the "stars" are getting heat for not taking less money.

I would never blame a guy for taking the money. NBA players, although they make tons of money, have a very limited time frame in which to collect on their skills. Most players will have only 2 major contracts that will get them the biggest amounts of money. After that their skills are diminishing and so are the dollars.

How can you ask Chris Bosh to take 11M annually when Channing Frye gets 8M per year on the open market?

It's a crazy concept.

Then again if Lebron, Melo, Bosh and Gasol all want to take the vet minimum and come play for the Warriors, I'm all for it.