• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ colorado 1430 CST Fox

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all put way too much stock into Morgan who was simply a serviceable 3* WR.

He broke records because he was in a passing offense.

Nebraska was a rushing offense from 1962-2014 (other than the HWSNBN years). There were no opportunities for 1,000 yd receivers.

Morgan was not even a 1,000 yd rcvr.

986 per the books.

I stand corrected. Morgan had 1,004 in 2018.

You get the point.

Morgan (Riley), Swift (transition HWSNBN), Westercamp (Riley), Purify (HWSNBN), Spielman (Riley).

Rodgers and Bell are the only two outside of the box, but neither were 1,000 yd rcvrs.

nebraska rcving.PNG

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can agree as far as baseline talent pool I would guess FL to be quite a bit higher than NE, ratings aside.

Another consideration is UCF is running year 4 of Frosts system and recruits minus graduates and injuries. We're only on one full season plus 2 games. I like to assume 2 years from now we're not still struggling with G5 and FCS schools

LOL.....Good to know you're smarter than the experts. Have you considered a career change?

UCF wasn't struggling with fellow G5 schools the likes of S. Alabama in year two. Quite the opposite. They were handing them their asses.
They also beat a P5 (Maryland) by 28, and beat #7 Auburn in the Peach Bowl.

2017 UCF Knights Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

This team is light years behind UCF in year two, and no it's not because of a GIANT talent disparity. UCF was not "LOADED" with talent.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....Good to know you're smarter than the experts. Have you considered a career change?

UCF wasn't struggling with fellow G5 schools the likes of S. Alabama in year two. Quite the opposite. They were handing them their asses.
They also beat a P5 (Maryland) by 28, and beat #7 Auburn in the Peach Bowl.

2017 UCF Knights Schedule and Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

This team is light years behind UCF in year two, and no it's not because of a GIANT talent disparity. UCF was not "LOADED" with talent.
I never said UCF was Loaded with talent

I don't need to be an expert, it's common knowledge the state of Florida has better HS talent than Nebraska, are saying that's not the case?

To be clear I'm not on the same boat as the media pre season claiming we're winning the west. 8 wins was where I guessed

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how we have so many here that simply talk smack without ever putting up numbers, without ever putting up examples to back up their bullshit. Just talk smack they either make up in their own minds or they regurgitate from kool-aid hype machines.

There are literally a handful here that take the time to analyze, put up examples, and put up numbers to back up their opinions. They are realistic and not all sunshine and rainbows. That would be @jedburks, @HuskerinBig10, and a couple others.

Rationalize some HUGE talent disparity between UCF and Nebraska as being the cause of the Huskers struggling with crappy S. Alabama all you want. That UCF was "LOADED WITH TALENT" like some Top 10 recruiting class. Don't expect me to buy it when I can see UCF's classes were ranked in the lower 60's and 70's. LOL

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how we have so many here that simply talk smack without ever putting up numbers, without ever putting up examples to back up their bullshit. Just talk smack they either make up in their own minds or they regurgitate from kool-aid hype machines.

There are literally a handful here that take the time to analyze, put up examples, and put up numbers to back up their opinions. They are realistic and not all sunshine and rainbows. That would be @jedburks, @HuskerinBig10, and a couple others.

Rationalize some HUGE talent disparity between UCF and Nebraska as being the cause of the Huskers struggling with crappy S. Alabama all you want. That UCF was "LOADED WITH TALENT" like some Top 10 recruiting class. Don't expect me to buy it when I can see UCF's classes were ranked in the lower 60's and 70's. LOL

Problem is, none of us are talking smack. Lol.

I really don’t understand where you’re getting that from? So some people see it differently than you....big deal.

Also, I literally don’t have time in my busy day of working a job to put up examples and find stats. If I had even a couple of hours of free time, maybe I would dig in to all of that. Got a full time crazy busy job and a family that take all my time and attention.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said UCF was Loaded with talent

I don't need to be an expert, it's common knowledge the state of Florida has better HS talent than Nebraska, are saying that's not the case?

To be clear I'm not on the same boat as the media pre season claiming we're winning the west. 8 wins was where I guessed

One of your fellow brethren who supports you in your rationalization cause did.

I don't know about who would beat who but Frost inherited a UCF team loaded with Florida talent which was much better than anything old Smiley brought in.

Who gives a flying fuck that Florida has "better high school talent than Nebraska". UCF is/was not getting that elite talent. It is/was going to Florida, Miami, FSU, Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Ohio St, etc..

Last I checked Nebraska doesn't just field a team of Nebraska players. They recruit nationally and that includes Florida.

The UCF classes that Frost "inherited" were ranked in the 60's and 70's. The classes Frost inherited here were in the 20's.

The experts know more than you and I combined, so stop trying to BS the forum with rationalization for poor play, poor execution, whatever it is.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, none of us are talking smack. Lol.

I really don’t understand where you’re getting that from? So some people see it differently than you....big deal.

Also, I literally don’t have time in my busy day of working a job to put up examples and find stats. If I had even a couple of hours of free time, maybe I would dig in to all of that. Got a full time crazy busy job and a family that take all my time and attention.

The problem is you don't support your "seeing it differently" with stats, numbers, facts. I and a few others do.

You are simply rationalizing suckage the best you can without taking the time to look at real data. Sorry to piss in your Cheerios with stats, numbers, and facts.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is you don't support your "seeing it differently" with stats, numbers, facts. I and a few others do.

You are simply rationalizing suckage the best you can without taking the time to look at real data. Sorry to piss in your Cheerios with stats, numbers, and facts.

You aren’t pissing in my Cheerios, my man. Lol....you just simply have nothing better to do with your life than sit literally alllllllllllll day on a sports forum.

Allllllllllllllllllllllllll day.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California has "better high school talent than Nebraska". San Jose St is kicking every G5 ass.

Texas has "better high school talent than Nebraska" UTEP is kicking every G5 ass.

Ohio has "better high school talent than Nebraska" The Fighting Frankies are kicking every G5 ass.

The recruiting experts don't know shit. Derp

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t pissing in my Cheerios, my man. Lol....you just simply have nothing better to do with your life than sit literally alllllllllllll day on a sports forum.

Allllllllllllllllllllllllll day.

And that's all you've got left. That sooo hurts my feelers. LOL

Thank you for admitting you don't know shit other than what you rationalize in your own mind or regurgitate from the kool-aid pouring media.
Now kindly STFU and let people who actually do take the time to research data @jedburks, @HuskerinBig10, and a couple others make their points.

You don't see them posting here "Allllllllllll day", yet they still seem to find the time to do factual research. It literally takes 10 minutes to shoot your bullshit down with proven data.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California has "better high school talent than Nebraska". San Jose St is kicking every G5 ass.

Texas has "better high school talent than Nebraska" UTEP is kicking every G5 ass.

Ohio has "better high school talent than Nebraska" The Fighting Frankies are kicking every G5 ass.

The recruiting experts don't know shit. Derp

The Fighting Frankies.

:pound:

Didn't realize how long he's been at Ohio U.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fighting Frankies.

:pound:

Didn't realize how long he's been at Ohio U.

I love me some Fighting Frankie's and he's actually been quite serviceable for the Bobcats in going bowling 9 of the last 10 years. However, they're still not the G5 juggernaut UCF is.

I probably should have used Miami, Ohio as my example of a G5 school in a highly populated state who's kicking every G5 ass.

Miami (OH) RedHawks Football Record By Year | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's all you've got left. That sooo hurts my feelers. LOL

Thank you for admitting you don't know shit other than what you rationalize in your own mind or regurgitate from the kool-aid pouring media.
Now kindly STFU and let people who actually do take the time to research data @jedburks, @HuskerinBig10, and a couple others make their points.

You don't see them posting here "Allllllllllll day", yet they still seem to find the time to do factual research. It literally takes 10 minutes to shoot your bullshit down with proven data.

Not trying to hurt your feelers, @Red_Alert. I’m one of those guys who just wants to get along with people. You’re absolutely right, I don’t post stats or examples and honestly it takes more than 10 mins to do so if you don’t already have your resources all lined up and do data research on a regular basis.

With that said, understand that I’m not coming on here to argue. I come on here to state my own opinions, which I never declare to be “facts.” The very LAST thing I want to do is argue with fans from my own fanbase.

If anything, I’m coming on here to shoot the shit and gain some perspective while giving my own.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love me some Fighting Frankie's and he's actually been quite serviceable for the Bobcats in going bowling 9 of the last 10 years. However, they're still not the G5 juggernaut UCF is.

I probably should have used Miami, Ohio as my example of a G5 school in a highly populated state who's kicking every G5 ass.

Miami (OH) RedHawks Football Record By Year | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Speaking of UCF did you know according to the digbat UCFhonors the Knights won a legit outright national title in 2017?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to hurt your feelers, @Red_Alert. I’m one of those guys who just wants to get along with people. You’re absolutely right, I don’t post stats or examples and honestly it takes more than 10 mins to do so if you don’t already have your resources all lined up and do data research on a regular basis.

With that said, understand that I’m not coming on here to argue. I come on here to state my own opinions, which I never declare to be “facts.” The very LAST thing I want to do is argue with fans from my own fanbase.

If anything, I’m coming on here to shoot the shit and gain some perspective while giving my own.

I'm just going to be me. I'm not going to take things as face value because somebody said it or I heard it on some kool-aid media. @jedburks, @HuskerinBig10, @tometom and a few others put up real analysis and support it with video or stats.

Not just "rah-rah, that was just an anomaly, here we come".

You can't just tell me that UCF was "loaded" with talent. That their leftover Florida scraps were so much "better" than all of Nebraska's nationally recruited players. That their 60's and 70's recruiting rankings were somehow misguided BS by the experts.
If that were the case then @Footballnut is completely wasting his and everybody else's time here.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of UCF did you know according to the digbat UCFhonors the Knights won a legit outright national title in 2017?

Yeah. I knew that. That's actually worse than Maze&Blew saying the same about Michigan in '97.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to be me. I'm not going to take things as face value because somebody said it or I heard it on some kool-aid media. @jedburks, @HuskerinBig10, @tometom and a few others put up real analysis and support it with video or stats.

Not just "rah-rah, that was just an anomaly, here we come".

You can't just tell me that UCF was "loaded" with talent. That their leftover Florida scraps were so much "better" than all of Nebraska's nationally recruited players. That their 60's and 70's recruiting rankings were somehow misguided BS by the experts.
If that were the case then @Footballnut is completely wasting his and everybody else's time here.

I’m not just saying they were loaded with talent. Honestly I had just heard from 1620 that Frost was able to get a lot of Florida talent to transfer in when he first took over down there. They said it time and time again. That wasn’t just something I came up with out of thin air.

Jed’s podcast is good shit. He also doesn’t just go off of stats though, he has his own opinions based off of what his own eyes tell him. Stats can easily be misleading, can’t rely 100% on what paper says.

I love reading everyone’s take here....even @HuskerPower52. I mean, we’re bound to win 52-0 sooner or later.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still going to form an opinion, without statistics RA. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

Not sure how I could go on about my day otherwise if no

STS.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not just saying they were loaded with talent. Honestly I had just heard from 1620 that Frost was able to get a lot of Florida talent to transfer in when he first took over down there. They said it time and time again. That wasn’t just something I came up with out of thin air.

Jed’s podcast is good shit. He also doesn’t just go off of stats though, he has his own opinions based off of what his own eyes tell him. Stats can easily be misleading, can’t rely 100% on what paper says.

I love reading everyone’s take here....even @HuskerPower52. I mean, we’re bound to win 52-0 sooner or later.

Yep. A Top 10 recruiting class transferred into UCF in Frost's first year. The kool-aid media told me that. LOL

Matter of fact Top 10 recruiting classes have transferred into UCF in 2017, 2018, and 2019 too, right? That's why they've maintained similar levels of play, right?

Sorry, but Jed's opinions mean more BECAUSE he takes the time to research.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still going to form an opinion, without statistics RA. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

Not sure how I could go on about my day otherwise if no

View attachment 216147

Help yourself, but expect to be called out on BS. Just as I'd expect to be called out on my BS.
Difference being if you're going to call me out, I expect video, numbers, stats, to support your opinion. If you can't do that then you're just a full of shit rah-rah.