• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Rangers Travel to Colorado to Play the Rockies May 10-12

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As injuries continue to mount, the Rangers try to trudge forward. Hopefully, we can get another series win.

Colorado is 9-28 overall and 6-12 at home. The Rockies have an 8-3 record in games when they have more hits than their opponents.

Texas has a 12-8 record on the road and a 22-17 record overall. The Rangers have hit 39 total home runs to rank ninth in the AL.

The teams meet Friday for the first time this season.

TOP PERFORMERS: Ryan McMahon ranks second on the Rockies with 13 extra base hits (eight doubles and five home runs). Jacob Stallings is 7-for-20 with two home runs and six RBI over the past 10 games.

Marcus Semien has nine doubles, a triple and seven home runs for the Rangers. Jonah Heim is 14-for-35 with a home run over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Rockies: 2-8, .223 batting average, 4.42 ERA, outscored by 12 runs

Rangers: 7-3, .286 batting average, 4.15 ERA, outscored opponents by 22 runs

INJURIES: Rockies: Lucas Gilbreath: 60-Day IL (elbow), Nolan Jones: 10-Day IL (back), Daniel Bard: 60-Day IL (knee), Kyle Freeland: 15-Day IL (elbow), Kris Bryant: 10-Day IL (back), German Marquez: 60-Day IL (elbow), Antonio Senzatela: 60-Day IL (elbow)

Rangers: Josh Sborz: 15-Day IL (rotator cuff), Dane Dunning: 15-Day IL (shoulder), Wyatt Langford: 10-Day IL (hamstring), Nathan Eovaldi: 15-Day IL (groin), Austin Pruitt: 15-Day IL (knee), Brock Burke: 60-Day IL (hand), Cody Bradford: 15-Day IL (back), Justin Foscue: 60-Day IL (oblique strain), Joshua Jung: 60-Day IL (wrist), Max Scherzer: 15-Day IL (back), Tyler Mahle: 60-Day IL (elbow), Jacob deGrom: 60-Day IL (elbow), Carson Coleman: 60-Day IL (elbow)

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Acker may be the next man up for the rotation, so we really need him to continue pitching well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

With Max Scherzer stuck in neutral, the Rangers will need two starters for the next two turns through the rotation. Jon Gray and Andrew Heaney will start tonight and Saturday in the first two games of the three-game series at Colorado. The Sunday starter could be Jose Ureña, who made a spot start Tuesday and would be on normal rest, or Owen White.

The groans are audible from here, but White is on the roster. The reality is that the Rangers don’t have a bunch of options.

They could take a flier on Shaun Anderson, who allowed a run Sunday over seven innings for Triple A Round Rock with 10 strikeouts and no walks. He has some big-league experience, including 2019 as a rookie with Bruce Bochy’s Giants.

Hmm.

As for Monday, Michael Lorenzen would be on normal rest to start against the Guardians in the opener of a six-game homestand. Jack Leiter could be ready to go again Tuesday.

The Rangers also need to replace Sborz in the bullpen, which they can do by recalling Grant Anderson.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we will see Johnny Cueto up here at some point later this month.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been waiting for this young man to break out. Maybe this is the beginning of that. He is only 20 years old.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

With Max Scherzer stuck in neutral, the Rangers will need two starters for the next two turns through the rotation. Jon Gray and Andrew Heaney will start tonight and Saturday in the first two games of the three-game series at Colorado. The Sunday starter could be Jose Ureña, who made a spot start Tuesday and would be on normal rest, or Owen White.

The groans are audible from here, but White is on the roster. The reality is that the Rangers don’t have a bunch of options.

They could take a flier on Shaun Anderson, who allowed a run Sunday over seven innings for Triple A Round Rock with 10 strikeouts and no walks. He has some big-league experience, including 2019 as a rookie with Bruce Bochy’s Giants.

Hmm.

As for Monday, Michael Lorenzen would be on normal rest to start against the Guardians in the opener of a six-game homestand. Jack Leiter could be ready to go again Tuesday.

The Rangers also need to replace Sborz in the bullpen, which they can do by recalling Grant Anderson.
There is no way you can start White over Urena. Urena made it through 5 innings or so. White didn't make it period. That is not a dig towards you Saddles I am just saying if the Rangers did that it would be as ridiculous as the Grossman trade.

I am all for Anderson getting a shot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am wondering what ot would take for us to land him. I haven't really decided if zi wnat them to go after him, but I am wondering what it would take.

Walcott
Vargas
Bratt
Duran
Ortiz

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way you can start White over Urena. Urena made it through 5 innings or so. White didn't make it period. That is not a dig towards you Saddles I am just saying if the Rangers did that it would be as ridiculous as the Grossman trade.

I am all for Anderson getting a shot.
No, I am not taking any bad takes on White, personally. He hasn't deserved better for about a year.

Now, I will say that they don't have a whole lot of options. The pen is already sparce as it is, so using Urena much more in the rotation is really going to strain the pen.

The only reason I ever suggested White last week was because of a lack of alternatives. I really, really wanted to trade for another young pitcher who we could have at AAA, but I don't think that was ever considered. I suggested him not because I thought he would do well, but because they were between a rock and a hard place.

If that AA trio was up a level we would have plenty of alternatives. We may have to bite the bullet and try one of them.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am wondering what ot would take for us to land him. I haven't really decided if zi wnat them to go after him, but I am wondering what it would take.

Walcott
Vargas
Bratt
Duran
Ortiz
Rather lose Foscue than Walcott.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Hmm.

I don’t want to see White at the major league level the rest of the year. Bring up Shaun Anderson.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some expect the Marlins to trade off several players.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to see White at the major league level the rest of the year. Bring up Shaun Anderson.
Have to wonder how White ever got this far.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3