• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Minnesota for 4 Games August 24-27

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that but I just don't see any of them being an upgrade at the positions we need. Not saying I couldn't be wrong but when we needed help with a catcher Huff hasn't filled the bill even though he's doing well at RR.
Since Huff has started doing well in Round Rock he has never been given much of an opportunity up here. Not compared to a few other guys. But, put him aside for the discussion because we really don't need a starting catcher anyway. Even if we did, the organization has soured on him too much to give him an opportunity. He will have to try to pituitary together for another team eventually.

We need a DH and any of those hitters could be a candidate for that. I think Crim would be the best, myself.

I think Duran is still the best candidate we have for LF. I also like the possibility of Harris there. And Fabian is having a great season. Some aren't ruling out Carter to start in CF here next year, so that would leave JPM for LF along with the others.

JPM would be my CF next year unless he fails miserably over the last 5 weeks or so. Then again there is the possibility for Carter.

Wendzel would be a really good candidate for a utility guy.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Huff has started doing well in Round Rock he has never been given much of an opportunity up here. Not compared to a few other guys. But, put him aside for the discussion because we really don't need a starting catcher anyway. Even if we did, the organization has soured on him too much to give him an opportunity. He will have to try to pituitary together for another team eventually.

We need a DH and any of those hitters could be a candidate for that. I think Crim would be the best, myself.

I think Duran is still the best candidate we have for LF. I also like the possibility of Harris there. And Fabian is having a great season. Some aren't ruling out Carter to start in CF here next year, so that would leave JPM for LF along with the others.

JPM would be my CF next year unless he fails miserably over the last 5 weeks or so. Then again there is the possibility for Carter.

Wendzel would be a really good candidate for a utility guy.
I would definitely want JPM to have a shot at it. I also have wondered about Fabian as you mentioned and Elier Hernandez. But we are in agreement that LF belongs to Wyatt Langford down the road and I believe it could be as soon as the later part of 2024. The infield is covered for now.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hate to see a walk off walk. To me that is a mental issue. Guess we had LeClerc and others escape JHern did have same issue prior. Chappy is just wild at times.
Do not see him as best case scenario for a closer but obviously not many options

So Le cleric has done but then he tried to nibble in the past.

Bottom line - what kind of mentality is pervasive that is scared to make mistakes. Can’t put my finger on it but it needs to be rooted out. Before we add players

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't require a starting pitcher before those 5 pen spots. I would go in-house for that. My plan is to spend on what I know we don't have.
I don’t either but phase 2 of my offseason would be to consider bringing back Montgomery as the only non-reliever FA pitcher considered over the offseason. I’m sure that Bochy and Maddux will push strongly to bring him back just as they will strongly push for building a better bullpen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t either but phase 2 of my offseason would be to consider bringing back Montgomery as the only non-reliever FA pitcher considered over the offseason. I’m sure that Bochy and Maddux will push strongly to bring him back just as they will strongly push for building a better bullpen.
Unfortunately, I know CY will not do anything like what I am wanting. I fully expect the bullpen needs to be ignored somewhat, again. I would not be surprised to see 4 or 5 of the 8 bullpen spots go to young starting pitchers in our organization. Then at least 2 of Sborz, Leclerc, and Hernandez will be back. They might sign 1 decent reliever and take a flyer on a much lesser reliever or 2.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty harsh.
Duran has been given a lot of rope seeing as he has been the go-to guy when Seager and then Jung went down and he has been outstanding defensively. His plate appearances have recently left something to desire but Bochy has shown faith in him sending him back out there.
Now Taveras is starting burn his bridges with his poor batting and base running and may find himself some where else next season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I know CY will not do anything like what I am wanting. I fully expect the bullpen needs to be ignored somewhat, again. I would not be surprised to see 4 or 5 of the 8 bullpen spots go to young starting pitchers in our organization. Then at least 2 of Sborz, Leclerc, and Hernandez will be back. They might sign 1 decent reliever and take a flyer on a much lesser reliever or 2.
That doesn’t sound like what I think CY does. He won’t have the job long going that route

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling that Adam is a very harsh person in general.
I have seen him post about his son who to me looks like a special needs kid. That would generally soften a heart.

Other thing I dont think is good is piling on frustrated fans

Many fans have long term investments with team and the pain is real even if misguided (wonder about myself). I do try to balance calling it out and a bit of empathy

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough day to be a Ranger fan today. Sigh

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is what makes it tough.
I have been less concerned about our results this year although naturally wan them to make playoffs and do well as long as they don’t mortgage the future

Right now I am questioning the process and the culture which I thought had changed

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been less concerned about our results this year although naturally wan them to make playoffs and do well as long as they don’t mortgage the future

Right now I am questioning the process and the culture which I thought had changed
Certain members of the team have reverted back and hopefully their tenure won’t be much longer as some of our prospects push them out of the way. By no later than the trade deadline next year they’ll be gone.
One may find his replacement being added this offseason in the outfield

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One problem is that ownership rushed things. The rebuild needed at least another year or two to be done correctly.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One problem is that ownership rushed things. The rebuild needed at least another year or two to be done correctly.
Can’t argue that. Really wanted more of a look on some of the minor leaguers to assess
Now in a tough position as we are locked into a guy like Leody and LF a and DH and even Adolis

And agree that we should have let some MILB players especially pitchers percolate at the MILB level. Speas being brought up looked like a desperation move. Do like the Montgomery move and Scherzer move if we can resign Montgomery

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t argue that. Really wanted more of a look on some of the minor leaguers to assess
Now in a tough position as we are locked into a guy like Leody and LF a and DH and even Adolis

And agree that we should have let some MILB players especially pitchers percolate at the MILB level. Speas being brought up looked like a desperation move. Do like the Montgomery move and Scherzer move if we can resign Montgomery
Think Leody may be somewhere else by the end of ST and Garcia could be gone by the trade deadline depending on what decisions about this ST.