• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ colorado 1430 CST Fox

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like once the scripted plays ran out they went to sleep.
Run them fuckers again. Play calling after the set was atrocious.
The passing game needs serious work. No open receivers , not very imaginative.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a collective our fanbase just jumped the gun with all the hype heading into this season. The media drove that hype, but a 4-8 season isn’t a fluke. When it happens, there are reasons for it.

In reality 7-8 wins should have been the optimistic outlook heading into this season based off of what we saw last season. No heisman talk, no Big 10 Championship talk. Improvement should have been the optimistic outlook.

Reality is we still have a very young group in terms of experience being together. That includes staff and players. Also, this staff did what it did at UCF and that’s great and all.....but they’re still young and have to make some mistakes in order to learn how to get better.

This shouldn’t be a surprise, and to me it isn’t a surprise. Lot of growing still to be done. Fortunately we have a lot of season left to play and this loss doesn’t change anything in Conference play. I look forward to seeing Nebraska just improve as the season goes on.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that said, losing to Colorado today was probably the hardest loss for me to swallow in many years.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me, I can't figure out what I watched today.

What in the fuq did Frost, Walters, and Verduzco do to this team in the locker room at halftime? Nebraska lost the 2nd half 34-14.

Martinez was an entirely different player coming out of the locker room. Why did Walters and Co refuse to go downfield? It was obvious Colorado was playing tight to stop the run and the dink and dunk.

I get the defense getting tired and finally collapsing, but the yards after contact were also there in the 1st half.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What in the fuq did Frost, Walters, and Verduzco do to this team in the locker room at halftime? Nebraska lost the 2nd half 34-14.

Martinez was an entirely different player coming out of the locker room. Why did Walters and Co refuse to go downfield? It was obvious Colorado was playing tight to stop the run and the dink and dunk.

I get the defense getting tired and finally collapsing, but the yards after contact were also there in the 1st half.
my take

they went in the locker as winners -- then just gave up at half time

just gave up

a mental mishap

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a collective our fanbase just jumped the gun with all the hype heading into this season. The media drove that hype, but a 4-8 season isn’t a fluke. When it happens, there are reasons for it.

In reality 7-8 wins should have been the optimistic outlook heading into this season based off of what we saw last season. No heisman talk, no Big 10 Championship talk. Improvement should have been the optimistic outlook.

Reality is we still have a very young group in terms of experience being together. That includes staff and players. Also, this staff did what it did at UCF and that’s great and all.....but they’re still young and have to make some mistakes in order to learn how to get better.

This shouldn’t be a surprise, and to me it isn’t a surprise. Lot of growing still to be done. Fortunately we have a lot of season left to play and this loss doesn’t change anything in Conference play. I look forward to seeing Nebraska just improve as the season goes on.
7-8 wins has been the reality for most of us from the start. I've said it before, anyone who thinks (thought) that this would be a 9, or even 10+ win team, needs to step away from the houka.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AM does not make good passing decisions. Several the passes could have been picked off. Their is a disconnect with the team and coaching. Martinez just doesn't seem like he wants to be out there to me

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado pumped some wacky 2backy smoke into the Husker locker room at halftime. :noidea:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AM does not make good passing decisions. Several the passes could have been picked off. Their is a disconnect with the team and coaching. Martinez just doesn't seem like he wants to be out there to me

He's the reason they were up in the first place. He plays a hard as any of them. He's the best player on the team, at this point.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HuskerPower52 Martinez made some poor decisions, but don’t question is desire to be out there. He is all in. I guarantee you that.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a video floating around on FB of a Colorado "fan" spitting on JD after he caught the ball and ran out of bounce.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in another thread:
They skull fucked them for half the game. Then they took a nap.
Jesus still hates them.

Whatever you need to do to rationalize a skull fucking prediction.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HuskerPower52 Martinez made some poor decisions, but don’t question is desire to be out there. He is all in. I guarantee you that.

Was he even put in position to make good decisions?

I question the play calling in whether or not he was even allowed to stretch the field. In turn, it fucks with his head.

Vince Young at tejas sucked balls until the coaching staff quit cage holding him into what they thought he should be doing in their offense.
When they loosened the reins on him he caught fire.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he even put in position to make good decisions?

I question the play calling in whether or not he was even allowed to stretch the field. In turn, it fucks with his head.

Vince Young at tejas sucked balls until the coaching staff quit cage holding him into what they thought he should be doing in their offense.
When they loosened the reins on him he caught fire.

Same here.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously Red........................Wait 'til 2020. My grandson's ACL and meniscus will be healed and you'll have the best WR/QB combo ever. Thinking he had a sprained knee and not a torn ACL and Menny, he particpatedin a Senior Showcase and ran a 5.33 40 and hit 4 of 6 targets over 40 yards (We knew it might be worse than a sprain. He has run nothing below 4.6 in 2019). He collapsed after running a second 40 in 5.46.

He's applying to Nebraska and the coaching staff has told him he'll get a workout in May. Just wait til he takes a pitch from the QB, stops and hits WR 60 yards downfield when the defense thinks it's a WR sweep.

He's been in PT for three weeks and can already straighten his leg to -2 degrees and bend the knee 60 degrees. He's about three weeks ahead of the curve.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3a09pd.jpg

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be honest we need to stretch the field down vertically JD has to be pissed off