• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Nebraska @ colorado 1430 CST Fox

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you have. You and many others when I was being legitimately critical.

Do you need some examples? SportsHoopla has a search function.

Penalties

That was 2015. There are many more between 2011 and 2017.

You weren't even in that thread....

Not only that, but it is clearly a joke. You know, like people usually do when they're all on the same team. They joke around with each other, give each other a hard time.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s all, I don’t care at all about UCF

/\/\/\
This.

I could give a rats ass about UCF. Colorado lost 7 straight games to end the year last year and fired their coach. Yet Colorado found a way to come back and win on Saturday with a first year coach, down 17 points at half and playing a road game at home.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA I answered to your statement-

“UCF's talent level was not that egregiously "better" than Nebraska's”

Me-He did however inherit a UCF team with 5 NFL draft pics, here 1 "Tanner Pick6 Lee"

That’s all, I don’t care at all about UCF

No he didn't. UCF's 2018 1st round #30 pick was a Garden City JUCO from North Carolina brought in by Frost in Aug 2017.

UCF adds experience in juco CB Mike Hughes to roster

Now you're down to 3 inherited from that 2018 draft, Two late 3rd rounders and a 5th rounder. One of those 3rd rounder's wasn't even a Florida kid.
This does not meet your original points in that Frost had the benefit of elite "Florida" talent egregiously "better" than what he has currently at Nebraska.

Of those 3 he inherited, none were highly sought after recruits. They were literally Bo Pelini type 'Best of the Rest" kids.

We shall see if Nebraska has one player drafted in 2020 and 3 players drafted in 2021.

That would be the same time frame you're using to make your point that UCF had so much "better" talent than Nebraska, because Frost had been at UCF 2 seasons before that 2018 draft.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't even in that thread....

Not only that, but it is clearly a joke. You know, like people usually do when they're all on the same team. They joke around with each other, give each other a hard time.

I ignored that thread because I knew who all the 'wet blanket' stuff was being aimed at. irule started the 'wet blanket' stuff under Pelini.

Put 'wet blanket' in the search and you'll see it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say anything, because I'm doing so based solely off of what I see with my eyes........but 2 games into Frost's season at UCF I felt like more weapons on Offense had developed into high level talent than what I see currently at Nebraska. I'll stop there before I go too far, and I'll wait to hear your reactions.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ignored that thread because I knew who all the 'wet blanket' stuff was being aimed at. irule started the 'wet blanket' stuff under Pelini.

Put 'wet blanket' in the search and you'll see it.

Dude....RA.....I don't really care. We were joking man! I don't even know if I've ever truly been pissed at anyone in here before. We're all Husker fans! We all want the same results. It doesn't make sense for us to be trolling ourselves lolol.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to crush your dreams @Red_Alert, but I don't hate you.

I have no reason to hate you. I literally went away for like 6 months and when I came back you had turned into this mythical badass lmaoooo.

"ALL YOU TOOLS HAVE BEEN GUNNIN' FOR ME FOR YEARS AND I JUST KEEP ROLLIN' YOU FUCKS LIKE YER NOTHIN'!" - The New RA

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say anything, because I'm doing so based solely off of what I see with my eyes........but 2 games into Frost's season at UCF I felt like more weapons on Offense had developed into high level talent than what I see currently at Nebraska. I'll stop there before I go too far, and I'll wait to hear your reactions.

O-Line play and play calling.

There's little push up-front and very few running lanes being opened. I think the coaches used the S. Alabama game to work on that.

I think the coaches got complacent with the 17-0 halftime lead against CU and decided to work on it some more in the 2nd half.

Instead of going for the kill, the defense got tired and it ended up costing them a W.

I truly believe they've been throttling back Adrian and it is fucking with his head.

Anybody saying UCF has some egregious talent advantage over Nebraska is smoking crack.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-Line play and play calling.

There's little push up-front and very few running lanes being opened. I think the coaches used the S. Alabama game to work on that.

I think the coaches got complacent with the 17-0 halftime lead against CU and decided to work on it some more in the 2nd half.

Instead of going for the kill, the defense got tired and it ended up costing them a W.

I truly believe they've been throttling back Adrian and it is fucking with his head.

Anybody saying UCF has some egregious talent advantage over Nebraska is smoking crack.

I don't know about a talent advantage necessarily, but I saw more developed talent in places at this point in the UCF tenure.

Also, I see a hesitant Adrian Martinez at times. The "no fear of failure" mantra hasn't take full effect yet in my opinion. Everyone develops at a different pace though. For all we know, 5 games from now this could be a completely different team in terms of confidence.

While it's very obvious that we're getting beat up front, I still believe confidence is an issue with these guys.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. UCF's 2018 1st round #30 pick was a Garden City JUCO from North Carolina brought in by Frost in Aug 2017.

UCF adds experience in juco CB Mike Hughes to roster

Now you're down to 3 inherited from that 2018 draft, Two late 3rd rounders and a 5th rounder. One of those 3rd rounder's wasn't even a Florida kid.
This does not meet your original points in that Frost had the benefit of elite "Florida" talent egregiously "better" than what he has currently at Nebraska.

Of those 3 he inherited, none were highly sought after recruits. They were literally Bo Pelini type 'Best of the Rest" kids.

We shall see if Nebraska has one player drafted in 2020 and 3 players drafted in 2021.

That would be the same time frame you're using to make your point that UCF had so much "better" talent than Nebraska, because Frost had been at UCF 2 seasons before that 2018 draft.
I had another look at your numbers there and you’re right, they ain’t nothing but hoes and tricks. We’re fucked

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a talent advantage necessarily, but I saw more developed talent in places at this point in the UCF tenure.

Also, I see a hesitant Adrian Martinez at times. The "no fear of failure" mantra hasn't take full effect yet in my opinion. Everyone develops at a different pace though. For all we know, 5 games from now this could be a completely different team in terms of confidence.

While it's very obvious that we're getting beat up front, I still believe confidence is an issue with these guys.

I agree on "development".

2nd year UCF would have railed a team like S. Alabama.

Frost had said one of his biggest obstacles in getting things turned around here is "culture".

I suppose there is a very broad definition for 'culture' and that is open to interpretation. It could simply be "confidence" as you say.

To me it's self accountability in everything football related.
Nutrition table (you are what you eat), Strength and conditioning, film room, practice, execution on game day. One shouldn't have to be called out by peers. They are giving 100% all of the time.

I think Frost is just being as nice as he can be in pressers. What's he supposed to say when asked about things? "They aren't doing what they're supposed to do"? LOL

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to be me. I'm not going to take things as face value because somebody said it or I heard it on some kool-aid media. @tometom and a few others put up real analysis and support it with video or stats.
damn, i was hoping to find some videos to show, but can't find crap. i can only seem to find tape of the scoring drives from this game. similar on UCF from 2017.

i was mostly staying away from picking on the OT playcalling, but rewatching it in this video below made me realize how bad it was executed, not so much they were horrible playcalls. need to jump to 20:40.

first down, just your standard outside zone, DE plays it really well, doesn't actually commit and AM hands off, i feel like AM probably could have gotten more here than Mo does if he keeps and goes away from that DE, like off Jurgens rear, neither of the left side guys maintain any contact on the defenders though. I'm not a football expert, do you have to ride that hand off longer and make that DE commit?

second down, this appears to be a give all the way, but sure looks like to me something better could have happened had this been an RPO with AM keeping it. Wilson pulls to AMs side, which looks wrong, he just runs into Allen and doesn't block anyone, LBs aren't fooled by that motion at all. one LB takes out both Hixson and Jaimes, had one of them been able to handle that the 2nd could have gotten to 31 to keep him from making the play.

third - looks like Wilson wants to handoff to Jurgens and Jurgens doesn't receive the DT. blows through and gets AMs feet and he goes down. i don't quite get why AM doesn't hit Robinson right after he breaks past the LB. Not sure if maybe there is a S right there, since you can't see enough of the field. stop it at 21:03 and Robinson clears that LB and AM winds up to throw and all the sudden pulls it down and gets hit the next half a second.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had another look at your numbers there and you’re right, they ain’t nothing but hoes and tricks. We’re fucked

Q: Did Frost inherit 1st round draft pick Mike Hughes from the previous staff or not?
A: Did not. I proved it.

Q: Were the other 3 recruited only by mid-majors and low level P5's or not?
A: Mid-majors and low level P5's. I proved it.

Q: Of those 4 drafted in 2018 were they all elite talent readily available in Frost's Florida back yard?
A: Nope. One was from North Carolina and one was from Georgia. I proved it.

Q: Did Frost have so much "better" talent in Florida than Nebraska that he could only recruit down there?
A: Nope. He recruited Nebraska. I proved it.

Even McKenzie Milton was from Hawaii. LOL

Here's another stunner............

In UCF's 2015 class only 5 players were from the state of Florida. The other 13 were from Louisiana, Georgia, Texas, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
UCF 2015 Football Commits

But don't let facts get in the way when someone tells you that UCF is "loaded" with talent from it's own backyard.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q: Did Frost inherit 1st round draft pick Mike Hughes from the previous staff or not?
A: Did not. I proved it.

Q: Were the other 3 recruited only by mid-majors and low level P5's or not?
A: Mid-majors and low level P5's. I proved it.

Q: Of those 4 drafted in 2018 were they all elite talent readily available in Frost's Florida back yard?
A: Nope. One was from North Carolina and one was from Georgia. I proved it.

Q: Did Frost have so much "better" talent in Florida than Nebraska that he could only recruit down there?
A: Nope. He recruited Nebraska. I proved it.

Even McKenzie Milton was from Hawaii. LOL

Here's another stunner............

In UCF's 2015 class only 5 players were from the state of Florida. The other 13 were from Louisiana, Georgia, Texas, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
UCF 2015 Football Commits

But don't let facts get in the way when someone tells you that UCF is "loaded" with talent from it's own backyard.
Ok? I sure won’t, thanks for that. I don’t care about UCF, now or then. Can you and I at least stop talking about it?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, i was hoping to find some videos to show, but can't find crap. i can only seem to find tape of the scoring drives from this game. similar on UCF from 2017.

i was mostly staying away from picking on the OT playcalling, but rewatching it in this video below made me realize how bad it was executed, not so much they were horrible playcalls. need to jump to 20:40.

first down, just your standard outside zone, DE plays it really well, doesn't actually commit and AM hands off, i feel like AM probably could have gotten more here than Mo does if he keeps and goes away from that DE, like off Jurgens rear, neither of the left side guys maintain any contact on the defenders though. I'm not a football expert, do you have to ride that hand off longer and make that DE commit?

second down, this appears to be a give all the way, but sure looks like to me something better could have happened had this been an RPO with AM keeping it. Wilson pulls to AMs side, which looks wrong, he just runs into Allen and doesn't block anyone, LBs aren't fooled by that motion at all. one LB takes out both Hixson and Jaimes, had one of them been able to handle that the 2nd could have gotten to 31 to keep him from making the play.

third - looks like Wilson wants to handoff to Jurgens and Jurgens doesn't receive the DT. blows through and gets AMs feet and he goes down. i don't quite get why AM doesn't hit Robinson right after he breaks past the LB. Not sure if maybe there is a S right there, since you can't see enough of the field. stop it at 21:03 and Robinson clears that LB and AM winds up to throw and all the sudden pulls it down and gets hit the next half a second.

First play DE for CU came through untouched. By design or not, yeah that's on AM's read.
Second play took way too long to develop and therefore was shit blocking. Like you said, LB's didn't bite the zone option. Adrian didn't sell it anyway.

Mo Washington needs to find a N/S running lane, hit seams, and stop stringing things out to avoid contact. Eventually the sideline runs out. Great RB's hit the smallest of seams. Move Mo to something like a wingback and put Wandale back there.

Third play low snap. That cause him to miss Wandale who had blown past his man and was wide open down the middle of the field.
Even though he missed Wandale, Adrian should have flushed to wide open field (bottom of the camera shot). He'd have done that last season and he'd have had all day for someone to get free from coverage.

It's like Adrian's been caged. Let him play. Let him improvise.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok? I sure won’t, thanks for that. I don’t care about UCF, now or then. Can you and I at least stop talking about it?

Sure. STFU then.

Unless you’ve been signing top ten recruiting classes prior to taking over a program it’s going to take a few years minimum to build anything worth a fuck. Alvarez broke through in year 3 and won the Big 10.
This isn’t the AAC. The coaches underestimated how drastic the difference is. Walters has the deer in headlights look every time I see him interview.
I had the over/under at 8 wins, might still happen

That's where everything went south for you. You injected it.

It doesn't take Top 10 recruiting classes to crush teams like South Alabama into oblivion. At least 4 AAC teams would do it.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. STFU then.

That's where everything went south for you. You injected it.

It doesn't take Top 10 recruiting classes to crush teams like South Alabama into oblivion.
Dude fuck you, shut the fuck up!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to pimpin' media tweeters. LOL