• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know who here is into this stuff but this has been the greatest Lent of my life and a big piece of my journey was this podcast. It’s awesome! I made it a goal to read the whole Bible this Lent because while I go to Mass every Sunday, I’ve never actually read the whole Bible cover to cover. This was the way to do it. There was much thought that went into looking at God’s Word from the 30,000 foot view and it’s made Salvation History make so much more sense for me. They organized the readings in a perfect way. Here’s the link to the podcast called The Bible in a Year. I highly recommend to everyone.

Definitely off topic :D

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's like 0-5, Boras got destroyed this year

He did

Let’s not forget he got Rodon overpaid last year

(Which probably cost Montgomery some coin)

The tax rules, other teams maxing out on other guys already (rodon last year, ohtani & yy this year) plus Montgomery seemingly not wanting to play in certain locations all were factors

I think the league also properly valued him as a 2/3 sp worth 4/80-100

I would’ve gone as high as 5/120ish as Boston

But it seems the don’t care to try anymore…

…and no one else went that high either

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know who here is into this stuff but this has been the greatest Lent of my life and a big piece of my journey was this podcast. It’s awesome! I made it a goal to read the whole Bible this Lent because while I go to Mass every Sunday, I’ve never actually read the whole Bible cover to cover. This was the way to do it. There was much thought that went into looking at God’s Word from the 30,000 foot view and it’s made Salvation History make so much more sense for me. They organized the readings in a perfect way. Here’s the link to the podcast called The Bible in a Year. I highly recommend to everyone.

I've seen some Bible in a year things before and have intended to do it, just haven't gotten to it yet. I went to a Christian high school and read the Bible cover to cover then. This seems like a good way to absorb more of it than I did then.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're a riddle wrapped in an enigma

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some Bible in a year things before and have intended to do it, just haven't gotten to it yet. I went to a Christian high school and read the Bible cover to cover then. This seems like a good way to absorb more of it than I did then.
The thing I enjoyed about this one is that each episode runs about 20-25 minutes. It’s about half and half of Scripture plus reflection on the context. I like the guy who does it as well, Father Mike.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were talking “less safe” or “player safety”. Injuries happen every week in the NFL. Most injuries aren’t a result of unsafe conditions. I don’t think playing more games and tweaking the rules to make the game more safe is the great inconsistency people are saying it is in calling the NFL hypocrites.

It is pretty hypocritical though. I agree that most injuries don't happen because of unsafe conditions. I'd even go as far as to say that most aren't the result of unsafe play. Which is why I've been against most of the rule changes. Most injuries happen on routine plays.

Having said that, football is a violent sport and the body needs more time to recover from a football game. More games mean more violent collisions and increased opportunities for injury. That's not even considering the long term consequences of more collisions.

I just heard that the NFL is going to have 2 games on Christmas Day this year. Christmas is on a Wednesday this year and that's going to mean teams playing 3 games in 13 days. That's not enough recovery time.

So, they change rules to make the game "safer", but then increase the number of violent collisions that players are exposed to. That's hypocritical, imo.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty hypocritical though. I agree that most injuries don't happen because of unsafe conditions. I'd even go as far as to say that most aren't the result of unsafe play. Which is why I've been against most of the rule changes. Most injuries happen on routine plays.

Having said that, football is a violent sport and the body needs more time to recover from a football game. More games mean more violent collisions and increased opportunities for injury. That's not even considering the long term consequences of more collisions.

I just heard that the NFL is going to have 2 games on Christmas Day this year. Christmas is on a Wednesday this year and that's going to mean teams playing 3 games in 13 days. That's not enough recovery time.

So, they change rules to make the game "safer", but then increase the number of violent collisions that players are exposed to. That's hypocritical, imo.
These are better points than total games played. A lack of Safety can be seen in reduced recovery time. On this point, we agree. I don’t think total games played though makes much of a safety difference. However, when you put that in the context of reduced recovery time, that does reduce safety.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think MLB is doing a legit investigation into this?
I think they have to

It’s also like the one rule written in every single mlb clubhouse

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have to

That’s what we have been told all these years

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think MLB is doing a legit investigation into this?
Nope
I think they have to

I think for this reason they’re more likely to look past it. These are the same people that leaned into the McGwire/Sosa stuff knowing it was PED generated and then threw them under the bus when public opinion changed. They’ll milk Ohtani for foreign interest and revenue and then they’ll cooperate with the expose that gets written when he’s 35-36 and getting ready to retire and go into the Hall.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for some MLB picks, here are mine:

American League
East - Orioles
Central - Twins
West - Astros
Wild Cards - Rangers, Rays, Yankees