• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More crappy D from the "elite" Ws

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you think you're clever taking the accurate jabs others say about you and just "I'm rubber you're glue"-ing it, but it's yet another embarrassing exposure of how you suck at the internet. You don't even know how to trash talk.

You're welcome.

Don't be a fool. You are one of the chief enablers of the troll tweezil.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with tzill that one stat doesn't say the whole story, although if there's one stat better than the rest it's the one where the Ws are 3rd in the league...and yeah it's very weird. I think the fact they've been so shitty on D for so many years makes it hard for many fans to believe what's right in front of them,

I get the impressions of just cause it's the warriors. That they can't be elite on defense. Since the all star break also they have been 2nd in defensive effciency.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are elite on defense.

Opp FG%= 2nd
Opp3pt FG%= 3rd
Defensive Effciency= 3rd

#elite

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Opp FG%= 2nd
Opp3pt FG%= 3rd
Defensive Effciency= 3rd

#elite

I think it's wasting time to debate the meaning of 'elite'.
It is undeniable they have a very very good defense this year, definitely good enough to make a playoff run. They probably don't have enough offense though. The main problem is the Ws picked the wrong year to get this good, because there are a lot of other very good teams in the West.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's wasting time to debate the meaning of 'elite'.
It is undeniable they have a very very good defense this year, definitely good enough to make a playoff run. They probably don't have enough offense though. The main problem is the Ws picked the wrong year to get this good, because there are a lot of other very good teams in the West.

I don't think it's ever been east to win in the playoffs. But yeah I'm just saying they have really good one of the best in the league. Offense has been coming together by the way. Moved up to 11th!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So their inconsistent defense won't let them catch a team with shitty defense all around. Got it.

That's correct. Because it's not Portland DEFENSE they have to catch, it's the record. Portland can afford to play crappy D and win. The Ws can't. That's the difference.

Thus, their inconsistent defense has already precluded them from finishing better than the Blazers.

Let's hope I'm wrong.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you think you're clever taking the accurate jabs others say about you and just "I'm rubber you're glue"-ing it, but it's yet another embarrassing exposure of how you suck at the internet. You don't even know how to trash talk.

You're welcome.

Foolin Nosense pwnd again. Same as it ever was.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a warriors win and a Portland loss to spurs they can be a half a game back I guess that's TO MUCH to make up

And what do you think the odds of that are? 20%? 15%

I've got $100 says the Clippers win tonight. You man enough to back the Ws?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tzill is right it's about the loss column so one back if that happens. Portland probably loses but the Clippers can't wait for us in their building. If we don't win that very tough game we're 2 back of Portland. That would make winning one of the 2 games in Portland kind of necessary to catch them.

As I've said, it's probably not happening but it's hard to see how a guy who can't stop bashing the Ws defense thinks the Portland team is so great, when their D is just plain bad. The only playoff team in either conference with worse defense is Dallas.

When did I ever post that?

Oh, yeah.....NEVER.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Opp FG%= 2nd
Opp3pt FG%= 3rd
Defensive Effciency= 3rd

#elite

Explain the 10 bad losses then. How does a team THAT elite on D screw the pooch that often?

You really need a class on statistics so that you can learn what standard deviation means. You're assuming normal distribution with those rate stats and the Ws defensive effort distribution is FAR from normal.

But you'd probably have to graduate from HS, get into college and then register for a stats class.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain the 10 bad losses then. How does a team THAT elite on D screw the pooch that often?

You really need a class on statistics so that you can learn what standard deviation means. You're assuming normal distribution with those rate stats and the Ws defensive effort distribution is FAR from normal.

But you'd probably have to graduate from HS, get into college and then register for a stats class.

Is anyone else getting tired of listening to this fool?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When factoring the standard deviation, aren't you supposed to remove outliers and other statistical anomalies in order to get the best results?

If you removed the 10 bad losses, and also the top 10 best performances(or you could reduce the number according the 65 games played), you would probably be closest to the actual efficiency of this team.

I would do the math, but I really just don't want to.

For the record, I'm still avoiding the terminology "Elite". They're a good defensive team, capable of being absolutely horrid at times. That might be just good enough.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else getting tired of listening to this fool?

I'm tired of all the shit talking by about four of you, to be honest.

At some point, it's time to move on and focus on talking basketball.

Last edited by a moderator:

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nail on the head

:agree::nod:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Point taken.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When factoring the standard deviation, aren't you supposed to remove outliers and other statistical anomalies in order to get the best results?

If you removed the 10 bad losses, and also the top 10 best performances(or you could reduce the number according the 65 games played), you would probably be closest to the actual efficiency of this team.

I would do the math, but I really just don't want to.

For the record, I'm still avoiding the terminology "Elite". They're a good defensive team, capable of being absolutely horrid at times. That might be just good enough.

No, the standard deviation MEASURES the volatility of the sample space. You don't omit data before calculating it.

It's a rough measure of consistency, which is why for the Ws it would be quite large compared to elite teams.

FWIW, I agree with your assessment: capable of being elite, but all too often miserably disengaged.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-20% chance? Clippers are that much better???

On an 8 game winning streak, at home, facing a team on a back-to-back.

Yup. 6 point favorites.

Hey, I hope the Ws win, but it's pretty unlikely.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I have the internet challenged one on ignore.