• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More crappy D from the "elite" Ws

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bed shitting performance by the defense...this time in Toronto. Ws let the Raps shoot 48%, play only one good quarter of defense all night long. Good thing it's just "one of those games," and that "all teams have these" and that the W's "are elite in defensive efficiency," right Hanbomb???

Right???

:doh::doh:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah one bad game. And they didn't even do bad against Chicago by the way. They held them to 43%-44? Tonight wasn't good and dlee was a big part of it, losing his man.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team desperately needs another star on offense, curry can't do it all. Defense is fine. Need a klove or carmelo type on offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah one bad game. And they didn't even do bad against Chicago by the way. They held them to 43%-44? Tonight wasn't good and dlee was a big part of it, losing his man.

Don't feed the troll.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I feared, Curry was exhausted during crunch time because be logged too many minutes. Completely gassed and he made a couple of mistakes. JO's passport snafu may have cost the Warriors this game. They could've used his inside scoring and defense. This team just has so many poor offensive players. Throw in a streaky Klay Thompson and Curry just has very little help at times. I like Blake but he's not scorer and Green, Bogut, Barnes and Iggy and can't be counted on although Barnes was okay tonight. Crawford is also streaky and unreliable. This is a solid team but the correct mix just isn't there yet. Hopefully Iguadola will do better once fully healed.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ws "held" the Bulls to 45% shooting...Chicago averages under 43% for the year. They sent the Bulls to the line THIRTY times. That's not "ok defense" much less "elite" defense. It's shitty. Of course, your response four days ago was that the Bulls game was "just one game." And your response today? Oh, "just one game."

How much more fucking evidence do you need? Do you even WATCH the games, or just simply look at the box scores after? How many more "just one game" games are they going to have before you see that this defense isn't elite?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't lol

That's rich. The useless piece of crap Trollin' Foolsense calling someone ELSE a troll...rich. As if he hasn't been banned from half a dozen boards for being a turd...

And seriously, Hanbombs, how old are you? You post as if you're still in HS.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tzill, again I have to assert that while the defense had problems, the offense was just as much of a problem. Starting at about 3 minutes left in the game, with the Warriors down by 2, we had that brutal stretch of 2 missed shots followed by 3 straight turnovers, a Curry made 3, then another turnover. So 1 play out of 7 that put points on the board. Game over.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tzill, again I have to assert that while the defense had problems, the offense was just as much of a problem. Starting at about 3 minutes left in the game, with the Warriors down by 2, we had that brutal stretch of 2 missed shots followed by 3 straight turnovers, a Curry made 3, then another turnover. So 1 play out of 7 that put points on the board. Game over.

I agree, defense is far from the problem. This was the first game
In a while that the defense was not acceptable

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not arguing that the offense is good. It clearly isn't. My contention is that, ESPN defensive efficiency metrics aside, the defense isn't elite. It just isn't.

Now, you can point to that horrid stretch of offensive ball, but what about the entire fourth quarter defense? What about the entire first half? What about Avi "turnstile" Lee letting his man waltz to the bucket on defense? What about Klay being too slow to keep up with their perimeter players and instead just grabbing and getting called for fouls?

You can say the game was lost in that stretch, but I'd contend that the game was lost when they decided at the beginning of the fourth quarter that they weren't going to give effort on D. Only Bogut was playing hard (Iggy is hurt and it shows). I also have NO IDEA why Green was left on the bench when the Raps went to a stretch four most of the game, including the last seven minutes.

The defense sucked. Not elite.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, defense is far from the problem. This was the first game
In a while that the defense was not acceptable

If you define "a while" as "since last Wednesday" then sure.

Jeebus.

:doh:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's rich. The useless piece of crap Trollin' Foolsense calling someone ELSE a troll...rich. As if he hasn't been banned from half a dozen boards for being a turd...

Yeah, TT is a mess.

Seriously, TobyTyler, not trying to be mean here. You just suck at this here internet thing. You just do.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that the offense is good. It clearly isn't. My contention is that, ESPN defensive efficiency metrics aside, the defense isn't elite. It just isn't.

Now, you can point to that horrid stretch of offensive ball, but what about the entire fourth quarter defense? What about the entire first half? What about Avi "turnstile" Lee letting his man waltz to the bucket on defense? What about Klay being too slow to keep up with their perimeter players and instead just grabbing and getting called for fouls?

You can say the game was lost in that stretch, but I'd contend that the game was lost when they decided at the beginning of the fourth quarter that they weren't going to give effort on D. Only Bogut was playing hard (Iggy is hurt and it shows). I also have NO IDEA why Green was left on the bench when the Raps went to a stretch four most of the game, including the last seven minutes.

The defense sucked. Not elite.

tzill, curious about something. We can go back and forth about the meaning of 'elite' and all that, but taking a step back, I think we all agree the team has good to very good defense (obviously needs more consistency), and off and on offense (needs same). That they are a good team, a playoff team in a stacked conference, but also a young team, not yet a true contender.

What did you expect of these guys this year? Did you think they were a elite team yet? A championship contender? I don't think anyone really did, but they were expected to build on last year's success, and I think you have to agree they have done. They are better than last year, especially defensively.

So, I mean, are you not happy with things? It was very recently this team was a total league afterthought.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you expect of these guys this year? Did you think they were a elite team yet? A championship contender? I don't think anyone really did, but they were expected to build on last year's success, and I think you have to agree they have done. They are better than last year, especially defensively.

Somewhat better, yes, but I think they are still underperforming those expectations. They won 47 games last year, right now they are on pace for 49 wins this year. But consider they have a mostly-healthy Bogut (who only played 32 games last year) and Curry, added a fairly significant starter in Andre Iguodala, and have what should be improved play from young players Klay and Barnes.

Yet all that has only resulted in a (projected) 2 game improvement. I wouldn't call it a disaster by any means, but this team doesn't seem to be making a whole lot of progress. They still have some potential to be a surprise, longshot, dark horse team in the playoffs, but that's about it. Getting bounced in the first round or missing the playoffs entirely is at least as likely as them making a deep run. Considering they are capped out, up against the luxury tax, and basically have no draft picks remaining for years, the prospects for making a big jump necessary to compete for a title are a challenge.

What I see is a fairly significantly improved defense over last year, while the offense has taken a step back. And if anything, they are not taking care of the ball even as much as last year, where they already were pretty bad. The problem is, this team is not built for a half court offense, hence they do poorly in slowed-down, grind-it-out- style games, which their improved defense tends to increase the likelihood of.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I do think that Myers felt that the acquisition of Iguadola would make the Warriors an elite team and a true contender. Otherwise, patience would've been a better approach -- starting Barnes, keeping our draft assets, and letting those 3 contracts come off the books a the end of this season, for 24 mil off the cap. As it is the Warriors have no cap space and no picks this offseason.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not someone else; you.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I do think that Myers felt that the acquisition of Iguadola would make the Warriors an elite team and a true contender. Otherwise, patience would've been a better approach -- starting Barnes, keeping our draft assets, and letting those 3 contracts come off the books a the end of this season, for 24 mil off the cap. As it is the Warriors have no cap space and no picks this offseason.

It did make them elite before igudala got hurt

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did make them elite before igudala got hurt

Again without getting into what 'elite' means, I don't think I agree they were a championship contender yet with Iguodala early in the year. But they were close, closer than they are now with him gimpy. That said, it's not the only thing wrong with the team. The turnovers are a real thing.

So how can they make the leap to contender without cap room or draft picks? It will be tough, but not impossible. If they have better health next year, and the youngsters learn more, learn to take care of the ball better, etc they might have a shot. They will need some luck too, with other contenders falling back (will SA finally get too old? Will Miami?) or getting injuries. And a whole year with a deeper bench should help too.

I think I fall in the middle between Hambombs' optimism and tzill/southernfried's pessimism. They aren't/weren't ready this year, but they improved notably and may be able to contend next year...