• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mitchell To Wild

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors out there saying they have reached a deal. Prob more then we would have given him and I love what he did for us when he was here but he doesn't have much left in the tank.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. FA has started? Anyways, Craig Cunstance says Kings can't afford Mitchell after bringing back Gabby and Greene

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rule this year: teams can talk to UFAs for a week prior, but can not sign until July 1st
We know that they used to do this. How else could guys sign at 12:01 all the time? Now they can be a little more open about it

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious how these rumors get started. Free agency is still 5 days away and somehow they have Mitchell signing with Minnesota. Not that they couldn't use him I'm sure. I know there are most likely back door negotiations going on between teams and agents although there aren't supposed to be but this is a bit early to me. Probably some reporter asked Minnesota's GM (or some other team rep) if they could use someone like Willie Mitchell because it looks like he's going to be available. The GM or rep most likely answered that sure they could use him and might try to sign him if the price was right or some other stipulation. Off goes the reporter with his scoop. "Wild interested in Willie Mitchell" The rumor grows from that to "Willie Mitchell to sign with the Wild".

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rule this year: teams can talk to UFAs for a week prior, but can not sign until July 1st
We know that they used to do this. How else could guys sign at 12:01 all the time? Now they can be a little more open about it

OK that makes sense. Now I can better see how these rumors get out.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this today, his wife is from Minnesota and he played for the Wild before. Also tells me the Kings are not giving him more than a 1 year deal, which isn't what he wants. He wants 2+ years.

He did great here, but at his age and injury history if he wants more than a 1 year and look at it again in June deal, he won't be getting it here. McNabb is slotted to make $786,500 if he takes his MQO and Schultz made $700,000 as a GIII UFA. Both SAH, LH defenders. The Kings will be able to fill Mitchell's slot for under $1 million.

Would have liked to keep Mitchell but he needs to be flexible too and it sounds like he wasn't. I'm sure if the Kings would have offered him the same 2 years/$7 million he got in 2010 and 2012 he would have signed.