• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Gundy on the hot seat? Can he ever be?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2011 when Oklahoma State choked to Iowa State on that fateful Thursday night, Gundy and the Pokes have been stuck in, at best, mediocrity. Add to it that mediocrity is within the Big 12 conference. I am sure the Cowboy fans, and the 2 we have here, have kept hope that Gundy can return OSU to their 2011 glory days, but with each passing year it seems the only topic of intrigue from Stillwater is Gundy's mullet.

He had one great year and that is about it, yet he's been at Okie State for a long time. He's a lot like Harbaugh where it seems his schtick has kept him and his program in relevancy more so than results on the field.

So Oklahoma State with Gundy is like Oregon since Chip Kelly? Except Oregon is on their third coach and Oklahoma State hasn’t switched it up.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a man. He can take the heat.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wAr7Oe3.gif Oklahoma State since 2010: 85-32 (72% win rate)
Oregon since 2010: 89-30 (75% win rate).

If you go last 3 years to discuss recent relevance (which I'd agree has been diminished for both). I don't know the cause of Oregon's recent struggles but with us you take away Baker Mayfield and we probably have at least one NYD bowl during that stretch.

Oklahoma State 37-12 (76%)
Oregon 30-18 (63%)

Not sure what OP is smoking because they are basically the same this decade. Oregon has a playoff appearance but Oklahoma State hasn't had a losing season and would have had one as well if it were available earlier in the decade.

This is a really bad troll attempt and honestly it's dumb to troll a fanbase here thats like literally two people.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles

One thing about Miles-he didn't flinch when it came to OU. I think he was 2-2 against them which is historically great for us. Plus, he took us to bowl games, which 20 years ago was a big deal. His first year was when I was a senior. We didn't go bowling that year but I got to come back and watch a Texas Bowl and Cotton Bowl* during his tenure. I give them both credit for our resurgence. Gundy was Miles OC and aside from year one of the transition it's been better than we had since Gundy was handing off to Barry and Thurman.

*I have a great Cotton Bowl story. So that year we played Ole Miss and they had a quarterback named Eli Manning. It was a great game-back and forth. I was sitting behind an Ole Miss College student who walked into the stadium with two girls on his arm. Me, in grad school at the time was only a year or two older. In the end they prevailed and Ole Miss kid hands me his flask and tells me to take a nip because I deserve it. We'd been in each others ear the entire game, but I thought that was pretty cool. OU and LSU were playing for a natty that year and the whole stadium was chanting SEC SEC SEC in the end. Post game tailgating with the Ole Miss people was great. It was one of the best college experiences I've had.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

I've always believed that while that rant came from a good spot in his heart. It was totally nonsensical.