• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL MBBRL CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT

Ratify change ?

• yea

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • nay

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's importance is pretty well stressed. ..... however, a reminder now and again is certainly worthwhile. ... thanks Steeler. ....

II. General Board Rules:
i. Keep posting - Activity level on designated MBBRL boards is the backbone of this league. (It will, among other things, be used as a tiebreaker if; (1) for some reason, the choice of retention between one member or another has to be made, (2) in relegation, in the event of a tie after all other tiebreakers, (3) others, such as Oblivion, as defined within. (clarified for 2017)
VI. Relegation:
i. In normal circumstances, two teams will move up from the B league to the A league and two teams will move down from the A league to the B league. Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, H2H will be the first tiebreaker, breakdown record will be the second tiebreaker, total points the third tiebreaker -- and if we still have a tie, activity level will determine.
VIII. Oblivion:
Process:
xiii. Not being active on the boards doesn't feel like a good reason to kick someone out, but if they're out because that's how the rules went, it's a legit consideration for whether they make it back in.
i know it's stressed ...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i vote nay on this rule... I dont mind a committee, but i hate the thought of letting people into the league and constantly telling them they are not equal owners to others...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i vote nay on this rule... I dont mind a committee, but i hate the thought of letting people into the league and constantly telling them they are not equal owners to others...
that's a good take

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume that you don't need a vote from ehb or myself. But it would be a yes if you did need it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i may joine milk and bronco here, because basically a few guys run the group then

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i may joine milk and bronco here, because basically a few guys run the group then

MBBR leagues are the most democratic of any leagues I belong to. Every other league I'm in was created by someone who is the commish, he decided everything. No discussion and no voting.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but then why weight the votes?
Why not? Feel it's a generous set up compared to other leagues. I'm not concerned that my vote carries less weight then a few others. If I'm passionate about something I'm confident my voice well be heard. The real decisions are made in the discussions, the vote is usually just a confirmation of the decision that's already been made. Frankly I think most upcoming issues are not going to be tough ones and really just a formality.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This amendment isn't to institute a weighing of the votes. .. that's already in, done, written in blood, carved in stone, been that way since day one.

This is simply adding our two new members to the roll call...changes in bold italics

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically saying nay means you don't want EHB and Fem to have votes, or to accumulate tenure going forward

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you see article VIII section xi, you'll see that this was something you've already read and agreed to as a member of the MBBRL.

Plus I think we've gone through this exercise, which is basically what led to the Constitution.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind a committee, but i hate the thought of letting people into the league and constantly telling them they are not equal owners to others
Just to clarify, the weighted votes is for new MBBRL recruits.
Everything else is equal voting. Like this amendment.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This amendment isn't to institute a weighing of the votes. .. that's already in, done, written in blood, carved in stone, been that way since day one.

This is simply adding our two new members to the roll call...changes in bold italics
Hence why I don't care to vote.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MBBR leagues are the most democratic of any leagues I belong to. Every other league I'm in was created by someone who is the commish, he decided everything. No discussion and no voting.
The league I run has an exec committee that makes rulings on any on the fly conflicts and new members and such. Then, we have a meeting every summer to discuss rule changes and such that affects everyone.