• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL MBBRL CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT

Ratify change ?

• yea

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • nay

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league I run has an exec committee that makes rulings on any on the fly conflicts and new members and such. Then, we have a meeting every summer to discuss rule changes and such that affects everyone.

Guess you could call the original members the exec committee if you wanted to. I got no problem with the setup at all, because like I said discussions are where decisions are made. Think it pretty cool that every little thing is discussed, even when we know it's a formality, like voting for you and EHB into the league. Not sure why this is being rehashed, it's been discussed and decided already.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you could call the original members the exec committee if you wanted to. I got no problem with the setup at all, because like I said discussions are where decisions are made. Think it pretty cool that every little thing is discussed, even when we know it's a formality, like voting for you and EHB into the league. Not sure why this is being rehashed, it's been discussed and decided already.
makes sense, i'm not being a jerk face

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22 @broncosmitty @SteelersPride

There is absolutely nothing saying that you can't propose an amendment to the constitution stating that you think none of the voting should be weighted and everybody's vote should count as one. In fact, I think one of the main reasons we did the constitution in the first place was so any discussions or league changes can just be put to a vote to see if the majority of the league agrees or disagrees. Honestly I had no idea that this was a sticking point because it's been that way since Wil was here. He's the one that originally made that rule. Here is Wil's post from October 18, 2014 in the oblivion rules discussion, although I do not think we ever voted on it or anything, because nobody brought up any objections to it at the time:

The reason for oblivion: sometimes people seem like pretty good owners in pre-season, but end up not taking care of their teams, and - just as bad - not posting. Usually the two go hand in hand. But even if their team was awful they could still say "sure" in the exciting days of next August and re-up, and run their team the same way again, while guys like Shady or Nos would be left out. The "oblivion" rule is a chance for not-really-interested owners to drop out naturally rather than having to be voted out. And if for some reason everybody wanted them back instead, they could come back.

Not being active on the boards doesn't feel like a good reason to kick someone out, but if they're out because that's how the rules went, it's a legit consideration for whether they make it back in.

Now, if at the end of the year the A leaguers really hate to see the bottom two guys go of course they could be voted back in, and it probably also means the B league is in good shape. And if there are a few more guys we'd really like to bring in, a C league would make sense. But it should be set up identical to the A and B leagues, even if there end up being a few drones. Drones are better than bad owners. (The problem is that it won't be much fun to run.)

It's not really about expansion, or about punishment, or about a path back in, but about maintaining a critical mass of quality players/posters in the MBBRL, whatever size it is.

As to who votes on who gets in, regardless of the situation... I think everybody in the A and B leagues should vote, but votes should get multiplied by the number of years in the league. (Those here the longest have the most at stake.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, the weighted votes is for new MBBRL recruits.
Everything else is equal voting. Like this amendment.

maybe i just dont get it... if it is only for the MBBRL recruit voting, what is the purpose... would any of you guys vote against potential owners that the majority would care about voting in?? why even mention that some owners dont have equal footing?? again, i have nothing against having a committee... it is just dont have a democratic process if all you need is a certain amount of the "top owners" votes...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bowing out of this discussion, rehashing something that everyone agreed to six months ago, especially on a matter that what boils down to is simple clerical housekeeping, and has exactly zero to do with what's being voted on, is starting to get my dander up. This is why i relinquished the commish duties

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of it like the US democratic process. Some states get more electoral votes than others.

I understand how this can be unsettling a bit.
But have the founding members caused any harm to the league and new members?
Thats all I have on it too

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MilkSpiller22 @broncosmitty @SteelersPride

There is absolutely nothing saying that you can't propose an amendment to the constitution stating that you think none of the voting should be weighted and everybody's vote should count as one. In fact, I think one of the main reasons we did the constitution in the first place was so any discussions or league changes can just be put to a vote to see if the majority of the league agrees or disagrees. Honestly I had no idea that this was a sticking point because it's been that way since Wil was here. He's the one that originally made that rule. Here is Wil's post from October 18, 2014 in the oblivion rules discussion, although I do not think we ever voted on it or anything, because nobody brought up any objections to it at the time:

The reason for oblivion: sometimes people seem like pretty good owners in pre-season, but end up not taking care of their teams, and - just as bad - not posting. Usually the two go hand in hand. But even if their team was awful they could still say "sure" in the exciting days of next August and re-up, and run their team the same way again, while guys like Shady or Nos would be left out. The "oblivion" rule is a chance for not-really-interested owners to drop out naturally rather than having to be voted out. And if for some reason everybody wanted them back instead, they could come back.

Not being active on the boards doesn't feel like a good reason to kick someone out, but if they're out because that's how the rules went, it's a legit consideration for whether they make it back in.

Now, if at the end of the year the A leaguers really hate to see the bottom two guys go of course they could be voted back in, and it probably also means the B league is in good shape. And if there are a few more guys we'd really like to bring in, a C league would make sense. But it should be set up identical to the A and B leagues, even if there end up being a few drones. Drones are better than bad owners. (The problem is that it won't be much fun to run.)

It's not really about expansion, or about punishment, or about a path back in, but about maintaining a critical mass of quality players/posters in the MBBRL, whatever size it is.

As to who votes on who gets in, regardless of the situation... I think everybody in the A and B leagues should vote, but votes should get multiplied by the number of years in the league. (Those here the longest have the most at stake.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
i was wrong in the voting, but being active on the boards is a ground rule.....just saying. and a requirement for hokning

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i just dont get it... if it is only for the MBBRL recruit voting, what is the purpose... would any of you guys vote against potential owners that the majority would care about voting in?? why even mention that some owners dont have equal footing?? again, i have nothing against having a committee... it is just dont have a democratic process if all you need is a certain amount of the "top owners" votes...

I will explain, then I hope you can leave this alone, because like others have said, this provision was in the constitution that you agreed to.

For just about everything, voting is equal. The one exception is for voting in new members where votes are weighted. The reasoning is simple. Those of us who have been here longest have the most invested in the league. New owners will need to generate a critical mass of support from that group to get in. As long as they are active on the boards and not behaving poorly, they will. It is as simple as that.

This league is only as good as its members. While I love seeing new blood come in, it is important that each candidate be properly vetted and have support from the originals. After all, none of us would be here if not for them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will explain, then I hope you can leave this alone, because like others have said, this provision was in the constitution that you agreed to.

For just about everything, voting is equal. The one exception is for voting in new members where votes are weighted. The reasoning is simple. Those of us who have been here longest have the most invested in the league. New owners will need to generate a critical mass of support from that group to get in. As long as they are active on the boards and not behaving poorly, they will. It is as simple as that.

This league is only as good as its members. While I love seeing new blood come in, it is important that each candidate be properly vetted and have support from the originals. After all, none of us would be here if not for them.

i didnt bring it up... this was brought up again for vote TODAY... i explained why i voted the way i did, and then others need to explain it...

I brought it up when we originally talked about it too... i am not a fan of the rule, and if we are voting for it i will vote against it... thats all...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

which brings me to the active part..
i was wrong in the voting, but being active on the boards is a ground rule.....just saying. and a requirement for hokning
honking means joining lol , darn phone

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bowing out of this discussion, rehashing something that everyone agreed to six months ago, especially on a matter that what boils down to is simple clerical housekeeping, and has exactly zero to do with what's being voted on, is starting to get my dander up. This is why i relinquished the commish duties
I know exactly what you mean and I don't blame you one bit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt bring it up... this was brought up again for vote TODAY... i explained why i voted the way i did, and then others need to explain it...

I brought it up when we originally talked about it too... i am not a fan of the rule, and if we are voting for it i will vote against it... thats all...

Except that isn't what we are voting on.

we had this discussion back in January and you said the same thing then. Time to move on

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna lie I'm really drunk right now but I read that and had know idea what I was voting on so I busy didn't vote

Normally a couple auto correct typos wouldn't be so funny, but the since you started the post talking about how drink you were... LOL. Well done sir!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - the amendment has received enough support (15 votes) to carry and become a part of our constitution. I'll give it another couple of days to see if anyone else wishes to share thoughts and vote.