• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Greene signing Close.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are a 4 year deal. Guessing Mitchell is gone unless he'll take a 1 year deal or a 2 year deal for really cheap.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell wants 2 years, at age 37 I don't know if I would issue that were I LA.

He is still decent, but has lost a step, missed an entire season and parts of both playoffs in 2013 and 2014 due to injuries. He also is the worst possession defender on the blueline (all signs of age) per advanced stats and metrics.

I don't want the Kings to present it as a take it or leave it offer, but he shouldn't be given more than a 1 year deal and then go on a year to year basis although I don't think he will be in the league more than 2 more years anyway.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Greene but I think 4 years is a bit long for someone who has been in and out of the lineup....

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the in and out stuff was brought on by his injury and how well Martinez played in his place. He finally got back into the lineup during the playoffs and played excellent physical defense. Used his size to clear out the front of the crease and wasn't burned too many times by speed. He isn't the fastest skater we all know. He's only 32 so 4 years isn't all that bad as long as the dollars are right to fit the budget. We all knew only one between Greene and Mitchell would be kept. Looks like the Kings decided on he younger guy.

Ox

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am one of the few that wanted Greene in there and think he can be a monster. The injuries are what has me concerned as he is starting to rack them up.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to all your excellent points mentioned above, Greene did not take any dumb penalties in the playoffs that I can remember which was huge. He was indeed excellent.

In addition to age, I really think something about Mitchell's injury (how it happened? the way he communicated to the team about it? something else?) really bothered Lombardi, to the point where no way was he staying. Nothing specific, just the tone and tenor of how Dean would talk about it, and how important character is to him told me Mitchell would be gone. This is more intuition and reading between the lines (I could be wrong) but it seems that stuck in the craw of Lombardi.

heLL paso

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Greene but I think 4 years is a bit long for someone who has been in and out of the lineup....

Agreed. I thought for sure he was a goner.