• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martzist?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean he will tell Gase to "Fuck off"?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Just the term "Martzist" is pretty hilarious.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Martz-like system worked with Peyton manning because he got the ball out quickly. Cutler won't do it as well and we might have issues with sacks.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about starved for Bears info, and putting everything into the "Jay's gonna fuck it up anyway" context. Ghaaa. Running with one tiny little term that bares VERY little weight. There might be some concepts- but so what. Completely different team.
Plus- for all the hates- didn't um... Jay have his LEAST about of picks under Martz? Yep.
Most sacks... injuries- and lack of creativity and stuborness on Martz's part at the time. Not to mention REALLY crappy WR's and OLine back then.
Just wait... Who knows. Last year at this time they were in the Playoff "next best thing" conversation. This year they are being said to be the "Worst team in the NFL" per recent meaningless POWER rankings. Just wait. Watch. Cheer... eat wings. Bears.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martzist? LOL. Well played, Cali...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think of a clever pun with one of Marx's manifesto titles. But nothing really works… :scratch:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about starved for Bears info, and putting everything into the "Jay's gonna fuck it up anyway" context. Ghaaa. Running with one tiny little term that bares VERY little weight. There might be some concepts- but so what. Completely different team.
Plus- for all the hates- didn't um... Jay have his LEAST about of picks under Martz? Yep.
Most sacks... injuries- and lack of creativity and stuborness on Martz's part at the time. Not to mention REALLY crappy WR's and OLine back then.
Just wait... Who knows. Last year at this time they were in the Playoff "next best thing" conversation. This year they are being said to be the "Worst team in the NFL" per recent meaningless POWER rankings. Just wait. Watch. Cheer... eat wings. Bears.
Why do you continue to defend Jay? I used to defend him too, but now he's shown what he is. He's a strong and inaccurate arm. He struggles to read defenses properly, and has a tendency to throw into double and triple coverage. None of that has changed in his first ~10 years in the league, and I doubt it does next year either.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love? Meh.......not a jealous twit like you are. But I do like the qb we have.

of what?

That there are better qbs out there than what we have?

Damn skippy.......

I do not understand what you guys see in him........honestly.

Like BF said "What do you see in him that garners all this greatness you guys see in him"?

I for one see nothing...............And this strong arm bullshit you guys also speak of.........damn I`ve watched other qbs play too,and I swear Cam,Stafford,Brady and Rodgars have stronger arms than him.
And there maybe a few more.........And if he does have this miraculous arm,what has it gotten him?.
he always comes up with these timely interceptions all the time.
The Dallas game was one that comes to mind.
Dallas kicking our ass,then Jay starts to make a move for a couple of series getting my hopes up for a comeback win,just to have him throw another timely interception in the endzone...........One that was not close to a reciever.
Jay is no better than a 11-13 top qb..........That's it.

Sorry but he`s finito! Time to move on.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And twit................lmao

Dude,you can call me whatever you like,there is nothing you can say on here that will ever get me mad.

Name calling is the first line of defeat................

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you continue to defend Jay? I used to defend him too, but now he's shown what he is. He's a strong and inaccurate arm. He struggles to read defenses properly, and has a tendency to throw into double and triple coverage. None of that has changed in his first ~10 years in the league, and I doubt it does next year either.

I've been pretty clear on why but these are a couple of reasons:
  • Best in Bears History: It's funny how everyone likes to go to the history book for every other position... but when the QB is brought up- it's viewed as a negative. Why? Being the best in franchise history is bad? I don't get that.
  • The shear hate: I never understand and don't get the personal hate and attacks on any player. The guy has always been a professional Vs what we have seen in the NFL lately? He's still the most hated man in the league. He needs an advocate especially from his home town team. It's become so bad that Body language, jerkface, smoking memes, non-football stuff. Everything is seen as a negative. "Look at Jay just sitting there, He should be talking to his teammates!" For some everything is covered in shit and that's all they see. Even when he does good things they are not mentioned or glossed over to point out the bad. All QB's do these thing- When Peyton or Brady scream at teammates it's called leadership- when Jay does it, he's call a jerk. Last year: Rodgers losing by 23 points to the Saints and was shown for 45 seconds laughing on the sidelines after being benched late in the game... Not ONE peep from anyone- fans/NFL/rival players...crickets. If Jay did that: it would be a lead story on ESPN and the Score- shit Steve Rosenbloom would have written a 10 page article on it.
  • There is NOTHING ELSE! I'll never understand why Bears fans of all people would willingly and gleefully elect to go down that 20 year path of "looking for a QB". We did that. FOREVER!! I truly believe that because we faced Favre and now Rodgers as our rivals for 2+ Decades. (2 of the BEST ever) The idea that it may be "easy" to find these guys, has crept into the brains of Bears fans. It's not. It's luck and continuity of team/coaching staff/scheme. 95% of "elite" qb's have had the same system/coach for years. The bears have not.
  • The Team isn't/hasn't been as good as people believe: This goes to "All we need is a QB" people that still believe Defense alone wins championships. No TEAMS win them. People want to say these are excuses when we mention Bad olines, Terrible WR's, Bad defense...etc. since Jay's been here. But those are facts too. Injuries to key players have been huge reasons too. Does a 2009 team win more if a end of his Prime Brian Urlacher doesn't miss the whole year? Yes. If Peanut & Briggs don't get hurt the past two years? If Peppers decided to play in 2013? If Martz doesn't call 7 step drops and allow 9 sacks in a half? If Lovie Smith could have found a safety since Mike Brown?
  • Jay Cutler is a guy willing to take needed chances: I like that vs the Neckbeard BORING checkdown "game managers" that some wish we had. You need to be willing to let your playmakers make plays- the great catches and amazing plays are always a drop away from being called a "bad decision"- should have checked it down... instead of "WHAT a gutsy throw!"
  • Grand scheme of things: Down by 3-4 touchdowns a Hail Mary 50 yard heave into the endzone that is picked right before halftime or end of the game is still listed as INT at the end of the year. (Jay did that 5 times last year)
I don't believe Jay is ELITE. I do think he's a guy we can win with. He's here, He's MY teams starting QB...I'm going to cheer for him and defend him if needed. Simple as that. I mean it's a game- If the Bears win or lose or if Jay throws 4 TD's or 3 picks it really doesn't change anything in my life. Why be all pissed off and bitch about it? It's a game, it's not my money paying these guys- I'd much rather be positive and try and enjoy my time watching games. It's much more fun to cheer than swear at the TV all the time. It's just a game. I still have to go to work the next day. And so does everyone else. Cheers! Go Bears!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay is no better than a 11-13 top qb..........That's it.

Sorry but he`s finito! Time to move on.

A. A top 11-13 QB is still a damn good option in this day and age.
B. Move on to WHAT? Who? What's the guarantee that "he" will be better then 11-13th best? ZERO. What's the chances he's a HOF? The willingness to move on to the unknown when you say we have a 11-13th best player is more than a little misguided.
C. How is he "finito"? (good word use btw...wrong, but still) a Guy who just threw 28 td's in one season in the NFL is Finito? Okay if you say so.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And twit................lmao

Dude,you can call me whatever you like,there is nothing you can say on here that will ever get me mad.

Name calling is the first line of defeat................
Not trying to get you mad or calling you names twit, just calling it how I see it. Not sure why you are even trying to change any body's mind on Jay. We all have are reasons why we like him or why we don't like him. Nothing you have said has changed anybody mind. If you would look at things realistically like BLH or others you may be worth listening to. Otherwise you are just sounding like the teacher on Charlie Brown.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Best in Bears History: It's funny how everyone likes to go to the history book for every other position... but when the QB is brought up- it's viewed as a negative. Why? Being the best in franchise history is bad? I don't get that.
  • The shear hate: I never understand and don't get the personal hate and attacks on any player. The guy has always been a professional Vs what we have seen in the NFL lately? He's still the most hated man in the league. He needs an advocate especially from his home town team. It's become so bad that Body language, jerkface, smoking memes, non-football stuff. Everything is seen as a negative. "Look at Jay just sitting there, He should be talking to his teammates!" For some everything is covered in shit and that's all they see. Even when he does good things they are not mentioned or glossed over to point out the bad. All QB's do these thing- When Peyton or Brady scream at teammates it's called leadership- when Jay does it, he's call a jerk. Last year: Rodgers losing by 23 points to the Saints and was shown for 45 seconds laughing on the sidelines after being benched late in the game... Not ONE peep from anyone- fans/NFL/rival players...crickets. If Jay did that: it would be a lead story on ESPN and the Score- shit Steve Rosenbloom would have written a 10 page article on it.
  • There is NOTHING ELSE! I'll never understand why Bears fans of all people would willingly and gleefully elect to go down that 20 year path of "looking for a QB". We did that. FOREVER!! I truly believe that because we faced Favre and now Rodgers as our rivals for 2+ Decades. (2 of the BEST ever) The idea that it may be "easy" to find these guys, has crept into the brains of Bears fans. It's not. It's luck and continuity of team/coaching staff/scheme. 95% of "elite" qb's have had the same system/coach for years. The bears have not.
  • The Team isn't/hasn't been as good as people believe: This goes to "All we need is a QB" people that still believe Defense alone wins championships. No TEAMS win them. People want to say these are excuses when we mention Bad olines, Terrible WR's, Bad defense...etc. since Jay's been here. But those are facts too. Injuries to key players have been huge reasons too. Does a 2009 team win more if a end of his Prime Brian Urlacher doesn't miss the whole year? Yes. If Peanut & Briggs don't get hurt the past two years? If Peppers decided to play in 2013? If Martz doesn't call 7 step drops and allow 9 sacks in a half? If Lovie Smith could have found a safety since Mike Brown?
  • Jay Cutler is a guy willing to take needed chances: I like that vs the Neckbeard BORING checkdown "game managers" that some wish we had. You need to be willing to let your playmakers make plays- the great catches and amazing plays are always a drop away from being called a "bad decision"- should have checked it down... instead of "WHAT a gutsy throw!"
  • Grand scheme of things: Down by 3-4 touchdowns a Hail Mary 50 yard heave into the endzone that is picked right before halftime or end of the game is still listed as INT at the end of the year. (Jay did that 5 times last year)
I don't believe Jay is ELITE. I do think he's a guy we can win with. He's here, He's MY teams starting QB...I'm going to cheer for him and defend him if needed. Simple as that. I mean it's a game- If the Bears win or lose or if Jay throws 4 TD's or 3 picks it really doesn't change anything in my life. Why be all pissed off and bitch about it? It's a game, it's not my money paying these guys- I'd much rather be positive and try and enjoy my time watching games. It's much more fun to cheer than swear at the TV all the time. It's just a game. I still have to go to work the next day. And so does everyone else. Cheers! Go Bears!
First of all, being the best QB in Bears history is like being the tallest midget. He's also not the best in Bears history. Sid Luckman and Jimmy Mac are both better. Just cuz he's one of the best Bears abs ever doesn't make him good. It also doesn't and shouldn't make his job safe.

I also agree that the hate is unwarranted. I don't really hate Jay, but you got to expect that with the Chicago media.

As for the 20 year path to find a good QB, I don't think it'll be that bad after Jay. Quarterback is a position that is hard to find quality starters, but it's not near as hard as it used to be. There are a lot more quality quarterbacks in the league now then there have ever been and there will be many more entering the league in the future. That 20 year period where the Bears were struggling to find a good QB was also partially caused by the fact that good qbs were much harder to find.

I also agree the team hasn't been as good as people believe, but that doesn't excuse the performance of Cutler. He may not have been the only problem, but he was one of the problems, and a big one at that.

Cutler is willing to take chances, I'll give him that, but he also makes boneheaded mistakes. I'm not judging him based on his stats, honestly I don't even know what they are off the top of my head, I'm judging him based off the eye test. And what my eyes tell me is Jay Cutler makes too many mistakes to be a franchise QB. You seem to be labeling him as a gunslinger, but he doesn't move the chains like a good QB should. Too many times when the Bears needed the offense to do something it stalled and a lot of that lies on Jays shoulders. You seem to think he's not a bad QB, but he's also not a QB that will help win a super bowl (especially with his salary weighing down on the cap) and isn't that the goal? I guess we tend to disagree on the fact that We can win with cutler.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Best in Bears History: It's funny how everyone likes to go to the history book for every other position... I don't get that.
He is not the best in Bears history....Luckman owns that distinction.Jay needs to be a HOF`er to become best ever......not gonna happen.
  • The shear hate: I never understand and don't get the personal hate and attacks on any player. - When Peyton or Brady scream at teammates it's called leadership- when Jay does it, he's call a jerk.
Don`t compare Jay to these HOF qbs......These guys have put their teams in the SB and won.These guys have a few MVP AWards....Jay will never get those either.Jay fucks up way too much to be yelling at team mates.....
  • Last year: Rodgers losing by 23 points to the Saints and was shown for 45 seconds laughing on the sidelines after being benched late in the game... Not ONE peep from anyone- fans/NFL/rival players...crickets. If Jay did that: it would be a lead story on ESPN and the Score- shit Steve Rosenbloom would have written a 10 page article on it.
  • Once again,you are comparing Jay to a HOF qb...............AR is 10x the qb that Jay ever will be.........stop the nonsense.
And we are still looking for our qb.......Even the front office is still not sold on jay....Not sure why you are.
  • The Team isn't/hasn't been as good as people believe: This goes to "All we need is a QB" people that still believe Defense alone wins championships. No TEAMS win them. People want to say these are excuses when we mention Bad olines, Terrible WR's, Bad defense...etc. since Jay's been here. But those are facts too. Injuries to key players have been huge reasons too.
All teams go thru injuries......And no its more than just us needing a qb......We DO need more defense added to this mix.I have to agree with you.But jay does not play defense,and with/and as great as you think he is,we should be keeping games closer than what he did.We were 23rd in scoring last season....a top 3-5 rb in forte,top notch wrs in BM and AJ,a top 10 te in Bennett and we are 23rd in scoring.........The year before we did great...........Why the fall off?.....Your guys excuse is because of Trestman...............Sheesh,not another coach excuse.
I don't believe Jay is ELITE. I do think he's a guy we can win with. He's here, He's MY teams starting QB...I'm going to cheer for him and defend him if needed. Simple as that. I mean it's a game- If the Bears win or lose or if Jay throws 4 TD's or 3 picks it really doesn't change anything in my life. Why be all pissed off and bitch about it? It's a game, it's not my money paying these guys- I'd much rather be positive and try and enjoy my time watching games. It's much more fun to cheer than swear at the TV all the time. It's just a game. I still have to go to work the next day. And so does everyone else. Cheers! Go Bear!

No Jay is not elite....never will be.....And no we can`t win with him....And yes,he has a Bears logo on the side of his helmet,I have to cheer for this guy every weekend.but he leaves me no choices.
the fact is,he likes to call out his coach(fuck off martz,likes to call out a teammate after a false start-only to fumble the ball away on the next play,walks away from his coaches like he did Tice,rides a fucking bike while we are in thee most important game ever vs GB when he should try to be out on that field hobbling like most qbs do when injured) while being one of the biggest fuck-ups the team has......Brandon Marshall did the right thing by calling his out in the locker room last season.SOMEONE had too.

in the one post I had that I said he was a 11-13 top qb,I gave him toooooo much credt.Try 13-15 top qb.[/QUOTE]