• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

locker room trouble?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark's argument is that none of the guys you have mentioned, with the possible exception of Wilson, is a proven top level franchise QB. And that's a legit argument. But again the offense has been around for an hour and a half, his agrument is more like "show me how many 2014 Honda Civics have 100,000 miles on them".

Given time we very likely will see a number of top QBs running the read option. Just because Peyton doesn't run it does not mean you can't have success with it as Seattle has already shown.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because to call a spade a spade, I dont think there is a defense in the league that fears RG3 from the pocket.

From the time I first got here your entire argument is Griffin is not the right QB because he can't run Gruden's offense. You said he is only effective in the read option. Well guess what? Just as many of us predicted they ran the read option on Sunday and you saw the effect it had on the running game. Another example of how you are never happy with #10 behind center.

He ran effectively and protected himself very well, something you claim he can not do. He drove the team down the field to take the lead not once but twice late in the game, sprung Morris for his biggest day in a year and a half, put up 27 points (to Colt's 20 in overtime) and all you can harp on is the pick and the sacks as you claim he had a bad game. . And you wonder why so many of us debate with you day after day after day? Because you do this stuff as well as call turn over on downs turnovers when they are not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we hear is how the OL looks better with Colt and Cousins in the game. This is true, for pass protection. Now let's look at the other side of the coin, run blocking. Obviously Griffin makes a huge difference in the running game, Alf had his best game in over a year. But this is conveniently overlooked by the haters and it's the double standard that exists that is very frustrating. He holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks. WE GET THAT. He also opens up the running game and makes plays few QBs make. GET THAT as well.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the time I first got here your entire argument is Griffin is not the right QB because he can't run Gruden's offense. You said he is only effective in the read option. Well guess what? Just as many of us predicted they ran the read option on Sunday and you saw the effect it had on the running game. Another example of how you are never happy with #10 behind center.

He ran effectively and protected himself very well, something you claim he can not do. He drove the team down the field to take the lead not once but twice late in the game, sprung Morris for his biggest day in a year and a half, put up 27 points (to Colt's 20 in overtime) and all you can harp on is the pick and the sacks as you claim he had a bad game. . And you wonder why so many of us debate with you day after day after day? Because you do this stuff as well as call turn over on downs turnovers when they are not.

Actually, I do wonder why so many of you debate him day after day. You're not changing his opinion and he's not changing yours. You both have made your points multiple times. How many more times do you think are needed?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I do wonder why so many of you debate him day after day. You're not changing his opinion and he's not changing yours. You both have made your points multiple times. How many more times do you think are needed?

Yep - you are actually rt for the most part (although I would change my opinion on a lot of this depending on the play in the next several weeks). Oh well - just a guilty pleasure that is hard to avoid at times - guilty as charged. Also - if you take away these type of posts this board would be practically dead (a given with the Skins lack of success).

It would be nice if at sometime in the reasonably near future we can talk about the Redskins success in various areas instead of some of the other crap. Someday!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - you are actually rt for the most part (although I would change my opinion on a lot of this depending on the play in the next several weeks). Oh well - just a guilty pleasure that is hard to avoid at times - guilty as charged. Also - if you take away these type of posts this board would be practically dead (a given with the Skins lack of success).

It would be nice if at sometime in the reasonably near future we can talk about the Redskins success in various areas instead of some of the other crap. Someday!

Don't get me wrong, I get caught up in it also. But Once I feel I am just repeating myself over and over, I try and stop. You are just banging your head against the wall at that point.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I get caught up in it also. But Once I feel I am just repeating myself over and over, I try and stop. You are just banging your head against the wall at that point.

Yep & especially with the bye week probably time to take a break from this stuff for a bit.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we hear is how the OL looks better with Colt and Cousins in the game. This is true, for pass protection. Now let's look at the other side of the coin, run blocking. Obviously Griffin makes a huge difference in the running game, Alf had his best game in over a year. But this is conveniently overlooked by the haters and it's the double standard that exists that is very frustrating. He holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks. WE GET THAT. He also opens up the running game and makes plays few QBs make. GET THAT as well.

What you don't get is that a QB isn't measured just by the few great plays he makes, he's also measured by avoiding the mistakes that cost you games. If all a QB had to do to be great was make a few plays, and it didn't matter how many mistakes you made, then Rex Grossman would be going to the Hall of Fame. And Tony Romo would have won some Super Bowls by now.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't get is that a QB isn't measured just by the few great plays he makes, he's also measured by avoiding the mistakes that cost you games. If all a QB had to do to be great was make a few plays, and it didn't matter how many mistakes you made, then Rex Grossman would be going to the Hall of Fame. And Tony Romo would have won some Super Bowls by now.

:agree: