• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

locker room trouble?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I gotta agree with Shark here. I want to believe that Snyder is hands off but with his track record you would have to be an idiot to give him the benefit of the doubt. Would not surprise me a bit if the order came from him to start Griffin. He couldn't do it with Shanny but Gruden does not have that much power.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I gotta agree with Shark here. I want to believe that Snyder is hands off but with his track record you would have to be an idiot to give him the benefit of the doubt. Would not surprise me a bit if the order came from him to start Griffin. He couldn't do it with Shanny but Gruden does not have that much power.

Sorry but I have to think that even with Shanahan, ultimately he had enough pull to get things done in the background if he really wanted them done. Everyone says Mike had nothing to lose by defying the owner, but ultimately he did lose the one thing he had left on his plate. Namely the Hall of Fame. It was questionable before he took the job with Washington. This was supposed to be the ride that cemented him as a HOF candidate and likely inductee. Now ultimately we know what the outcome was any way. But think for a moment how it would reflected on his chances of going in getting fired after year two of a five year deal. and i have no doubt that if Snyder really wanted the move for RG3, he would have pushed the point. I happen to think there is some truth to the idea that Shanahan didnt want to take RG3. But again, if Snyder didnt have the rep he has, that story wouldnt have a leg to stand on either.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are problems within the organization then sure I hope that they correct them. Again - they may be trying to go in that direction - who knows. Not much pt in even discussing this since it is total speculation.

As for the media - I don't care what they report at this point. Heck - make up another 100 stories if they like. ESPN has zero credibility at this pt & these type of situations are not unique to the Redskins or the NFL. They play the same games with the NBA, MLB, golf, etc.

Their primary programming at this pt is based off rumors, tweets, guys on screen yelling at each other, moronic ex-jocks & a little T&A on Sportscenter. They are a laughable outlet at this time. I am just going to laugh at them moving forward so no real problem with any more of these stories being reported.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thoughts: Regarding the ESPN story I don't think there is any question that the Redskins are being made as an easy target. Story had no credibility but the 4 letter jumped on it like it was the Kennedy assassination. Now is that because of the circus that is Snyder or the name change? Hard to say. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I gotta say I'm beginning to wonder when it comes to replays. We haven't won one yet and there is no doubt some of them we got screwed on

Another topic is the whole notion that Robert has 7 games to prove he can be good again or we look for a better QB. How exactly do you guys plan to do that? Do I need to remind you of the miss rate of first round QBs? The miss rate on taking another team's backup and hope he turns into another Brett Favre? What's your hurry? We have Griff signed for a year and a half. Why in the world are you ready to bail on a guy who has shown to be great in this offense at the end of the year and replace him with a pick that more than likely will be at the Ponder level? Relax and let this thing play out for the rest of next year before making a panic move

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thoughts: Regarding the ESPN story I don't think there is any question that the Redskins are being made as an easy target. Story had no credibility but the 4 letter jumped on it like it was the Kennedy assassination. Now is that because of the circus that is Snyder or the name change? Hard to say. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I gotta say I'm beginning to wonder when it comes to replays. We haven't won one yet and there is no doubt some of them we got screwed on

Another topic is the whole notion that Robert has 7 games to prove he can be good again or we look for a better QB. How exactly do you guys plan to do that? Do I need to remind you of the miss rate of first round QBs? The miss rate on taking another team's backup and hope he turns into another Brett Favre? What's your hurry? We have Griff signed for a year and a half. Why in the world are you ready to bail on a guy who has shown to be great in this offense at the end of the year and replace him with a pick that more than likely will be at the Ponder level? Relax and let this thing play out for the rest of next year before making a panic move

If we can proclaim Cousins as nothing more than backup material after a total of 13 games played, and other players as not even worthy of being in the NFL after just as many games, why should Griffin not be held to at least this standard if not higher. Yes I know I know TWO WHOLE years ago he was GREAT. And three years ago Tim Tebow was two wins away from playing in the Super Bowl. Fact is Griffin has shown to be great in a particular style of offense. One that I THOUGHT we were moving away from for various reasons not the least of which being that its not conducive to keeping said named great QB healthy and on the field.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you misunderstood what I said. He doesn't have to be a franchise caliber QB in 7 games, but I would expect to see improvement. If, after a season and a half (remember, he played 13 games last season and was still holding the ball too long and staring down receivers) he still has these same flaws consistently, then its fair to ask if he's the right guy and if he will ever make it. One of the problems he has is not really a learned trait, but a sense. That is pocket presence. The greats feel the pressure and slide to an opening while continuing to look downfield. Robert doesn't do that......he tends to look at the rush and back pedal. This is going to be a tough trait to overcome.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is my biggest fear j_yr19 But it's worth finding out and beats rolling the dice in the draft.

Shark: I have no idea why this continues to allude you. Top prospects have more potential. So therefore they are given more of an opportunity. That goes double when they set passing records and was the major reason for a division title as a rookie. His backup has not come close to Griffin's success, he was a marginal prospect and has lived up to that assessment with his play. That's how it works in professional sports and there is nothing unfair about it. Tim Tebow? Stop. Just stop. Tebow had 2 minutes of brilliance following 58 minutes of horror in a few games and became a cult hero to idiots. Griffin was never ever never anything like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is my biggest fear j_yr19 But it's worth finding out and beats rolling the dice in the draft.

Shark: I have no idea why this continues to allude you. Top prospects have more potential. So therefore they are given more of an opportunity. That goes double when they set passing records and was the major reason for a division title as a rookie. His backup has not come close to Griffin's success, he was a marginal prospect and has lived up to that assessment with his play. That's how it works in professional sports and there is nothing unfair about it. Tim Tebow? Stop. Just stop. Tebow had 2 minutes of brilliance following 58 minutes of horror in a few games and became a cult hero to idiots. Griffin was never ever never anything like that.

DG... then what we really disagree on is if RG3 has lived up to the billing. I say no. Year one was the fluke and what we are seeing now in a traditional offense is the real goods. Without the read option or the threat of he is average to below average. And if we continue to run the read option, its only a matter of time before he is injured again. Thus why are we wasting our time??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want solid evidence, go no further than J. Gruden himself. The issue is not whether Gruden was against it but WHEN was he convinced that he was FOR it!!! Clearly he's stated that he would not be starting the guy until blah, blah, blah, all of which would come as the week progressed leading up to the end of Friday's practice. The story was out long before that evaluation process was complete (early Wednesday).

To me this was unfair to our HC, I really don't care who leaked it, it should not have been done to him. If Bruce Allen is a man of his word, he would find out who the culprit(s) were and send a message that it ends now. If he or DS were involved, one or both owes the HC a public apology, still sending the message that this will no longer be business as usual.

or it can simply be sty , that he indeed made the call and people are running on unproveable BS and that he is making the coaching decisions

that goes against the grain with the CSI crowd here

put a name to a source and then you will get my attention

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can proclaim Cousins as nothing more than backup material after a total of 13 games played, and other players as not even worthy of being in the NFL after just as many games, why should Griffin not be held to at least this standard if not higher. Yes I know I know TWO WHOLE years ago he was GREAT. And three years ago Tim Tebow was two wins away from playing in the Super Bowl. Fact is Griffin has shown to be great in a particular style of offense. One that I THOUGHT we were moving away from for various reasons not the least of which being that its not conducive to keeping said named great QB healthy and on the field.

what particular style of offense is that shark ? he ran the WCO . he used the read option PLAY PLAY PLAY less then 10% of the time

Rg3 and the offense played well enough to win , the defense had at least a equal if not more fault in the loss

the thing that has happened the last 2 years , and its the real issue here , is he hasnt been healthy

and to be a franchise guy you have to be on the field period . until he shakes that he wont be

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what particular style of offense is that shark ? he ran the WCO . he used the read option PLAY PLAY PLAY less then 10% of the time

Rg3 and the offense played well enough to win , the defense had at least a equal if not more fault in the loss

the thing that has happened the last 2 years , and its the real issue here , is he hasnt been healthy

and to be a franchise guy you have to be on the field period . until he shakes that he wont be

When was the last time you saw any of the "franchise" QBs aside from Wilson running a read option?? Without it or the threat of it, RG3 is average at best. And the fact that he cant stay healthy running it is the main reason we need to stay away from it.

But that right there is the catch 22 isnt it?? Without it or the threat of it, he is average. With it, he is an injury waiting to happen. What to do what to do??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or it can simply be sty , that he indeed made the call and people are running on unproveable BS and that he is making the coaching decisions

Skinsdad.. .the problem here is you want to believe. You want to believe RG3 was more the victim than the cause of the dysfunction last year. You want to believe Snyder wasnt the main driving force behind the deal to get RG3. And you want to believe all this drama is made up and just people hating on the Skins. So even if some one came out and put their name to it as you suggest, I would fully expect your response to be something along the lines of, oh well this guy must be disgruntled or have an ax to grind with the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time you saw any of the "franchise" QBs aside from Wilson running a read option?? Without it or the threat of it, RG3 is average at best. And the fact that he cant stay healthy running it is the main reason we need to stay away from it.

But that right there is the catch 22 isnt it?? Without it or the threat of it, he is average. With it, he is an injury waiting to happen. What to do what to do??

the read option PLAY shark is relatively new to the NFL however wilson has a superbowl win vick has been to an nfc title game and Kaep has 2 nfc title appearances and a super bowl appearance

the eagles foles runs it , andy dalton runs hit and yes sancez ran it yesterday as does your boy tannehill

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the read option PLAY shark is relatively new to the NFL however wilson has a superbowl win vick has been to an nfc title game and Kaep has 2 nfc title appearances and a super bowl appearance

the eagles foles runs it , andy dalton runs hit and yes sancez ran it yesterday as does your boy tannehill

Vick has been the poster child for injury. Wilson is a bit smarter when it comes to NOT taking dumb hits doing it. Keap actually has the build for it. And Foles for all its worth is actually better in the pocket. to all the Qbs you mentioned it is exactly what it implies, an option. Not a needed facet of the offense. Because to call a spade a spade, I dont think there is a defense in the league that fears RG3 from the pocket.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you cannot see the truth in what I previously wrote then I cannot help you. However let's play it your way.

You're actually practicing what you rail against.......CSI......Here are the unnamed sources. D. Snyder, Bruce Allen, and at least 4 starting players. We'll say, Garcon, Reed, DJax, and A. Morris. Now pay attention because this is what you're doing.......prove that they didn't!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cannot see the truth in what I previously wrote then I cannot help you. However let's play it your way.

You're actually practicing what you rail against.......CSI......Here are the unnamed sources. D. Snyder, Bruce Allen, and at least 4 starting players. We'll say, Garcon, Reed, DJax, and A. Morris. Now pay attention because this is what you're doing.......prove that they didn't!!!

show me a quote from any of them saying Rg3 was not liked show me i dont want to hear about speculation

give me a legit name show me where allen said rg3 was not liked , that snyder made the call , show me

when you have the FACTS then talk to me . otherwise it is speculation, innuendo here say or opinion

put a name to it the defense doesnt have to prove who did what . the prosecution does and you are doing the accusing

when it comes out who did it then we will know

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently nobody else wants to do a little research on the locker room story. From most other sources it appears that the players were mad at the reporter & the media in general the other day. This is related to the fact that the Skins just opened up media access somewhat at their facility. If that is the case then perhaps the Redskins need to reconsider their policy (which they may be doing at this time) & perhaps issue a related statement/apology.

By all accounts this was not directed at RG3 but some folks hate the guy so much that they will never accept that as a possibility. Anyhow - it really doesn't matter as long as players are giving it their best on the field. Now the Redskins perhaps fell short yesterday, but I didn't see any of it as a lack of effort. Oh well - why bother? If you guys want to believe it fine - RG3 is the devil, Snyder is his sponsor & everything they do is meant to screw up this team. I truly am pissed about how RG3 screwed up the Redskins defense yesterday. All part of his master plan.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me a quote from any of them saying Rg3 was not liked show me i dont want to hear about speculation

give me a legit name show me where allen said rg3 was not liked , that snyder made the call , show me

when you have the FACTS then talk to me . otherwise it is speculation, innuendo here say or opinion

put a name to it the defense doesnt have to prove who did what . the prosecution does and you are doing the accusing

when it comes out who did it then we will know

People like Brit McHenry love to push stories like this in hopes that it makes her a bigger name and boosts her career. I wouldn't put that past her or any of the other flunkies at ESPN. ESPN has been known to doctor similar stories in the past.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize that the read option has been run in the league for only 2 full seasons right? And in one of those 2 years that team won the Super Bowl.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, lets see. Just this last weekend, I saw Wilson, Kaepernick, Foles, and Newton run it. Those were just the games I saw. Is it a staple of their offenses? Yeah, it probably is tho it is only used 2-4 times a game. But the success of the RO is not measured in yards picked up on those 2-4 plays, but the effect it has on the defense and what it opens up for the rest on this offense.